Secrets untold by Saddam Hussein now uncovered

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum,

I'm just excited for the book to be published. Insha Allaah this one will show everything the truth. Let's watch out for it.

======================================

By: Adam Robertson

According to many people, the execution of the former Iraqi leader killed any opportunity to know who aided him in all the crimes over which he faced trial.

Nearly two months after the hanging of the former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, after a show trial that convicted him and his aides for charges of war crimes, crimes against humanity, and genocide, the lawyer of the disposed Iraqi leader reveals that he plans publishing a 500-pages book that "could be out in a year", in which he will present many of the secrets his client wasn’t given the chance to uncover, including “many secrets" told to him by the executed President about the fall of Baghdad, his arrest and his imprisonment.

"The book will contain information never before revealed and many secrets about the fall of Baghdad. It will contain letters, poems and other texts handwritten by Saddam while the rest will be stories he revealed to me during more than 140 interviews in jail."

Many legal experts and analysts labeled the trial of the former Iraqi leader and his aides as unfair, unjustifiable and a political farce.

Many politicians and human rights organisations also said that Saddam, who was captured by U.S. occupation forces in December 2003, eight months after the fall of Baghdad in a hole on a farm near his hometown of Tikrit, shouldn’t have been treated as a war criminal.

"Many presidents have been involved in war crimes, such as the Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, and they haven't been arrested, charged or tried," Hassan Mattar, an Egyptian lawyer working in the United Arab Emirates was once quoted as saying.

He added that Saddam should not be treated as a war criminal since he was the country's legitimate president.

"The former Iraqi president had the constitutional power to protect his country's and people's interests by all means which he saw possible. According to international law, he shouldn't be treated as a war criminal because he wasn't carrying any weapons when he was arrested," he said.

Many experts agree with Mattar’s opinion, arguing that Saddam, whose trial was marred by many inconveniences, including the assassination of lawyers and judges involved in the trial, was prevented from uncovering secrets that would have implicated other leaders of Western countries who aided him in many of the crimes for which he faced trial, including the 1988 "Al Anfal" campaign, in which thousands of Kurds perished, and with which many experts expected the trial to begin, instead of Dujail, where only 148 died .

Iraqi authorities put Saddam and seven other former Iraqi officials on trial on October 2005. The tribunal charged the defendants with the killing of 148 Shias from the Iraqi village of Dujail, following a failed attempt to assassinate the former leader on 8 July 1982.

Saddam was indeed denied the right for a proper defence.

By the execution of Saddam, the trial for the larger-scale slaughter involving poison gas in 1988 disappeared from public view.

Logically speaking, the court should have tried Saddam over Al Anfal campaign before Dujail’s massacre, but such a discussion would have led to know how his development of dangerous weapons was enabled by Western powers, including the United States.

Reagan and Bush I administrations are widely believed to have facilitated Saddam Hussein Hussein’s massive and ambitious military industrialization effort.

Billions of dollars of financial aid and advanced technology flowed from the United States to Iraq, although Reagan and Bush I knew that Saddam was using this aid in researches linked to the production of banned weapons.

The book by Dulaimi, who met Saddam 140 times in jail, including 70 times alone, will reveal details about Saddam's participation in a battle with U.S. troops that took place at Baghdad airport as well as his relationship with his deputy Taha Yassin Ramadan, who was sentenced to death earlier this month over his alleged role in Dujail case.

Dulaimi said he "wrote down every single word he told me" about the fall of Baghdad, his life in jail and how he sees the future of Iraq.

"The president was taking part in the airport battle and Taha Yassin Ramadan did not want him to be caught in the crossfire," he added.

"There are secrets about the fall of Baghdad which no one knows about yet," said Dulaimi.

"He told me about the conditions surrounding his arrest.

"Most people believe that the American version of the arrest is the truth, particularly the story about the hole they said they found him hiding in.

"The story is somewhat different. This is one of the secrets that will be revealed in the book."

Source:
http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/review/article_full_story.asp?service_ID=12918

shmed

:salam2:

thats no suprise to me personaly. they (America and its allies) are known for fabricating and telling lies anyway.

the crux of the matter is Saddam was made an example of. simple as. and next i believe they will make an example of ahmedinajad(if this's the correct spelling)

wasalm.

:hijabi:

Paki Idol

Defender of Islam
:wasalam:
Well if those secrets are the truth.I pray that the book comes out fast without any "interruptions" and that we do not get to hear about author of this upcoming book being killed by unknown persons or rather killed in an "accident" or "accidentally".