"Save TTI Family - Plan"

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Barakaatuh,

JazaakumAllahu khayraa everyone for your kind posts.

:salam2:
And I'm sure the report functionality is working fine. I reported something and it got taken care of within 12 hours.
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

BaraakAllahu feeki for the info. I reported some posts some time ago and they were still there for a couple of days. It was dealt with when I saw Aisya VM sister al-fajr about it.

Assalamu alaikim wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuh sister:

You are right sister, but we tried our best to make the teachings of Islam clear . We were trying not to let that boy leave Islam. I have sons and I know what is going on inside youth of today. The schools , the media is calling to worship a new false idols : science , fame, pleasure............only Islam can drag them out of those locks. We tried to make the picture clear.

Ukhti, I believed it right from the beginning that he wasn't ready for anything bigger than a discussion on Tawheed, Risalaat and Resurrection. In my honest opinion it was foolish of the members to insist on debating him. The whole thing should have been ignored when he clearly showed his vague understanding of Islam. I believe it did more damage than good to all of us. It was better to leave it be.

The only reason I didn't say all this to you girls back in that thread was because when I said the same to another brother, he said I was defending scotty. So. . I thought TTI could be well without another personal attack session.

wa alaykum salam, I saw the link without the PM needed. inshaAllah will do my best to sort out these problems.
JazaakAllahu khayraa brother. You are a just admin Alhumdulillah.
SO.

Going back to the original topic, I do believe that members should be more vigilant about keeping TTI's true spirit alive. We may all get caught up in wanting to defend our beautiful faith or moreso lash out at an offensive statement, but above all I think it's best to keep in mind that responses to such an individual should be made for the right reasons. That means basing our decisions on Allah and not our own selves or our personal sense of honor.

I'm seriously speaking to myself first and foremost. I've had to remember the above as well even though its not first nature to me but I felt what I'm sure everyone else on this forum felt and that was that no one wanted to be the catalyst to tip the "extremely fragile and delicate balance" and push this person out of Islam. I was totally willing to pass that torch to someone else and I see I wasn't the only one, as many people who would usually respond refrained from doing so. My guess, for the same reason.

At the end of the day, every individual will answer for his or her own choices, no one else's. Lets try to make the right one, people. Goes a little something like "La illaha illa ALLAH". Not "illa (insert Taghut of choice)".

Spot on ukhti. May Allah bless you with more knowledge, wisdom and happiness.

Assalamu'alaykum,

I don't really have a problem with people discussing science and other issues or even debating, why are people so averse to it? If you don't have the knowledge to discuss it then steer clear of it, or inform yourself and stand by what is correct, don't just get upset because you feel uncomfortable with the topic. Yes, you get people coming with the wrong intentions in debating, deal with it in the way Islam requires you deal with it, advise them to what is better, you could simply ignore it and the don't fuel the debate by posting in it, or even about it, and it would soon die off. I don't mind discussions and debates as long as the correct adab is applied and the topic is appropriate to be discussed by the likes of the levels of knowledge you get on the forum, if these conditions are in place, then no problem.

See the bold bit ukhti, we are averse to debate that isn't fulfilling those conditions just as you are. May be you didn't go through the evolution threads.

There is a debate going on "deobands" and it's one of my favourite threads. There is a debate on using stem cells, it's my all time fav. threads. The evolution thread was one I took part in, it's related to my major, I was more than happy to gain something there. However for me, there is a difference between a debate and an insult contest. As far as I've seen TTI is open to debates but not insults. If this part is changed then yes, you are right, and will take it all back and apologise.

I personally don't think this thread was necessary, with all due respect to Seeking Allah's Mercy. If you feel the atmosphere is not to your liking then be the change you want to see by increasing the number of useful posts you make, this was my advice recently to some members and it's my advice to you now,

TTI is only what the members make it and if moderators come along closing 99% of the threads then what is the point of such a forum? We're all grown ups here but sometimes we're all way too sensitive and intolerant and generally take things said by anonymous people in the world way too seriously. Islam is supposed to be embodied in our characters and if we can't engage in a discussion without falling to pieces, then that is simply pathetic.
Your advice is beautiful ukhti and it was taken. I felt it was necessary to do something other than just make some good threads and I did what I thought was right. I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one who thinks what I've done isn't out of place.

General note: If anything is brought to my direct attention I tend to deal with it before I sign out again, or I make sure I come back on the same day and deal with it.
Of course you do, I can vouch for that:). But ukht, you guys are busy. When I said you are not the same as the duo I mentioned its not to offend you. What I mean to say is, they gave a lot of time to this job. There was the usual banning/deleting and locking, but there was pariticipation from them, advices, posts, warnings, VMs and PMs (helping people out). I don't know but I had mods talk to me about how I write, how I addressed people, my threads everything. I liked it. It showed their concern. I'm not trying to burden you ukhti, but they were good at what they did.

