salaams....good question...

ummyasiin

Striving for Janatul firdous
As salaamu alaikum, can anyone tell me who r the woman Allah swt has granted paradise to and the woman of this life who also has been granted paradisw too, n how many....Ishallah...:tti_sister:

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
Assalam Alaykum,Sister in Islam.

The woman Allaah swt has granted paradise

1st: Thr perfect Women

It was Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari (R.A.A): Allah's Messanger (S.A.W) said, "Many amongst men attained perfection but amongst women none attained the perfection except Maryam (Mary), the daughter of 'Imran, and Asiya, the wife of Fir'aun (Pharaoh). And the superiority of Aishah to other women is like the superiority of Tharid (i.e., and Arabic dish) to other meals." Sahih Al-Bukhari- Volume 5 (Book 62)

Some reports also add “… and Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid and Faatimah bint Muhammad.” (Narrated by at-Tabaraani).

the hadeeth “Faatimah is the leader of the women of the people of Paradise except for Maryam bint ‘Imraan.” (Narrated by Ahmad, 11347. Its isnaad was classed as hasan by al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar in al-Fath, 7/111).

The Virtue of Maryam Over the Women of Her Time

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
(''And (remember) when the angels said: "O Maryam! Verily, Allah has chosen you, purified you, and chosen you above the women of the nations.'') [Aal ‘Imraan 3:42]

At-Tirmidhi recorded that `Ali bin Abi Talib said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah say, (The best woman (in her time) was Maryam, daughter of `Imran, and the best woman (of the Prophet's time) is Khadijah (his wife), daughter of Khuwaylid.)''

The Two Sahihs recorded this Hadith. Ibn Jarir recorded that Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari said that the Messenger of Allah said, Many men achieved perfection, but among women, only Maryam the daughter of `Imran and Asiah, the wife of Fir`awn, achieved perfection.)

With regard to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her), it is also narrated in saheeh hadeeths that she will be one of the wives of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) in Paradise.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) said: I said: O Messenger of Allah, who among your wives will be in Paradise? He said: “Verily, you will be one of them.”

Narrated by al-Haakim in al-Mustadrak (4/14). He said: Its isnaad is saheeh although they (al-Bukhaari and Muslim) did not narrate it. al-Dhahabi classed it as saheeh in al-Talkhees. Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allah have mercy on him) said in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (no. 1142): It is (saheeh) according to the conditions of Muslim. End quote.

‘Ammaar ibn Yaasir (may Allah be pleased with him) said: I know for certain that she is his wife in this world and in the Hereafter.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3772).

Also Refer to :Aasiyah the wife of Pharaoh

Allaah said about her (interpretation of the meaning):
"And Allaah sets forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Pharaoh, when she said: ‘My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Pharaoh and his work, and save me from the people who are zaalimoon (polytheists, wrong-doers and disbelievers in Allaah).’"
[al-Tahreem 66:11]

2nd: the hairdresser of Pharaoh’s daughter

The story of the hairdresser of the daughter of Pharaoh is narrated as follows:

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “On the night on which I was taken on the Night Journey (Isra’), a beautiful fragrance came to me. I said: O Jibreel, what is this beautiful fragrance? He said: This is the fragrance of the hairdresser of Pharaoh’s daughter and her children. I said: What is their story? He said: Whilst she was combing the hair of Pharaoh’s daughter one day, the iron comb fell from her hand and she said, ‘Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah).’ The daughter of Pharaoh said: ‘My father?’ She said: ‘No. My Lord and the Lord of your father is Allaah.’ She said: ‘I will tell him about that.’ She said: ‘Yes.’ So she told him and he summoned her and said: ‘O So and so, do you have a Lord other than me?’ She said: ‘Yes, my Lord and your Lord is Allaah.’ He ordered that a baqarah (lit. “cow”) made of copper be heated up, then he ordered that she and her children be thrown into it. She said: ‘I have a request to make of you.’ He said: ‘What is your request?’ She said: ‘I would like my bones and my children’s bones to be gathered together in one cloth and buried.’ He said: ‘This will be done for you.’ He ordered that her children be thrown into it in front of her, one by one, until they came to the last one who was an infant boy who was still being breastfed. It was as if she wavered because of him, but he said: ‘O mother, go ahead, for the punishment of this world is easier to bear than the punishment of the hereafter.’ So she went ahead.” Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: Four infants spoke: ‘Eesa ibn Maryam (peace be upon him), the companion of Jurayj, the witness of Yoosuf and the son of the hairdresser of Pharaoh’s daughter.

