Seeking advice: new revert considering returning to Christianity

rajab1407

asalamu alaykum & thank you everyone

Asalamu alaykum everyone, I am just overwhelmed by how much support & guidance all these posts have offered! I just woke up and to see all this advice is alhamdulillah wonderful. I really think having such a wide range of advice from Qur'anic guidance to more practical tips to beat loneliness is a blessing from Allah swt. I must try to be strong, and inshallah I hope to print out all these responses and bring them with me during this holiday break when I am home to fortify myself if I start to feel lonely again.
I don't want to say something untrue and say that all my doubts and worries have magically dissapeared but all this advice I think will go a long way in softening my heart. Reminding myself of Jannah and its price and also of how many other people out there may have faced the same thing and made it through and also of how much support I may have even just through dua and as a member of the ummah I think will go a long way in this battle with shaitan. I think rereading my post and reading these replies has made me realize how SERIOUS this is and That I need to not take my Islam lightly.

Inshallah I will take this time over winter break to reread the Qur'an, reflect on all these wonderful posts and try to reharge my imaan. I will also try to make some real, practical plans on how to increase my friendships with muslims and get in the company of good people like all of you on the board!! I may take you up on your pm offers, but maybe after a little while once I get out of this (hopefully temporary) darkness of the soul. I only ask that you make some dua in your heart for me, and I will also try to keep you all on this board collectively in my prayers. Oh Allah please bestow your mercy upon your slaves!

In any case, I wish I could respond individually to all of your thoughtful messages---And I THANK you for your time and your caring. And I wish for you all the blessings that Allah swt can bestow upon you and your family.
Wasalam alaykum,
Your sister in islam...

justme1983

Assalamu alaikum sis,

I'm not sure have much advice for you other than ignore ANYONE who makes fun of you because you are pleasing your Creator. On the day of judgement, we will all have to face Allah for our actions. Could you imagine having to face Him knowing that you left Islam?

I just want to say that I completely understand what you're going through. I'm a convert of not even one year and it's a very lonely world. I find it difficult to attend events and sometimes just to go to the masjid. It seems like people are SO interested to learn how you came to Islam and the *poof* after you tell them, they disappear. It's like "Oh, nice. A convert. Let's see WHO she converted for! What lucky man made this girl change her whole way of life?!" (Because of course, us girls can't make up our own minds and actually believe that Islam is the right path without some man's influence, right? UGH!!) Sorry for my negative attitude but I can really relate to your troubles. The only difference is that I really don't care how anyone else treats me, fellow Muslim or not, I know that Islam is the only way to go and no one can push me away from it.

I've gone to lectures and other events and sat alone. I've spent the Eid's alone. I went to the mosque a few nights during Ramadan only to sit there in between prayers alone while other people stared at me and spoke a different language. Ya know, when you stare at us, look at each other and speak something other than English, and then look at us some more......WE KNOW YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT US AND THAT'S NOT POLITE! I know that there is a hadtih that talks about how between 3 people, everyone should speak so that the other knows what's being said. I think that hadith should be posted on the walls of each masjid/Islamic Center, seriously.

Being a convert/revert can be very lonely. You don't have the support of your family and non-Muslim friends and you don't really have the support of your fellow brothers and sisters in Islam. Of course, others Muslims are excited to know that you've become a Muslim but where's the follow-up support? Where's the help? Why do we have to go online to get support and help when we have our own communities around us?

My advice to ALL Muslims is to adopt reverts, be their friend, take time to get to know them, invite them over or to do things together....especially during our holidays and especially during other holidays because it can be hard when you can't celebrate other holidays that you used to celebrate. You see your family and friends (non-Muslim) celebrating and it's not like you want to but at the same time, you do just because of that feeling of belonging and togetherness that you're not feeling from your fellow Muslims. This advice goes to both people who were raised as Muslims and people who came back to Islam from another religion because I have been put off by reverts as well. (I don't really agree with the term "born Muslims" because aren't we ALL born as Muslims?)

