Scared

Believer1985

Salam dear brothers and sisters,

I want to start this topic by being straightforward and honest with you all.
I never really used to wear hijab when I went out, but I never felt good about that. I wished I could have the courage to do that. Living in a Western country can be quite challenging for fear of being attacked.

Well, today I proudly walkede into work with my hijab and I felt so good! Nobody said anything to me and colleagues were actually supportive! I am doing this for Allah's pleasure and I know He will protect me.

I plan on wearing my hijab permanently from now on inshallah.

Also, to be honest, a friend of mine passed away last week and I have constantly been thinking about it. It's made me think of death, what happens to us and the hereafter. I was thinking of the questioning in the grave and what will happen to our souls. It's still a bit of a raw topic so I don;t want to get into it too deeply, but it scares me when I think of how many sins we have committed in our lives and what the punishment will be.
What can we do to cleanse our souls and become good Muslims? I ask Allah for forgiveness all the time. Apart from wearing hijab and praying salah 5 times a day what can we do to try and reach paradise and suffer no punishments from Allah swt?

I think about all this and it terrifies me. I don't want to suffer any punishments in the grave or be sent to hell. so what can we do to please Allah swt so that He won't punish us and be pleased with us?

Salam

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Salam dear brothers and sisters,
so what can we do to please Allah swt so that He won't punish us and be pleased with us?

Salam
does nobody have any advice...or anything to say...?

Wa 'alaykum salaam,

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oun.

Sister, the question you ask is quite broad. There are an indefinite amount of things one can do to attain Allah's pleasure, and an equal amount that should be avoided. That of course is your responsibility to research and implement in your life. In order to transform your life, you need to know yourself, know your strengths and advance those, and know your weakness and which gaps to fill. But more importantly, at the heart of change lies the idea of connection. A connection to life, in all its diversity, a connection to your own body, knowing your physical capabilities, a connection to the community, of learning from others and most importantly, a connection to your own purpose, of discovering the fulfilling moments in your life and ibadaat. And through this positive cycle, hold yourself to a higher standard of ethics and character and make these changes and revivals the basis of every other act that you perform.

a_stranger

Dear sister Congragulation for wearing higab this is a very good step.......my advice , try to concentrate in your prayers when we say Allah Akber we should try to feel how little are we compared to our creator who created everything around us including our poor selves...when we say AlhamduliAllah rab alaalameen let us remmeber the uncountable gifts Allah Subhanahu wa taala gave us and we are enjoying ......when we say Alrahman alraheem these worlds should remind us of the wide mercy were are dwelling within ........and so on let every word in your prayers fix something within............
Prayers is like a spiritual station which gives fuel for more good deeds ...more Eman.......Then try to clean your heart by love of Allah subhanahu wa taala..,forgive, smile , be patient.....help others, have taqwa.....close your eyes when you see haram.
Please pray for me and my family ...