Narrated by Imam Ahmad in al-Musnad (1/309), al-Tabaraani (12280), Ibn Hibbaan (2903) and al-Haakim (2/496).

Al-Dhahabi said in al-‘Aluw (84): This hadeeth has a hasan isnaad. Ibn Katheer said in al-Tafseer (3/15): There is nothing wrong with its isnaad. Its isnaad was classed as saheeh by the scholar Ahmad Shaakir in his commentary on al-Musnad (4/295). Al-Arna’oot said in Takhreej al-Musnad (5/30-31, no. 2821): Its isnaad is hasan.

3rd: a shaheedah (martyr)

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The martyrs are five: those who are stabbed, those who die of a stomach disease, those who drown, those who are crushed by falling walls, and those who die in battle for the sake of Allaah.”
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 615).

Also, If a woman dies with a child in her womb, or she dies during childbirth or after childbirth but within the period of nifaas (post-partum bleeding), she is considered to be a shaheedah in sha Allaah.

Raashid ibn Hubaysh narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered upon ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit when he was sick and said, “Do you know who is a shaheed (martyr) in my ummah?” The people remained silent, then ‘Ubaadah said, “Help me to sit up.” They helped him to sit up, then he said, “O Messenger of Allaah, (is it) the patient one who seeks reward from Allaah for his patience?” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Then the martyrs among my ummah would be very few. Being killed for the sake of Allaah is martyrdom, the plague is martyrdom, drowning is martyrdom, stomach disease is martyrdom, and if a woman dies during the post-partum period, her child will drag her to Paradise by his umbilical cord.” The umbilical cord is that which is cut by the midwife when the child is born.

The hadeeth was narrated by Imaam Ahmad in his Musnad with a saheeh isnaad. (al-Musnad, 3/489). There is a corroborating report narrated by Maalik (1/233) and Abu Dawood, 3/482).

‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit also narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Who is counted as a shaheed among you?” They said, “The one who fights and is killed for the sake of Allaah.” The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Then the shaheeds among my ummah would be few. The one who is killed for the sake of Allaah is a shaheed; the one who dies of plague is a shaheed; the one who dies of a stomach disease is a shaheed; the woman who dies with a child in her womb is a shaheed.”

This was narrated by Imaam Ahmad, 5/315, and by Ibn Maajah, and by Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh, who said its isnaad is saheeh. A report with a similar meaning was narrated by Muslim, as referred to above.

4th:Umm Haraam and Umm Sulaym were mahrams of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ,al-Ghumaysa’ the daughter of Milhan, the mother of Anas ibn Malik.

No doubt Allah (Subhanahu wa ta’ala) knew the sincerity of Umm Sulaym’s faith, and conveyed the good news of Paradise to her via His Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam):

“I entered Paradise, and heard footsteps. I said, ‘Who is this?’ and they told me, ‘It is al-Ghumaysa’, the daughter of Milhan, the mother of Anas ibn Malik.’”

See Sahih Muslim, 16/11, Kitab fada’il al-Sahabah, bab fada’il Umm Sulaym

Umm Sulaym’s full name was Sahlah or Rumaylah or Mulaykah bint Milhaan ibn Khaalid ibn Zayd ibn Haraam ibn Jundub al-Ansaariyyah (may Allaah be pleased with her). She was the mother of Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him), and is best known by her kunyah; there is some difference of opinion as to her given name. Al-Isaabah, 8/227.