You three are not able to do that because you are busy and well, either too soft or too strict.

MuslimShadow

Assalamo alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu...

This is just for the O.P, others can ignore...

Aap ne bilkul theek kaha :).Mujhe 1 saal ke andar hi itna difference nazar a raha hai.Shayad isleye TTI frequently use nahi kar rahi hoon.Par mujhe khushi hai ke aap jaise members exist karte hai jinke liye TTI ek Family ki tarah hai.

Aap TTI ko pehle ki tarah banana chahti hain to aapka fikr karna jayaz hai.Aaj kal to bahot drama(lol) chal raha hai.Hai na?:p

Mere khayal se har forum ke bure din chalte hai...aaj kal TTI ke chal rahe hai..

For everyone..

let's just try to take the necessary steps to bring harmony back on the forum.Let's all be quiet for sometime.:)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalamo alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu...

This is just for the O.P, others can ignore...

Aap ne bilkul theek kaha :).Mujhe 1 saal ke andar hi itna difference nazar a raha hai.Shayad isleye TTI frequently use nahi kar rahi hoon.Par mujhe khushi hai ke aap jaise members exist karte hai jinke liye TTI ek Family ki tarah hai.

Aap TTI ko pehle ki tarah banana chahti hain to aapka fikr karna jayaz hai.Aaj kal to bahot drama(lol) chal raha hai.Hai na?:p

Mere khayal se har forum ke bure din chalte hai...aaj kal TTI ke chal rahe hai..

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

Jazaakillahu khayraa ukhti, your post made me smile. Your urdu is real sweet*Smile*.

but it's not really allowed.

Let's all be quiet for sometime.:)
Nice.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

I have to admit, that now I'm feeling really guilty that I must have said something wrong in a post somewhere to sort of pile up on the "catalyst" like sis Shahnazz said. Though my only intention was just to somehow somehow stop him from making a hasty decision and leave Islam.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
Ukhti if that were the case, we all would have been catalysts at some point. It was as if nothing was good enough and everything that was said just seemed to be the wrong thing despite how Islamically right it was. Don't be too hard on yourself :).

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma

I have to admit, that now I'm feeling really guilty that I must have said something wrong in a post somewhere to sort of pile up on the "catalyst" like sis Shahnazz said. Though my only intention was just to somehow somehow stop him from making a hasty decision and leave Islam.

Walaikumassalaam sister.

If you are feeling guilty for being the catalyst. I think I should have been burning in fire due to guilt. Because I was the one initiated the reaction. :D LOL.! But, in the end my sister, Its his CHOICE sister. Most of us are bullied, ridiculed every other day, do we choose to leave our imaan? No right. [I am not saying we ridiculed/bullied him, just giving an example].

Even I felt guilty for starting the thread, but then Allah(SWT)'s words just warm your heart. Don't they? :)

Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah . Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured.[Surah Ar-Ra'ad:28]

Allah would not leave the believers in that [state] you are in [presently] until He separates the evil from the good. Nor would Allah reveal to you the unseen. But [instead], Allah chooses of His messengers whom He wills, so believe in Allah and His messengers. And if you believe and fear Him, then for you is a great reward.. [Surah Al-Imran:179]

..And Allah is the best of planners.. [Surah Al-Imran:51]

I don't know whether he left Islam or not. But still, pray Allah(SWT) guides him and everyone of us to get closer to HIM.

Peace.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Walaikumassalaam sister.

If you are feeling guilty for being the catalyst. I think I should have been burning in fire due to guilt. Because I was the one initiated the reaction. :D LOL.! But, in the end my sister, Its his CHOICE sister. Most of us are bullied, ridiculed every other day, do we choose to leave our imaan? No right. [I am not saying we ridiculed/bullied him, just giving an example].

Even I felt guilty for starting the thread, but then Allah(SWT)'s words just warm your heart. Don't they? :)

Those who have believed and whose hearts are assured by the remembrance of Allah . Unquestionably, by the remembrance of Allah hearts are assured.[Surah Ar-Ra'ad:28]

Allah would not leave the believers in that [state] you are in [presently] until He separates the evil from the good. Nor would Allah reveal to you the unseen. But [instead], Allah chooses of His messengers whom He wills, so believe in Allah and His messengers. And if you believe and fear Him, then for you is a great reward.. [Surah Al-Imran:179]

..And Allah is the best of planners.. [Surah Al-Imran:51]

I don't know whether he left Islam or not. But still, pray Allah(SWT) guides him and everyone of us to get closer to HIM.

