Salam Alykum

muslimah84

This was originally posted in the sister group but i think it may be nice to share my experience with everybody, since they might might have experienced a parallel scenario when they turned to Islam.Thanks.
---------------
Hello everyone,I am new here and i like it already :ma:
well just wanted to share a lil bit of my story.
I was born in west africa and my whole family lineage is Muslim, i migrated to the west at a young age and since I've been the typical western raised girl, but Allahmdullilahi,about a year ago i decided to take my Ibadah seriously and i've been striving hard to live a pious and righteous lifestyle, however i've hit a minor bump in the road. Its rather unexpected and i really didnt think this would be an issue i would face. So basically long story short when i started wearing my proper hijab everything was cool, my friends,classmates,professors at school were at first confused, shocked etc but they did not treat me any differently or alienate me,they just had a few questions which i answered and everything was fine after that and everyone got used to it,things went back to normal. The bump in the road came along when i came home for break, my mom was absolutely against it :eek:, for the longest time i just couldn't understand it:confused:, it would make sense if she was not a muslim or knew nothing about Islam but she was born a muslim and knows the basics.Initially i was really sad,the irony of it was that i was expecting negativity from outsiders at school etc but all the negativity was coming from my own family. To be honest i did not know how to handle it and i was rather angry at first, but Allahmdulilhai, i came to realize that this is the worst approach to take especially toward ones own beloved mother, this is against the teachings of Islam. It is still difficult for me to grasp but i now realize that the best thing is to just keep smiling, whenever she starts with any of the negativity i just try my best to be patient. I pray that with time she will get over it(please make a dua for me). This has really been a fitnah for me but i realize that Allah in his infinite wisdom tests us in order to strengthen us. i think i have grown immensely from this experience and plan to keep learning the skill/art of patience when dealing with my mother whom i love very much for the sake of Allah. I also realize that when it comes to doing anything relating to my deen,it must be done for the sake of Allah and not to please anybody even my mother, thus i will continue to wear my proper hijab even with my moms strong disapproval.
Well sorry for being long winded, just wanted to share just incase anybody is going through similar things.
Have a lovely day.
Jazakallah Kairun
Muslimah84:hijabi:

amatullah sajida

assalam alaykom sis muslimah84

i really hope from allah that ur mom will find the right path u found and ur relation will come to peace at the end

keep ur spirit up sis and continue ur struggle for allah sake.

i hope that allah gives u strength