Umm Haraam was the daughter of Milhaan (may Allaah be pleased with him), and was the sister of Umm Sulaym. Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said: I could not find out her real name.

They were both mahrams of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Al-Bukhaari (2789) and Muslim (1912) narrated from Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) that he heard him say that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to enter upon Umm Haraam bint Milhaan and she would give him food. Umm Haraam was married to ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit. One day the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) entered upon her, and she provided him with food and started grooming his head. Then the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) slept, then he woke up smiling. Umm Haraam asked, "What makes you smile, O Messenger of Allaah?" He said, "Some people of my ummah were shown to me (in my dream) fighting for the sake of Allaah, sailing in the middle of the seas like kings on the thrones or like kings sitting on their thrones." (The narrator Ishaq is not sure as to which expression was correct). Umm Haraam added, "I said, 'O Messenger of Allaah! Pray to Allaah to make me one of them.' " So the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed to Allaah for her and then laid his head down (and slept). Then he woke up smiling (again). (Umm Haraam added): I said, "What makes you smile, O Messenger of Allaah?" He said, "Some people of my ummah were shown to me (in my dream) fighting for the sake of Allaah." He said the same as he had said before. I said, "O Messenger of Allaah! Pray to Allaah to make me one of them." He said, "You will be among the first ones." Then Umm Haraam sailed across the sea during the Caliphate of Mu’aawiya ibn Abi Sufyaan, and she fell down from her riding animal after coming ashore, and died.

Muslim (2331) narrated that Anas ibn Maalik said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to enter Umm Sulaym’s house and sleep on her mattress when she was not there. He came one day and slept on her mattress, then someone went to her and said to her, “The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is sleeping in your house on your bed.” She came and saw that he had sweated and his sweat had soaked a piece of cloth that was on the mattress. She opened her box and started collecting that sweat and squeezing it into bottles. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) woke with a start and said, “What are you doing, O Umm Sulaym?” She said, “O Messenger of Allaah, we hope for the barakah (blessing) of this sweat for our children.” He said, “You are right.”

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“The scholars are agreed that Umm Haraam was a mahram of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but they differed as to how that came about. Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr and others said that she was one of his maternal aunts through radaa’ah (breastfeeding). Others said that she was the maternal aunt of his father or his grandfather, because ‘Abd al-Muttalib’s mother was from Banu al-Najjaar.”

He also said:

“Umm Haraam was the sister of Umm Sulaym, and they were maternal aunts of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his mahrams, either through radaa’ah or through blood. So it was permissible for him to be alone with them and to enter upon them on his own, but he did not enter upon any other woman apart from his wives.

5th: the black woman who's suffer from epilepsy ,

It was narrated from Ibn `Abbaas that a black woman came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: I suffer from epilepsy and I become uncovered. Pray to Allaah for me. He said: IF you wish, you can be patient and Paradise will be yours, or if you wish I will pray to Allaah to heal you. She said, I will be patient. Then she said: But I become uncovered. Pray to Allaah that I will not become uncovered. So he prayed for her.
Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5652; Muslim, 2576.

once Ibn-Abbas said to another companion, “Would you like me to show you a woman from the people of paradise?” The companion said, “Yes!” So Ibn-Abbas pointed out a woman and said, “This black woman there. She came to the Prophet (PBUH) and said, ‘I have epilepsy, and because of it I become exposed, so pray for Allah to cure me.’ The Prophet replied, ‘If you wish, I can pray for you, and if you wish, you can be patient and you will be rewarded with paradise.’ So the woman said, ‘No, I will be patient.’ But then she looked at the Prophet and said, ‘But messenger of Allah, I become exposed! Pray to Allah that I do not become exposed.’ The Prophet prayed for her and she never became exposed again.”
(Authentic Hadith, Sahih Bukhari, 5652).