I'm sorry about my negative attitude and may Allah forgive me but it's very, very frustrating. Atleast I'm not ALONE in this struggle but that tells me that this isn't happening in just my community but others as well. I find it even more frustrating to know that another revert is going through this same thing. We need support!!! This advice, of course, goes to me first. And I don't have this negative attitude when I'm out in the masjid or at events...I do TRY to make friends and I really do WANT friends in my community...it's just very difficult.

So sis, you are not alone and stay strong. Know that what you are doing is the right thing and I think you would feel worse if you left Islam because you'd be doing something that you don't want to do and don't believe is right. If you need to talk, pm me anytime!! :hearts:

I pray that Allah guides all of us on the straight path. Forgive me if I offended anyone.

Islam!!yay

La Hawla Wala Qowta Illa Billah...

Brother...

Much of what is on TTI...*the authentic*...*credible*..and *correct*...

Is pretty much what EVERY OTHER ISLAMIC SITE...with *authentic*..*credible*..and *correct*..information will CLAIM...

Are you going to regret reading them all???

or

Are you going to regret learning about Islam *altogether*???

Stubbornness when seeking knowledge..is like a barrier which we may never climb or break-through...and keeps us in the small and dark corner of ignorance...

Being receptive..unbiased..practical..rational..and logic is the way to go when seeking Islamic knowledge...

We have to constantly examine these 5 matters...so we make sure we are accomplishing something out of our time reading books..browsing sites..and hearing or watching lectures...

For the record...Islam is never learned through watching others...even if they are parents..brothers..sisters..friends..etc.

Islam regards individuality and independence in the aspect of knowledge...it requires that we learn on our own through the authentic and sound means available..so we can hold all responsibility for whatever we act upon..and so we may never aim the blame towards anybody for misleading us...

I hope you sense the sincerity in my words...as I am just an older sister looking out for her younger brother :)

:wasalam:

Well thx sis but you see , you say their authentic while other websites say something totally different. Just dont get me wrong when I said I regret joning this site. This site has helped me and also displeased me.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Asalamu alaykum everyone, I am just overwhelmed by how much support & guidance all these posts have offered! I just woke up and to see all this advice is alhamdulillah wonderful. I really think having such a wide range of advice from Qur'anic guidance to more practical tips to beat loneliness is a blessing from Allah swt. I must try to be strong, and inshallah I hope to print out all these responses and bring them with me during this holiday break when I am home to fortify myself if I start to feel lonely again.
I don't want to say something untrue and say that all my doubts and worries have magically dissapeared but all this advice I think will go a long way in softening my heart. Reminding myself of Jannah and its price and also of how many other people out there may have faced the same thing and made it through and also of how much support I may have even just through dua and as a member of the ummah I think will go a long way in this battle with shaitan. I think rereading my post and reading these replies has made me realize how SERIOUS this is and That I need to not take my Islam lightly.

Inshallah I will take this time over winter break to reread the Qur'an, reflect on all these wonderful posts and try to reharge my imaan. I will also try to make some real, practical plans on how to increase my friendships with muslims and get in the company of good people like all of you on the board!! I may take you up on your pm offers, but maybe after a little while once I get out of this (hopefully temporary) darkness of the soul. I only ask that you make some dua in your heart for me, and I will also try to keep you all on this board collectively in my prayers. Oh Allah please bestow your mercy upon your slaves!

In any case, I wish I could respond individually to all of your thoughtful messages---And I THANK you for your time and your caring. And I wish for you all the blessings that Allah swt can bestow upon you and your family.
Wasalam alaykum,
Your sister in islam...
:) so so so happy to see a great +ve response from you sister :) we all are here as a family anytime you need help ;) we are here lol and dont worry im pretty sure everyone wud love to see a pm from u
will remember you in my prayer
:salam2:

