Say, Bring forth thy evidence

almond

If I told you that at the very depth of the Pacific Ocean there is a submerged city of mermaids… will you believe me? You will ask me to prove it… right? If I told you so, then this does not mean that it has to be the truth, does it?

Okay, now suppose that you were born in a nation, where everyone believes that their ancestors go to that city deep under the ocean as soon as they die, and live there for ever… will you believe them? You will! You will not even bother to ask anyone to prove it… will you? You will take it for granted just because it is the faith of your fathers and their fathers before them… and you may even fight for that faith when it is time.

Okay, my question is a question of reason here. I ask you, my kind reader, whatever your faith is, can you prove it?? If you cannot prove it, then how can you be so certain that it is the truth? Because you think that so many people cannot possibly agree to a false belief? But is it not a fact that another group of people, bigger or smaller than yours, thinks the exact same way about their own faith, which happens to be the exact opposite of your own faith? To them, they are true, and you are false, and to you, they are false and you are right. Can you come to claim then, that the question of whether or not there is a city for the dead beneath the Pacific, is one that does not have a definite answer, one answer that is the truth? If you have the tools and the means, perhaps it could only take you a deep dive down there to come up with the evidence you need. It is then that an entire nation will have to give up of its system of belief and turn to the opposite system… why? Because they found out with definite evidence that the faith of their people, of their fathers and their fathers before them, was indeed false! This is a question of truth and fallacy then. Evidence is the only reasonable path for a man to make out truth from fallacy.. otherwise he would hold belief and faith in whatever myth or legend he sees fit, even though it is indeed false!
Now this is the question that has to come next..

If you believe that the Lord of the universe, the maker of all existence, the one to which it all ends, is a statue of stone… your fathers and their fathers before them have honored that statue ever so much that they believe all good to only come from it, and from it alone… is this indeed the truth? What about those who worship cows and those who worship trees? What about those who believe that there are three gods? Those who believe that there are ten gods, twelve or even a thousand gods, one for every feature of lordship in the universe? can all those faiths be true at the same time?

Who is it out there that created this universe? and what does He want? This question has tens, actually thousands of diverse answers… not two of them are alike! So what is the truth? This tribe of Africans or Amazonians jumping around a totem idol praising it, dancing so that it would give them rain and prosperity… are they true in their cause? If you wish to be salvaged after death, and to be safe from the evils of this world and whatever world that will come afterward, should you praise Krishna? Or should you give offerings to Ahora Mazda? Or should you pray to Jesus the son of the father in heaven?? Because you certainly cannot claim that all those deities are one and the same!

Every one of those nations has to hold a sound evidence that they are right, and that indeed, the story of creation is the one that they tell, not any other, the story of death and whatever that will be afterwards is the one they tell not any other, and that the Lord of all creation, the sole maker of all existence, is indeed the one they believe Him to be, and this is the religion He accepts! If none of them has any such evidence, then they are none but a lost cattle of herds, following whatever myth that one of them once came to invent!

Those many volumes of scripture in the hands of Buddhists in the far east, who wrote them? Where did he get them from? How can he prove that it is indeed the will of the Lord that people worship him in this particular way, and that all those stories narrated in those books are indeed His words?

If I am yet to make a wise choice of what faith to hold, and of how to get acquainted with the one Lord of all existence, and to verify that my faith is indeed the truth, not another manmade myth of old.. is it not the sound of reason that I should ask every preacher of a religion or a faith to offer me evidence for the validity of his books, his teachings, his rituals and his faith? Or should I just go on following my fathers the very same way they followed their own fathers before them, inheriting beliefs that are indeed everything but the truth? Why did so many philosophers burn off their entire lifetimes in constant search for the “answers”? what answers? If it were indeed satisfactory and sufficient for every one of them to just make up a theory or a proposition of his own about the deity, the meaning of life, the purpose of death, and all other first order questions, then why is it that they never gave up searching? Are we made into this world to keep searching for the very reason why we are made to exist in it???

If I cannot prove my faith to be the truth, then I may either be an ignorant, or it is indeed not the truth!

Now if I told you about that city underneath the ocean, you can easily send down an investigation submarine and prove me to either be false or true. And when that happens, I can no longer afford but to accept the truth!

