Say what u feel it..

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
I disagree, as Muslims we should be very careful with our speech. If we say what we feel we can fall into gheebah and all sorts. I understand the picture is jokey, but to me it's in clear contradiction to the ahaadeeth of the Messenger, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam. So we should be afraid of Allaah with regards to our speech. We should fear being guilty of saying something in which we are eating our brothers/sisters flesh (gheebah), or anything else harmful. Alaah said in His Book,

“Not a word does one utter, except that there is an (angel) Watching, Ready to record it.”[Surah Qaaf 50:18]​

‘Abdullaah Ibn ‘Amr Ibn Al-‘Aas, radiy-Allaahu `anhu, narrated that the Prophet, sal-Allaahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said:
“Whoever remains silent is saved.”[Saheeh - At-Tirmidhee]​

Abu Hurairah, radiy-Allaahu `anhu, reported that he heard the Prophet sal-Allaahu ‘alayhi wasallam, say:
"Indeed, the servant (of Allaah) will speak a word, while being unaware of (its consequences), and due to it, he will be cast into the Hellfire, farther than the distance between the east and the west."[Saheeh Al-Bukhaaree]

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
Thanks for the reminder, in arabic there is a saying that more or less says, "I never regreted over something which I didn't say but I have regreted over things which I have said", in other words, silence is golden. The pic was cute however.

“Not a word does one utter, except that there is an (angel) Watching, Ready to record it.”[Surah Qaaf 50:18]​
“Whoever remains silent is saved.”[Saheeh - At-Tirmidhee]​

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
There's the famous proverb,

الكلام من فضة ، ولكن السكوت من ذهب
"Speech is silver, but silence is golden."​

flamingo1

haha that's funnieee
but as a parent i wound not want my child to say what she wants. Not to me, her teachers or her elders.

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
I think people are misunderstanding the message of the image. It's not about encouraging to say whatever that comes to your mind, instead encouraging to speak out against anything your think is wrong no matter how powerful the authority is. That is why in the picture you see a little puppy standing up to a grown dog.

:wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Yeah that is partly the connotation of the picture as I understood, but I overlooked it when talking about the woes of advice in the post. Best is the advice of the messenger, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam for it is moderate which is to speak that which is good or remain silent. Come to think of it we do not speak out against the rulers do we? If we have a problem we deal with it correctly, without belittling someones authority.

xohanifaxo

one in a billion!!
I think people are misunderstanding the message of the image. It's not about encouraging to say whatever that comes to your mind, instead encouraging to speak out against anything your think is wrong no matter how powerful the authority is. That is why in the picture you see a little puppy standing up to a grown dog.

i agreee :)
but the problem is that u can't stand up against ur parents...they will disagree with wht u have to say..and most of the times in the end u do lose:(