safiya58

I thought I´m the onlyone who is in such situation

selam dear sister,

I´m a born muslim but the onlyone in my family who is practicisin Islam, when it is eid and one is going to mosqe to pray then it is me. and when I see how others come to the mesjid with their families I feel so lonely. Also at my work... I live in a not muslim country....... I can not join my colleague they like to hang up in clubs, I don´t... they drink Alkohol, I don´t... to flirt is regarded as normal but for me not... also my muslim friends are more liberal and don´t bother about Islam they think it is sufficiant to have a good heart....! Even when I met them in a cafe they have not the same interests like me and i don´t have the same interests like them... so u r not alone... I never thought of leaving this religion and I´m sure u r also not really thinking to do so... We know that we will not live forever and we know that we will met our Lord and if Allah wouln´t guide us to the straight path we would be lost.... Imagine there are so many people who are not muslims Allah is Al- Iman and didn´t give iman(=ticket to paradise) to all so let us beware this ticket well cuz it is precious. I know how hard it is for you but be patient.. this is all a test.... wish u all the best

Asalaam'alikum sister,

I think the brothers & sisters on this site gave you good advice. I just want to add that perhaps you should try to get married. It will resolve many things for you. Most masjids holds matrimonial services for those seeking marriage.

I also recommend you read this awesome book: Don't Be Sad

Remember Islam is a gift, not many people are blessed like you - so cherish it! I pray that Allah swt gives you patience and helps you overcome your trial.

Your brother in Islam,

TheHumbleWun

salahdin

Description of Paradise

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

by Imaam Ibn al-Qayyim, Rahimahullaah
Ibn al-Qayyim said, in regards to the description of the Paradise and the delights that it contains:

"And if you ask about its ground and its soil, then it is of musk and saffron.

And if you ask about its roof, then it is the Throne of the Most Merciful.

And if you ask about its rocks, then they are pearls and jewels.

And if you ask about its buildings, then they are made of bricks of gold and silver.

And if you ask about its trees, then it does not contain a single tree except that its trunk is made of gold and silver.

And if you ask about its fruits, then they are softer than butter and sweeter than honey.

And if you ask about its leaves, then they are softer than the softest cloth.

And if you ask about its rivers, then there are rivers of milk who's taste does not change, and rivers of wine that is delicious to those who drink it, and rivers of honey that is pure, and rivers of water that is fresh.

And if you ask about their food, then it is fruits from whatever they will choose, and the meat of whatever birds they desire.

And if you ask about their drink, then it is Tasneem, ginger, and Kaafoor.

And if you ask about their drinking cups, then they are crystal-clear and made of gold and silver.

And if you ask about its shade, then a fast rider would ride in the shade of one of its trees for a hundred years and not escape it.

And if you ask about its vastness, then the lowest of its people would have within his kingdom and walls and palaces and gardens the distance that would be travelled in a thousand years.

And if you ask about its tents and encampments, then one tent is like a concealed pearl that is sixty miles long.

And if you ask about its towers, then they are rooms above rooms in buildings that have rivers running underneath them.

And if you ask about how far it reaches into the sky, then look at the shining star that is visible, as well as those that are far in the heavens that the eyesight cannot possibly reach.

And if you ask about the clothing of its inhabitants, then they are of silk and gold.

And if you ask about its beds, then its blankets are of the finest silk laid out in the highest of its levels.

And if you ask about the faces of its inhabitants and their beauty, then they are like the image of the Moon.

And if you ask about their age, then they are young ones of 33 years in the image of Adam, the father of humanity.

And if you ask about what they will be hearing, then it is the singing of their wives from among the Hoor al-'Ayn, and better than that are the voices of the Angels and the Prophets, and better than that is the Speech of the Lord of the Worlds.

And if you ask about their servants, then they are young boys of everlasting youth who resemble scattered pearls.

And if you ask about their brides and wives, then they are young and full-breasted and have had the liquid of youth flow through their limbs; the Sun runs along the beauty of her face if she shows it, light shines from between her teeth if she smiles; if you meet her love, then say whatever you want regarding the joining of two lights; he sees his face in the roundness of her cheek as if he is looking into a polished mirror, and he sees the brightness from behind her muscles and bones; if she were to be unleashed upon the World, she would fill what is between the Heavens and the Earth with a beautiful wind, and the mouths of the creation would glorifiy, praise, and exclaim greatness, and everything between the East and the West would be adorned for her, and every eye would be shut from everthing but her, and the light of the Sun would be outshone just as the light of the Sun outshines the light of the stars, and everyone on the face of the Earth would believe in the Ever-Living, the One who Sustains and Protects all the exists.