Now, the problem with religion is that it deals with an entity – many entities and facts indeed - that cannot be tested or observed by our means of perception, or whatever tools that we may ever come to posses. We cannot even imagine the ending of the universe, not even in terms of mathematics, so how can we come to claim that one day we will just take a ride across the universe and see for ourselves the true identity of the true deity?? How can anyone come to tell us that he saw what happens to the dead and to their souls with his own two eyes, unless he himself comes back from the dead to tell it??! How can he tell us that he saw with his own eyes what happened on the event of creation at the beginning of time, unless he was there himself to witness? This is the point.. no human can ever claim to have a material access of perception to such issues…

But can we claim that this fact leaves such huge and fundamental questions to the entire human existence, without solid answers and solid means of reason for proof and validation? In other words, did the creator leave us blocked in this world, with those limited ever so limited tools and powers, to come up with whatever story we see fit, and call it the truth about Him, His works, His demands of mankind, and the reason why He made us? If we all come here only to live for a limited span of life, go through all this that we go through, and eventually meet with the inevitable fate of every man; death… then what fact of knowledge could ever be more important for any man to obtain and to verify, than the answer to the basic question: WHY?

What knowledge could be more valuable than an evident, verifiable knowledge from the creator Himself, telling mankind what they were made for, what they are here to do, and what will be of them when it is time for them to leave? How can we even begin to imagine that He accepts whatever system of faith you worship Him by, no matter how true or false the knowledge it tells about Him is?

Here are the words of an atheist or a (humanist) about his “choice” of religion. He was arguing with a Moslem who was trying to tell him to accept Islam as the true religion. This is what the man told him in reply:

“Continue to worship the god that you think is the "right" one in accordance with your book that tells you how to do it. In the meantime, I will worship in my own way the god that you worship, the god the Christians worship, the gods the Jews worship, the gods the Hindus worship, the state of existence the Buddhists are trying to get to and the gods the Pagans worship. Because I believe that they are all one and the same. I believe that all of the spiritual people around the world are all trying to tap into the same source. I believe that ALL of the spiritual people in the world are "right". Not TRULY right, because our human minds can not comprehend the wonder of (for lack of a better word) "God". That means the Buddhists aren't ALL right, the Muslims aren't ALL right, the Christians aren't ALL right and I'm not ALL right in the quest to be a pleasure to the heart and mind of this "God". But those of us from any faith who are sincere in our quest ARE ALL on the right track. In this life we will likely fail. But if our intents are sincere then in the next life we will be in a better position to succeed.”

He believes they are all one and the same… all gods of all human nations are all one and the same… He believes that all the “spiritual” people in the world are right!! He thinks that those of us, the humans, who are sincere in their quest of faith and worship, whatever it is, will all be in better poisons in the next life!

This is what he believes… then I will easily ask this man to give evidence for the validity of this faith. PROVE IT!!

How can you prove that indeed the Lord of all existence is okay with people worshipping a rock, others worshipping a tree, others worshipping a trinity, others a council of humanlike gods of all kinds and sorts, all believing whatever they wish to believe therein?? In fact, there are faiths that do not even believe in a “next life” to begin with!! So what will be of those people after their death?! Can it both be true, the proposition that there is an after life, and the proposition that there is not??? What man in his right mind accepts such a claim??

This is indeed a question of eternal fate… every man is in danger of going through a fate he does not even know, coming to him after his death, and he does not even bother to verify his knowledge about it!!! They told him that the Lord who made them, the creator of all existence is a tree, so he took it for granted and joined them in worship for the tree! Never did he question his faith! He never found himself motivated to begin with. And when he met with a man who told him that no way the Lord of mankind could be a “tree”… and that the world is full of other trees!! He told him that he was telling lies! When he argued that the tree cannot defend itself if it was attacked, he insisted that it could! Even when the man came with an axe and cut off the tree before the believers eyes, and it just fell down to the ground as helpless as any other tree… the man still refused to accept the truth nonetheless! That faith is absolutely corrupt, in terms of reason it can only be false… but still a tribe, maybe even an entire nation would refuse to let go of it, and would fight for their fallacies to the grave!! Yes they will praise their wooden god, build shrines and invent rituals for its sake, make sacrifices of all kinds and forms to it, but still the fact will always remain that it is indeed nothing but a trunk of wood!!

What will be of that man when he dies? Will he find that tree waiting for him in the afterlife, to reward him for his submission and sincere faith, and his great spiritual kindness? Or will he find himself shocked with the truth he refused and fought ever so fiercely to deny??

This is the fatal question every man has to pose to himself before it is too late!! Before he sees the truth with his own two eyes!

Am I indeed worshipping the right god? Is Krishna going to reward me for everything I have done to him? Will I go to heaven after death or will I be reborn as a cat or a dog?? Is my creator the one they really tell me he is? Am I really going to go through those things that my books tell after my death? How can I prove that my books are the true books, rather than those of another faith? If I cannot find that evidence, then what am I here for? What I supposed to do?? Why will I have to die? And where am I going to?

Mankind needs to be saved… yes indeed it does.. the truth will set them free. But are they willing to accept it, when they are given it with clear evidence and sound proof?

