Samiri

RandyJackson

Salam Alaykum

In surah 20, Ta Ha, verses 95-97, Moses talks to a Samiri who helped build the golden cow. Who is this Samiri? And why would he end up saying "touch me not?"

RandyJackson

Some guys from another website are claiming that the Samiri is the Dajjal???????????

Although, I disagree with them, I'm sort of curious.

***REMOVED***

Can someone tell me if they guys are saying truth or nonsense? Thanks

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

These brothers though might have the "right intention" they are being swept by their speculations based on *personal interpretations*..thus their intention's *worth* is perhaps jeoprodized...the issue of *ijtihad* is allowed for a Muslims should he/she be *very well* educated and *very* knowledgeable in the Qura'an..the texts of the Sunnah..and even those of the different schools of thought (i.e. he/she must be a *certified* scholar)..since many of us do not possess that level of education and knowledge..we must not delve into *interpreting* Islamic issues on our own...this is to protect our *faith* and our *understanding* of Islam..and to protect Islam from innovations and faulty beliefs altogether..so it's a dual-goal with dual-focuses..also it will stop us from delving into speaking of that which is in the *ghayb* (unknown)..which is in the hands of Allah (sobhanaho wa ta'ala) only...which delving into may cause us to transgress against *Allah* in one way or another due to our human fallibility..

There are valid and researched sources on the subject of the Dajjal...

If we want to learn about him we should seek information from them..it's as simple as that..

Mind you brother..It's quite sad that in the midst of a "religious" talk people have the *manners* to write down profane words to *express their opinion*..sobhanallah..is that how our Muslim forefathers spoke amongst each other and to others?!..two of the many basis of Islam are *noble manners* and *treatment (of others)*..and Rasulullah (sallah Allaho 'alayhi wassalam) said in a hadith..

"I have been sent to integrate the [most] noble of manners" [cited as sahih by Al-Albani]

Where are they from this hadith and its profound *message* and *meaning* when they write foul four-lettered words on the same pages where Allah's name..the prophet's name..Qura'anic verses..and hadiths are being written?! (and this is not to say that my objection is restricted to this instance of that language use..good manners especially those of *speech* are to be observed 24/7 in *all* situations)

May Allah guide them and us..and keep us all upon the straight-path..Ameen

:wasalam:

hana*

samiri was a man from Bani Israel (the children of Israel) at the time of Moses. when Moses when to speak with Allah (he went for 40 days), samiri gathered the treasures from what pharoah and his army had left behind and used this gold to build a calf. A section of Bani Israel worshipped this calf.

The calf was destroyed on Moses return and Samiri was expelled

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalam walaikum,

Dearest brother..I do not write as much as I used to in the past. I log on and read a few ideas. I enjoy your thoughts. I beg you to curb the emotions. If you like a particular response..respond to it and make it work. Yeah, there are moderators. For a little while whenever I stroked the keyboard.it was a delete.
The obvious lesson I derived from Samiri was the fact that he did not realize the sin he was committing. He is the male version of the wife of Lot. She had to turn around. She was at heart with the denizens of Sodom and Gomorrah. Likewise, Samiri could not give up the worship of false idols. No sooner had the Prophet Musa left and Samiri was insecure about his personal relationship with Allah. His heart led him to false worship. It was a matter of sabr.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
:salam2:

Brother Randy...

If you noticed..the only thing removed out of *the whole* thread..is the link you posted...and it wasn't removed because it doesn't comply with my "mainstream select" mentality (as you called it)...per the message stated under the first post I edited..I clarified that it is removed due to *profanity*..

Being a *calm gentleman* when speaking about others (especially sisters..the *qawareer* to be treated with utmost care) not only gets you *heard* but also earns you rewards with Allah (if Allah Wills so)...mind you brother..I am in *no way* an authority here...I am no different than another member watching and reporting troublesome posts..directing others towards good sources..or giving advice seeking rewards from Allah through it..the only difference is that the editing options on my account are not restricted to my posts only..they are expanded over the entire website's materials..that gives me *no authority*..it only gives me a big *responsibility*

I hope you remember the matters I detailed above the next time you make a reply baraka Allaho feek..I don't get any *kick* or *benefit* from editing materials..I edit only to implement TTI rules and fulfill my duty as a moderator..if you are having difficulties with that..then there is not much I can do..because the saying goes *pleasing people is a desire never attained* and reality supports *it*..so I can only strive to do my best and fear Allah while doing so..

P.S. If mainstream-selective-ness..stands for promoting that which is in Allah's book..and His Prophet's Sunnah..then alhamdulillah always and forever for allowing me to be counted amongst such group..I would be beyond pleased to be *assured* of being in such state as I wouldn't want it *any* other way!

:wasalam:

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Wa aleikum musalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu bro beat source for translation is Tafsir Ibn Kathir - Quran Tafsir here is where you gain knowledge.

How As-Samiri made the Calf

Musa said to As-Samiri, "What caused you to do what you did What presented such an idea to you causing you to do this'' Muhammad bin Ishaq reported from Ibn `Abbas that he said, "As-Samiri was a man from the people of Bajarma, a people who worshipped cows. He still had the love of cow worshipping in his soul. However, he acted as though he had accepted Islam with the Children of Israel. His name was Musa bin Zafar.'' Qatadah said, "He was from the village of Samarra.''

﴿قَالَ بَصُرْتُ بِمَا لَمْ يَبْصُرُواْ بِهِ﴾

((Samiri) said: "I saw what they saw not.'') This means, "I saw Jibril when he came to destroy Fir`awn.''