Peace.

aslam o alaikum wr wb

so is it true that he actually left islam? just cause of evolution SubhanAllah, i feel really bad about that

a_stranger

Assalamu alaikim

That was a lesson for us , we should never argue new members , we should not distroy their houses , first let us built a palace of Eman which full hearts with sincerity, love of Allah, loveof people, hope , satisfaction, gratitude, humility, taqwa, forgiveness...............then when the palace is completed , and the sweatness of faith contains the heart ..he will never look beyond . And Allah knows best.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Assalamu alaikim

That was a lesson for us , we should never argue new members , we should not distroy their houses , first let us built a palace of Eman which full hearts with sincerity, love of Allah, loveof people, hope , satisfaction, gratitude, humility, taqwa, forgiveness...............then when the palace is completed , and the sweatness of faith contains the heart ..he will never look beyond . And Allah knows best.
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh Sisters,

Firstly ukht, if I've judged him right, he's not leaving Islam that easily. Regardless, it's not for us to burn our hearts with. If at all concerned we should pray for him, me (just getting my commission, you know) and us all that Allah continues to guide us and keep us firm on our deen till our very last breath.

I was thinking I'll write about it, but the "heat" here advised me against it. Since things are calmer and sweet, I suppose it won't really hurt.

1)We Muslims, as an Ummah, have this weird sickness of being "reactionaries" instead of "Pro actionaries". I find this to be true for myself and almost everyone else, in almost everything.

You can take scotty's example. We saw in his threads,

a) He was sensitive. That much was visible from his abrupt reaction to sister asja's post when she kindly asked him to remove his photo.

b) Hardcore culturist, he expressed his love for his culture more than once.

c) Beaten well by judgements of Muslims around him.

d) Took science serious to an extreme. when I say to an extreme, I mean he almost took it as a god. Not as in worshipping science, but his unflinching tawwakul on it and his frequent eruptions of anger anytime he thought science was looked down upon.

e) His almost no understanding of Islam. That could be seen from his reaction to Sister ShahnazZ's brilliant's post on tests and trails. His hurtful comments about the Ummah and the Slanders against the Prophet:saw:, and his reluctance is answering the question of if or if not is the Qur'an the final word, which will never change or about the miracles of the Prophet:saw:

f) His taking Islam as a religion, not a deen.

I took that he'll have to learn all this without him feeling like we are a)judging him, b)looking down on him c) treating him like the odd one out and d) teaching him. As far as I could see none of us took any of these things into consideration before posting a reply to him, with the exception of, I'll say two or three members. He was naturally designed to think we are at odds with him simply because he was a revert and an English caucasian guy.
Our (The ummah as a whole, no just TTians) actions usually add to such disasters. He said he was told that unless he had a beard, he was no Muslim. Try placing yourself in such a revert's shoes. How would we take if we (having absolutely "teeeensy" understanding of Islam) are told to get a niqab or hijab on. Look at some of our hot favorite sisters here at TTI, there are non hijaabis, try pushing one on them, some are married to Non Muslims, try pointing them directly without any regards. I expect them getting all messed up too. And rightfully so.

A sincere, genuin advice is one thing, and a "it's pay back time, kid" response is another. Also, it depends on the person level of understanding and Imaan. What you tell me in public might work well with others in private. What you tell others directly will work on me only if said indirectly, so that I don't feel targetted or judged.

What I'm saying is, we should know our audience, and place ourselves in their shoes, and heads, and hearts and reply accordingly. I believe ignoring his "inflammatory" posts was the best policy. Replying to it was wrong. Reporting would have been better. He didn't knew he had to say an absolute "yes" when asked if he took the Qur'an as the final word, and people here were worried about teaching him respect for the scholars. better could have been just reporting the posts, and posting more posts and threads on our scholars with prayers that Allah guides him through these and that your service to Allah and him be accepted.
What would someone in his position know about our scholars anyway. How much they study, what qualifications (study wise and character wise) they must have, what they go through, what they teach etc etc. It would unjust to expect that from me. Even we are dunderheaded dundees sometimes, when it comes to being in awe and admiration of these people of knowledge. We just talk about those who have large crowds and popularity. How about those seas of knowledge who are not on TV. Don't you think some of us have no regards for them as they deserve? I know it's because we don't know them. True. Same here, scotty don't know the scholars we know.

Everyone was going crazy on the evolution thread, and tried making amends when he shouted he wasn't a Muslim anymore. Then again followed the maddness, and once againt regrets. It is for me first and foremost, we should think before we post/speak, so that we don't regret later. Not to mention, we shouldn't be like the Yahud, who indulge in the same mistake when the trail is over.

2) This one is for me actually. Advice once, if taken, cool. If not, don't argue or debate. I still regret having debated Br. tic_tac_toe even if I feel I were right. I seek his and Allah's forgiveness for whatever wrong I did.

3) Ignore the fools, I've seen we give them a bit too much intention. Recently some angry people were coming around, the best reply to them would have been silence as if no one read or saw their ridiculous posts. They would have bored out of it. Unfortunately people replied i.e gave them attention. That is all they wanted.

