salaat timing question

majormuss

:salam2:
Performing salaat 30 mins before its time because you have a class regularly at 1:00pm- is this allowed?

xAllahKnowsBestx

:wasalam:

As far as I'm aware you have to pray within the actual time period, not earlier and not later. Or else the prayer would be invalid. Maybe you could take like 10 minutes off the class to pray insha'Allah? :)

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

no brother, prayer before its time is not valid. is it possible to talk to admin to give you few mins during class for prayer?

if not, does your class end while there is still time for the prayer? then, you can pray after the class

may Allah help you.

majormuss

That is sad to hear. I think it is impossible to ask for prayer time. i guess i'll have to do it after the class.

strive-may-i

Learn about rules and practice of Jama prayers

Performing salaat 30 mins before its time because you have a class regularly at 1:00pm- is this allowed?

Yes, Prophet:saw: has shown us how to go about in such matters. There are authentic practices and rules of how to do it. Its called combining of prayers prayers [called Jama] -- You should make some time and learn as per your Madhab. Please note, it comes with rules, you should stick to the rules and not change it to suit your convenience....
( There could be subtleties that am not aware of in the 4 Madhabs. )

Hope this helps...

abdul-aziz

That is sad to hear. I think it is impossible to ask for prayer time. i guess i'll have to do it after the class.

allow me to give you some logic to follow that I learned from a sheik.

First of all thuhr prayer is due from the time all the way till asr. Meaning that if you make the prayer it will be on time not gatha(make up) till asr comes in. Of course, there is a lot more ajr(blessing) in praying with more than 1 person (jamaaa).

Now let's say for example, it is time to pray thuhr and you are alone, it is better to delay if you know that there will be others praying thuhr with you but up until asr.

So always try to pray jamaa.

Now it is not acceptable to pray before the time thuhr. If you have a class just pray after and try to do it before asr.

wa Allah ya'lam

in case you are wondering how I derived this lesson: 1 time I was hasting to pray thuhr at its time. I called the others but they were all busy. So I prayed it alone, then 1 person joined me, by the time I was on the last rakaa there was like 6 people with the sheik being 1 of them. So they completed in varying order the rakaat they missed joining. Then more people joined them and then we had such a confused state, I was so so embarrassed. That is when the sheik, hiftha Allah, explained to me. Always wait for the jamaa, however; you can make Athan and remind others of the time to pray at the time but wait for a good number of people to come.:)