﴿فَقَبَضْتُ قَبْضَةً مِّنْ أَثَرِ الرَّسُولِ﴾

(so I took a handful (Qabdah) from the print of the messenger) This means from the hoof print of his (Jibril's) horse. This is what is well-known with many of the scholars of Tafsir, rather most of them. Mujahid said,

﴿فَقَبَضْتُ قَبْضَةً مِّنْ أَثَرِ الرَّسُولِ﴾

(so I took a handful (Qabdah) from the print of the messenger) "From under the hoof of Jibril's horse.'' He also said, "The word Qabdah means a palmful, and it is also that which is grasped by the tips of the fingers.'' Mujahid said, "As-Samiri threw what was in his hand onto the jewelry of the Children of Israel and it became molded into the body of a calf, which made a light moaning sound. The wind that blew into it was the cause of its sound.'' Thus, he said,

﴿فَنَبَذْتُهَا﴾

(and I threw it.) This means, "I threw it along with those who were throwing (jewelry).''

﴿وَكَذلِكَ سَوَّلَتْ لِى نَفْسِى﴾

(Thus my inner self suggested to me.) This means that his soul considered it something good and it was pleasing to his self.

The Punishment of As-Samiri and the burning of the Calf Thereupon

﴿قَالَ فَاذْهَبْ فَإِنَّ لَكَ فِى الْحَيَوةِ أَن تَقُولَ لاَ مِسَاسَ﴾

((Musa) said: "Then go away! And verily, your (punishment) in this life will be that you will say: `Touch me not.''') This means, "Just as you took and touched what was not your right to take and touch of the messenger's foot print, such is your punishment in this life, that you will say, `Do not touch (me).''' This means, "You will not touch the people and they will not touch you.''

﴿وَإِنَّ لَكَ مَوْعِداً﴾

(and verily, you have a promise) This means on the Day of Resurrection.

﴿لَّن تُخْلَفَهُ﴾

(that will not fail.) you will have no way to escape it. Qatadah said,

﴿أَن تَقُولَ لاَ مِسَاسَ﴾

(that you will say: `Touch me not.') "This is referring to a punishment for them and their remnants (i.e. those who have their disease) today still say `Do not touch.''' Concerning Allah's statement,

﴿وَإِنَّ لَكَ مَوْعِداً لَّن تُخْلَفَهُ﴾

(and verily, you have a promise that will not fail.) Al-Hasan, Qatadah and Abu Nahik said, "You will not be absent from it.''

﴿وَانظُرْ إِلَى إِلَـهِكَ﴾

(And look at your god) that which you worshipped,

﴿الَّذِى ظَلْتَ عَلَيْهِ عَاكِفاً﴾

(to which you have been devoted.) that which you established worship of, which was the calf.

﴿إِنَّمَآ إِلَـهُكُمُ اللَّهُ الَّذِى لا إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ وَسِعَ كُلَّ شَىْءٍ عِلْماً ﴾

(Your God is only Allah, there is no God but Him. He has full knowledge of all things.) Musa was saying to them, "This is not your god. Your God is only Allah, the One Whom there is no true God except Him. Worship is not befitting to anyone except Him. For everything is in need of Him and everything is His servant. Concerning the statement,

﴿وَسِعَ كُلَّ شَىْءٍ عِلْماً﴾

(He has full knowledge of all things.) The word `Ilm (knowledge) is in the accusative case for distinction. It means that He is the All-Knower of everything.

﴿أَحَاطَ بِكُلِّ شَىْءٍ عِلْمَا﴾

((Allah) surrounds all things in (His) knowledge. ) ﴿65:12﴾ And He says,

﴿وَأَحْصَى كُلَّ شَىْءٍ عَدَداً﴾

(And (He) keeps count of all things.) ﴿72:28﴾ Therefore,

﴿لاَ يَعْزُبُ عَنْهُ مِثْقَالُ ذَرَّةٍ﴾

(Not even the weight of a speck of dust escapes His knowledge.) ﴿34:3﴾ He also says,

﴿وَمَا تَسْقُطُ مِن وَرَقَةٍ إِلاَّحَبَّةٍ فِى ظُلُمَـتِ الاٌّرْضِ وَلاَ رَطْبٍ وَلاَ يَابِسٍ إِلاَّ فِى كِتَـبٍ مُّبِينٍ﴾

(Not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record.) ﴿6:59﴾ And He says,

﴿وَمَا مِن دَآبَّةٍ فِي الاٌّرْضِ إِلاَّ عَلَى اللَّهِ رِزْقُهَا وَيَعْلَمُ مُسْتَقَرَّهَا وَمُسْتَوْدَعَهَا كُلٌّ فِى كِتَابٍ مُّبِينٍ ﴾

(And no moving creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allah. And He knows its dwelling place and its deposit. All is in a Clear Book.) ﴿11:6﴾ The Ayat that mention this are numerous.

﴿كَذلِكَ نَقُصُّ عَلَيْكَ مِنْ أَنْبَآءِ مَا قَدْ سَبَقَ وَقَدْ آتَيْنَـكَ مِن لَّدُنَّا ذِكْراً - مَّنْ أَعْرَضَ عَنْهُ فَإِنَّهُ يَحْمِلُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَـمَةِ وِزْراً - خَـلِدِينَ فِيهِ وَسَآءَ لَهُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَـمَةِ حِمْلاً ﴾

(99. Thus We relate to you some information of what happened before. And indeed We have given you from Us a Reminder.) (100. Whoever turns away from it, verily, they will bear a heavy burden on the Day of Resurrection.) (101. They will abide in that -- and evil indeed will it be that load for them on the Day of Resurrection.)