Salaam!

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Welcome Matt, Masha Allah that you've reverted to Islam. I am also a revert. I live in Georgia, and sadly I have to be careful around our Mosques because as I've found, some are affiliated with the Nation of Islam, not the TRUE Islam :eek:

I live in a Christian-dominated place too, but you will feel very isolated if not around Muslims. My advice you to is to start saying "Assalamu alaykum" to everyone, LOL. You are bound to find SOMEONE in your city who is Muslim, even if they are "on the down low" Muslim and trying to blend in with the surroundings.

Are you 100% there is no Mosque near you? Many Mosques dont look like Mosques, the ones here are usually refurnished old brick buildings and such. Very...normal looking.

Salaamalaykum,

Sister alf mentions an important point, BarakAllahu feeki. There a lot of *deviants* who also have prayer halls and masjids across the country. It would be better if you seek some help (perhaps from someone on this webforum) to tell you if the mosque is following mainstream Islam.

You can go in the link below and type your city's name. Perhaps you might find some Islamic organizations or mosques around.

http://www.islamicfinder.org/cityPrayerNew.php?country=usa

Also, there are bound to be many masjids in W. Virginia :).. But I don't know how long of a drive that is going to be for you.

Wasalaamalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Matta

Wow, so many replies. =3 I really appreciate it, guys.

But since I can't really respond to every single person here, I'll just point out the major issues:

- I will not try to badger my parents to covert to Islam. That's their decision, and they are free to embrace any religion they choose...which happens to be Christianity. Any besides, getting into religious discussions with them tend to make them uneasy and uncomfortable, so it's best to just keep it to myself and just explain to them what Islam is all about. Besides, I don't like people trying to conform me to their beliefs, so I won't do others that way.

- I'll study all I can about Ramadan, and attempt to "practice" it before the holiday begins. I'll go to the doctor and ask her about it. Like what that fellow Muslim said, I don't have to mention the fact that I'm Muslim, just an interest in Ramadan and fasting in general. I'll eat a good meal before Fajr and drink plenty of water before the daylight hours. Hopefully that will hold me over for the long hours ahead. May Allah guide me well through my fasting journey. But at least that gives me opportunity for Qur'an reading and focusing on my prayers. ^_^

- Checking on Google Maps (which is really convenient, by the way), the nearest mosques are in Prestonsburg (going east), which is about 2 hours, and Elizabethtown (going west), which is 2 hours and 15 minutes...so either one I choose I'll have a good drive ahead of me.

...Wow, that's alot of text! o_O But I hope it has answered everyone's questions. If you still have any, just ask me. And if I still have any, I'll ask you people. :p

Yaqoub al Talib

salaam walaikum

my name is Yaqoub {now}
and I am new to Islam
I was Roman Catholic all my life... I am 21... A white {italian roots} American college student
I have studied Islam ever since I read the autobiography of malcolm x in 2003... that book changed the course of my life {as you can see}

i am here to meet brothers and sisters who can support me in my journey and help me to please God

:]

that is all i have ever wanted to do......... :]

LeBlanc

Welcome Aboard

2lik9q0.png
[/IMG]

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
my name is Yaqoub {now}
and I am new to Islam
I was Roman Catholic all my life... I am 21... A white {italian roots} American college student
I have studied Islam ever since I read the autobiography of malcolm x in 2003... that book changed the course of my life {as you can see}

i am here to meet brothers and sisters who can support me in my journey and help me to please God

Assalamu Alaikom My brother ,
welcome to Islam and welcome to our TTI family .
Nice to have you among us , also as I said to brother Matta , feel free to ask any question :)

May Allah bless you .

Brother Matta : Ramadhan is comming within 4 days , how is your preparation ? :)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

First let me welcome everyone. It is so good to see our family multiply.

Baby steps are so essential before one can walk. Be steady in your heart and take the next step. Please see a doctor before you start to fast. And drink water.

To all Insha'Allah we will learn from one another.

Talib H

my name is Yaqoub {now}
and I am new to Islam

Dear brother Yaqoub,
:salam2:

Malcolm X have moved many during his lifetime. His memoirs are still moving many. May Allah(swt) reward him Janat Al Firdous Al 'Alaa... Ameen.

Brother Yaqoub, when Allah(swt) Decrees success for someone, He(swt) Guides that person into the right path through Islam. And when someone says the Shahadah all of his/her past is forgiven and forgotten. You, Matta, and all the reverts are very special people. My advice is to always turn to Allah(swt) for matters big or small and ask for His(swt) guidance. Try never missing your obligatory 5 prayers, always read the Qur'an and hold fast to the Sunnah, learn and implement it in your life.

Welcome to the Light.

Talib H.