And the covering on her head is better than the World and all that is in it, and she does not increase with age except in beauty; free from an umbilical cord, childbirth and menses, and pure of mucous, saliva, urine and other filthy things; her youth never fades, her clothing is never worn out, no garment can be created that matches her beauty, and no one who is with her can ever become bored; her attention is restricted to her husband, so she desires none but him, just as his attention is restricted to her so she is the sole object of his desire, and he is with her in utmost safety and security, as none has touched her before of either humans or Jinn.

And if you ask about the Day of Increase (in reward) and the visit of the all-Mighty, all-Wise, and the sight of His Face - free from any resemblance or likeness to anything - as you see the Sun in the middle of the day and the full Moon on a cloudless night, then listen on the day that the caller will call: 'O People of Paradise! Your Lord - Blessed and Exalted - requests you to visit Him, so come to visit Him!' So they will say: 'We hear and obey!'

Until, when they finally reach the wide valley where they will all meet - and none of them will turn down the request of the caller - the Lord - Blessed and Exalted - will order His Chair to be brought there. Then, pulpits of light will emerge, as well as pulpits of pearls, gemstone, gold, and silver. The lowest of them in rank will sit on sheets of musk, and will not see what those who are on the chairs above them are given. When they are comfortable where they are sitting and are secure in their places, and the caller calls: 'O People of Paradise! You have an appointment with Allaah in which He wishes to reward you!' So they will say: 'And what is that reward? Has He not already made our faces bright, made our scales heavy, entered us into Paradise, and pushed us away from the Fire?'

And when they are like that, all of a sudden a light shines that encompasses all of Paradise. So, they raise their heads, and, behold: the Compeller - Exalted is He, and Holy are His Names - has come to them from above them and majestified them and said: 'O People of Paradise! Peace be upon you!' So, this greeting will not be responded to with anything better than: 'O Allaah! You are Peace, and from You is Peace! Blessed are You, O possessor of Majesty and Honor!' So the Lord - Blessed and Exalted - will laugh to them and say: 'O People of Paradise! Where are those who used to obey Me without having ever seen Me? This is the Day of Increase!'

So, they will all give the same response: 'We are pleased, so be pleased with us!' So, He will say: 'O People of Paradise! If I were not pleased with you, I would not have made you inhabitants of My Paradise! So, ask of Me!' So, they will all give the same response: 'Show us your Face so that we may look at it!' So, the Lord - Mighty and Majestic - will remove his covering and will majestify them and will cover them with His Light, which, if Allaah - the Exalted - had not Willed not to burn them, would have burned them.

And there will not remain a single person in this gathering except that his Lord - the Exalted - will speak to him and say: 'Do you remember the day that you did this and that?' and He will remind him of some of his bad deeds in the Worldy life, so he will say: 'O Lord! Will you not forgive me?' So, He will say: 'Of course! You have not reached this position of yours (in Paradise) except by my forgiveness.'

So, how sweet is this speech to the ears, and how cooled are the righteous eyes by the glance at His Noble Face in the Afterlife...

{Some faces that Day will be shining and radiant, l ooking at their Lord...} (al-Qiyaamah:22-3)
[from the amazing and beautiful book Haadi al-Arwaah ilaa Bilaad il-Afraah by Ibn al-Qayyim, pg. 193

HOPEISNOTLOST

selam dear sister,

I´m a born muslim but the onlyone in my family who is practicisin Islam, when it is eid and one is going to mosqe to pray then it is me. and when I see how others come to the mesjid with their families I feel so lonely. Also at my work... I live in a not muslim country....... I can not join my colleague they like to hang up in clubs, I don´t... they drink Alkohol, I don´t... to flirt is regarded as normal but for me not... also my muslim friends are more liberal and don´t bother about Islam they think it is sufficiant to have a good heart....! Even when I met them in a cafe they have not the same interests like me and i don´t have the same interests like them... so u r not alone... I never thought of leaving this religion and I´m sure u r also not really thinking to do so... We know that we will not live forever and we know that we will met our Lord and if Allah wouln´t guide us to the straight path we would be lost.... Imagine there are so many people who are not muslims Allah is Al- Iman and didn´t give iman(=ticket to paradise) to all so let us beware this ticket well cuz it is precious. I know how hard it is for you but be patient.. this is all a test.... wish u all the best

