Searching for Hadith

danyal.ahmed

:salam2: Danyal Ahmed here i need help that a Christian Guy asked me About the Prophet Mohammad S.A.W MARRIAGE with BiBi Khadija razi allah ta'lla anha and about the Nikah ?? so somebody can help me

Marriage to Khadija (may allah be pleased with her)

She was the first of his wives. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) married her when he was twenty-five years old, and he did not take another wife until after she died. All his children were born from her, except Ibraaheem.

Al-Bukhaari entitled a chapter in his Saheeh: “The marriage of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to Khadeejah (may Allaah be pleased with her), and her virtues,” in which he narrated a hadeeth from ‘Aa’ishah who said:

“I never felt jealous of any of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as I did of Khadeejah, although she died before he married me, because of what I heard him say about her.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3815.

The reports of the seerah (Prophet’s biography) indicate that Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid (may Allaah be pleased with her) was a determined and intelligent woman, and she was also rich and had several kinds of trade. The men of her people were keen to marry her. She did not engage directly in trade herself, rather she used to employ men to work on her behalf.

News reached Khadeejah of the honest and trustworthy Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him); she heard a great deal about his honesty and trustworthiness, so she wanted to hire him to work for her and do trade on her behalf. She sent someone to him with an offer of work, and he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) agreed to that.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out to do trade with the money of Khadeejah (may Allaah be pleased with her), and there was with him a slave of Khadeejah’s whose name was Maysarah. Maysarah saw the signs that happened to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) whilst travelling, and that amazed him, so he started to tell his mistress Khadeejah about everything that he had seen.

For example, when the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to the city of Busra in Syria, he stopped in the shade of a tree, and one of the monks said to Maysarah, “No one ever stops under the shade of this tree but a Prophet.” And Maysarah used to see two angels shading the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when the heat of the sun grew too intense.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came back from that journey, and he had made far more money in trading for Khadeejah than anyone else ever had before. Khadeejah was impressed with the personality of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and she wanted to marry him. So she sent her friend Nafeesah bint Maniyyah to tell the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about that. He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) agreed, and the marriage of Khadeejah (may Allaah be pleased with her) was arranged by her father Khuwaylid, according to the most sound reports, as mentioned by the scholars of seerah.