4) Whenever two are in a row and one is advised/requested to give up. He takes it personally. He believes it's his weakening and the other should have been told so. It's not like that. The one advised or requested is the one whom people see more khayr in.

It takes a lot of strength to not reply/argue back. So someone sees that you have it what it takes, to take the advice. If you are told to quit it for the sake of Allah. Congratulations! You are considered best of them all. Say Alhumdulillah. Ask Allah's forgiveness and leave for His sake. This is what my mother used to tell us when we used to say tell him/her to quit. She would say I ask you because I see khayr in you. Him/Her I don't think I can advise right now and be responded too. This again, is for me first and foremost.

5) Avoid slandering, backbiting and suspicions. What a member is or is not is not our business. If it is a troll/a non Muslim/ an ex-member/ a member with another account (for seeking Allah's mercy to remember), it's not for us to start taking him as something other than what he/she says he is. We should treat him/her accordingly and keep our hearts and minds pure. For each and everyone of our reply, our intentions must always be for the sake of Allah. We may know that we are being fooled. We may be absolutely sure of it, but without evidence we shouldn't talk or blame openly on boards. Talk to a mod, if at all. In case the person is fooling us, he thinks he's fooling us. It could be that we are just trying to overlook his tricks. He's only fooling himself, since Allah is the witness to all of His actions, and the member here is gaining much reward Inshaa`Allah. It a win-win for the member, and total loss for the fooler.
Of course, it doesn't mean we don't use our intelligence. Caution is advisable. We should just try our best to create no fitnah/ or take part in one, till we have evidence of what we suspect.

6) A revert or a person who starts practising Islam newly, usually is never told about does and don't except very lil. It's better to avoid too much of "dos and don't" of Islam right from the beginning. This puts them away feeling they can never do anything that is accepted as "right" by us, Muslims.

7) Make duas, duas and more duas.

8) DONOT show too much of your sadness if someone says he's left Islam. Let Allah witness your sadness and regret to Him in private. This could be used against us. There are many who may just start saying they became Muslims, then simply because we think a toad is ugly "That's it! I'm no muslim anymore" just to have fun, depress the Muslims and troll around. Some may start using this as a threat to have their ways or prevent us from saying the truth.
May Allah protect us from such tricksters.

Lastly, I'm not taking sides here. I'm only stating my observation and lessons I've learned from the "storm" that Inshaa`Allah is gone.

That it, that's my essay.

Jazaakum Allahu khyraa and apologies if anything ^ felt like a personal attack, it meant for all us to think about and learn from. Me first and foremost. It's not for a person or a particular post.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

JazaakiAllahu khairan sister.

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

I’m talking about Br. Al-Kashmiri and Abu Baseer. If they were able to knock some sense into me, I’m sure they can do better with “our new trouble” these days. Write a small letter. Post it here. Members can sign it by posting their approval. You can then PM both of them Inshaa`Allah. Who knows they may actually turn up to help, with "thread close" under their usernames.

JazaakumAllahu khayraa.

Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh.

wa alaykkum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Two days before I wanted to appeal the recently active 'old' members of the forum. But, you sister, beat me to it. barak Allahu feeki.

I haven't read much of what's been posted above. But if the thread still discusses on the main topic, then may I kindly suggest those members who are mentioned here to kindly spam the forum. I mean, TTI is very rich on beneficial articles. So my idea is that, whenever you see disturbing or not-so-beneficial threads occupy your 'NEW POSTS' window, just visit the older threads and give it a bump.

That way, when the next member comes, the first thing they will see on the new posts will be these articles. And if we continue to do this, in sha Allah we can turn away the attention that the useless threads get. Continued effort will, in sha Allah, be beneficial.

As for the bolded part, I still remember Al-Kashmiri bro putting it under his user name. may Allah reward him with good. If he frequents, in sha Allah, we will have only half as much to worry.

We, as a family, went through it before. Few years before it was so depressing for me, that I made a thread before going out to sea. Because when I am alone, TTI is like a safe haven. And it is still the same. In sha Allah the good should follow up the bad phase.

Last thing I would like to say, for few, this has become a debating ground/ a play field. For the rest, who still remember tti from its olden days, it is still the soothing place where you would turn to. In sha Allah lets make it a better place for the new comers and the sincere ones.

Barak Allau feekum.

Jazakum Allahu khyir sis Seeking Allah's Mercy for starting this thread.

[EDIT:- Removed some contents. Jazakum Allahu khyir sister Seeking for reminding me. may Allah bless you]
wassalaamu alaykkum wa rahmatullah.

AyeshaPS

A Mu'minah Wannabe!
Assalam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakaatuhu sis!
:jazaak: I salute you for your effort, MashaAllah! May Allah SWT reward you! I will InshaAllah follow every bit of what you said!