We can easily prove to a man who worships a stone or a rock or a tree or whatever else that is a creature in this universe that his faith is false. He can see with his own two eyes that it is as helpless as any other creature. No creature can create itself and the rest of existence.. including far more superior creatures in power than itself!!

Now the question is, can those who believe in a particular deity up in heaven, offer evidence, sound evidence for the validity of that deity, whatever they believe it to be, as opposed to other faiths?

Let’s see…

If for example you believe there is a huge dragon up in heaven holding the earth in its mouth… can you prove to us, the rest of mankind, that this entity is indeed true and that whatever it assigns man to do should be obeyed? Or will you just keep following suit like your fathers before you, choosing to mute all questions that ever ring deep down in your heart without a single plausible answer in your faith? You will have to resort to the books that you have inherited from the fathers before you. Those are the source of your faith, are they not?

So the question will be, can you prove that whatever that is in those books is indeed the truth? If you can prove to me that those books were indeed sent down to mankind from that heavenly deity itself, one way or another, then you are holding a credible system of faith. If you can prove one way or another that this is the real Lord, then I will follow you, if anything, then I will do so because I have to know the truth, and know with certainty that it is indeed the truth! But can you prove it?

It is dead wrong to just claim that all humanity is worshipping the same god, because they are clearly not. It is false to claim that whatever they believe their fate after death will be, will be so for them! It is false to claim that they are all on the right path! So prove to us that your books are valid.. and we will follow..

If on the other hand, your reference books are so full of mistakes, contradictions, and reasonably impossible propositions, then those books do not qualify.

Allah says in Koran:
“And they say: none shall enter paradise unless he were a Jew or a Christian. Those are their (vain) desires. Say; bring forth thy evidence if thou were telling the truth!”
(Bakara; 111)

Yes… bring it forth if you can… prove to me that your book is the true word of the sole creator of all existence, and I will follow right away. This is a matter of fate in eternity… a matter of the meaning of life!
Jews and Christians were indeed given a book and they messed it up. I can give proof from their own books to the fact that they are messed up. They cannot even prove that those books they hold today were indeed the real Torah of Moses and the real Bible of Jesus! There is one of only two ways to trust a word that you get about anything… to be able to validate and examine the validity of the word with your own senses… or to trust that your source is truthful and is not telling a lie. The fact that so many people believe the word to be true, does not qualify for a proof of validity as we have demonstrated earlier. So there has to be a sound process of historical narration and passing on of knowledge that validates the honesty and credibility of the narrators and the sources, or else, anyone could alter or manipulate whatever way he wishes for whatever purpose he wishes! So as far as historiography is concerned, Christians cannot even prove that those indeed are the words of the people to whom they are related. Much less can any followers of any other faith.
On the other hand I can give a lot of evidence from the Koran and the words of well examined and validated narrators in the history of the Moslem nation, that it is indeed telling the truth, and that it is today the way it was fourteen centuries ago. I can also demonstrate some of the many miracles of knowledge it has proven to include.

Thus, I hereby bear witness that Koran is the one book that is perfectly and truly the book from Allah, the creator of all existence, and that it holds indeed the true assignment to all mankind, for which all humans from the time of Muhammad to the end of time are to be judged after death.

I will follow up on this article with some of those evidences I claim to hold, and according to which I stand on solid grounds of certainty, even though I trust that my reader may have already come across some of them in the past…

So I need to have my reader’s word first, true word, that he is up to accepting the truth whatever it turns out to be, no matter who turns out to hold it… otherwise, we will only be wasting time...!!

May Allah guide us all to the true meaning of life, and the true purpose of our being.

Written by a humble Moslem

Inshallah

Nice exhaustive article.

I totally agree that "you don't have to adopt the same faith as your parents / society / nation". Everyone should be able to ask questions & determine the faith best for them. I left christianity by asking questions & finding more information.... which led me to believe Islam is the true path.

One key element was the assertion that the bible was corrupted or changed. I read a few books, like MISQUOTING JESUS and a few others on the topic. THEY PLAINLY POINT OUT THE ERRORS IN TODAY'S BIBLES. Why would you continue to embrace a flawed theology? Just because everyone else believes that way? Or your family / friends, etc. do?

Another interesting event is the COUNCIL OF NICEA. GOOGLE it..... emperor Constantine has a "meeting" among the religious leaders to "vote" whether Jesus is the son of God. That important fact, & which books were to be included in the bible..... was "decided" in a meeting. The Quran corrects the errors that are taken as fact in today's bible.

OTOH, people should be free to choose any religion that they deem appropriate..... whether Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. Once you see the truth in Islam, it's hard to see the validity in the other choices, however.