6th: The Ideal Muslimah,

The Muslim woman does not forget that her obedience to her husband is one of the things that may lead her to Paradise

as the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

“If a woman prays her five daily prayers, fasts her month (of Ramadan), obeys her husband and guards her chastity, then it will be said to her: ‘Enter Paradise by whichever of its gates you wish.’”

Reported by Ahmad and al-Tabarani; its narrators are thiqat. See Majma’ al-Zawa’id, 4/306, Bab haqq al-zawj ‘ala’l-mar’ah.

Umm Salamah (radhiallahu anha) said:

“ Allah’s Messenger (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: ‘Any woman who dies, and her husband is pleased with her, will enter Paradise.’”

Ibn Majah, 1/595, Kitab al-nikah, bab haqq al-zawj ‘ala’l-mar’ah; al-Hakim, 4/173, Kitab al-birr wa’l-silah; he said its isnad is sahih.

The true Muslim woman knows that Islam, which has multiplied her reward for obeying her husband and made it a means of her admittance to Paradise, has also warned every woman who deviates from the path of marital obedience and neglects to take care of her husband, that she will be guilty of sin, and will incur the wrath and curses of the angels.

No doubt Allah (Subhanahu wa ta’ala) knew the sincerity of Umm Sulaym’s faith, and conveyed the good news of Paradise to her via His Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam):

“I entered Paradise, and heard footsteps. I said, ‘Who is this?’ and they told me, ‘It is al-Ghumaysa’, the daughter of Milhan, the mother of Anas ibn Malik.’”

See Sahih Muslim, 16/11, Kitab fada’il al-Sahabah, bab fada’il Umm Sulaym

The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) warned those foolish women who ask their husbands for a divorce with no legitimate reason that they would be denied even the scent of Paradise:

“Any woman who asks her husband for a divorce with no good reason will be deprived of even smelling the scent of Paradise.”

A hasan sahih hadith, reported by Tirmidhi, 2/329, abwab al-talaq, 11; Ibn Hibban, 9/490, Kitab al-nikah, bab ma’ashirah al-zawjayn.

She was a woman who always spoke the truth, and carried this burden sincerely. It is no surprise that she earned the pleasure of Allah (Subhanahu wa ta’ala) and deserved to be honor ed by Him, so He conveyed the greeting of salam to her through His Messengers Jibril and Muhammad(sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), and gave her glad tidings of a house in Paradise, as is stated in the hadith narrated by Abu Hurayrah:

“Jibril came to the Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) and said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, Khadijah is coming to you with vessels containing food and drink. When she comes to you, convey to her the greeting of salam from her Rabb (Cherisher and Sustainer) and from me, and give her the glad tidings of a house of pearls in Paradise, in which there is no noise or hard work.”

Bukhari & Muslim. See Sharh al-Sunnah, 14/155, Kitab fada’il al-Sahabah, bab manaqib Khadijah.

One of the beautiful stories narrated about a woman’s encouraging her husband to spend for the sake of Allah (Subhanahu wa ta’ala) is the story of Umm al-Dahdah. When her husband came to her and told her that he had given in charity the garden in which she and her children used to live, in hopes of receiving a bunch of dates [See Sahih Muslim, 8/33, Kitab al-jana’iz, bab al-lahd wa nasab al-laban ‘ala’l-mayit.] in Paradise, she said, “You have got a good deal, you have got a good deal.” The Prophet (sallallahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) commented, “How many bunches of dates Abu’l-Dahdah will have in Paradise!” and he repeated this several times.

Reported by Ahmad and al-Tabarani; its narrators are rijal al-sahih. See also Majma’ al-Zawa’id, 9/324, Kitab al-manaqib, bab ma ja’a fi Abi’l-Dahdah.

And Allaah knows best.

nassie93

Thank you, mashallah

Brother Abu Sarah, I agree too. Thank you for sharing. Wow Mash'allah. Role models for us all insh'allah