salam
please sister be patient and note that this life is a place of test.
certainly, is better to live the hardest life of this world to a have a taste of the everlasting life of the hereafter than live the most luxurious life of this temporary life and enter the highest of all purnishments. note sister, by the test you are going thru or to tell you the truth all if us are going thru, ALLAH SUBHANAHU WATA'ALA will raise our status. so be patient sister.we dont have a guarantee of seing the next minute but for sure we know we will die and proceed to the everlasting life (either permanet happiness(ameen YA RAB) or unending destruction WE SEEK REGUGE YA RAB)). I wish you all the best and pray that ALLAH HELPS YOU AND US WITH ALL THIS TRIALS. MAY HE HELP US TO EDUCATE PEOPLE THAT DID NOT KNOW THIS BUITIFUL LIFE. AMEEN

HOPEISNOTLOST

salam
certainly, is better to live the hardest life of this world to a have a taste of the everlasting life of the hereafter than live the most luxurious life of this temporary life and enter the highest of all purnishments. note sister, by the test you are going thru or to tell you the truth all of us are going thru, ALLAH SUBHANAHU WATA'ALA will raise our status. so be patient sister.we dont have a guarantee of seing the next minute but for sure we know we will die and proceed to the everlasting life (either permanet happiness(ameen YA RAB) or unending destruction WE SEEK REGUGE YA RAB)). I wish you all the best and pray that ALLAH HELPS YOU AND US WITH ALL THIS TRIALS. MAY HE HELP US TO EDUCATE PEOPLE THAT DID NOT KNOW THIS BUITIFUL LIFE. AMEEN
HOPE YOU WILL BE PATTIENT SISTERS

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

sister, i know exactly how you are feeling, because at one time i had felt that way.

i have been a muslim for 14 years and never have i been invited to a ramadan iftar, never been in another muslim's home, never had anyone in the masjid talk to me more than a few words. to this day i have never really taken part in EID. people are all nice then, but forget about me on jummah. there has never been a joy for me during ramadan when i break the fast. i have been terribly lonely. i only wish to make muslim friends and it never happens. there are other things too, but i always try to keep in mind that islam is perfect and that we muslims aren't.

so please sister, do the same. keep on believing and don't give up truth to return to falsehood.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikum asalaam warahmatullah,

Sister, these feelings are the whispers of shaitaan. You must ignore them and never think about life as a kafir or any kafir activity as being fun... By Allah we will be raised from our graves, and those destined for the fire will be dragged on their faces towards it.

Allahu akbar, may Allah protect you from being in this vunerable state. Ameen.

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu Alaykum sister

I think all the brothers/sisters did fabulous job from giving advice, support, and providing Quranic evidence to help you. So masha'Allah and may Allah SWT bless you all. Have faith, be patient, and don't be sad. Life gets better when you least expected. Read Don't Be Sad recommend by TheHumbleWun.

Kakorot

:salam2: sis these are from the whispers of the shaytaan. You are not making a fool of yourself at all, these are just shaytaan's whispers. If you listen to them, then yes at the end on the Day of Judgement you will make a fool of yourself, why?? this is why,

Allah says in the Qur'an, in Surah Ibraheem, Chapter 14, verse 22:

"And Satan says, when the matter has been decided: Allah promised you a promise of truth; and I promised you, then failed you. And I had no power over you except that I called to you and you obeyed me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me, I disbelieved in that which you before ascribed to me. Fo wrongdoers is a painful doom."

Subhan'Allah. This is whispers from shaytaan and he will not stop whispering to the believers.

These are some questions that some muslims have asked in the past with regards to the same problem u are facing, so please read them as the solutions are given:

Having doubts about Allah
Q: Please advise me: I am having big doubts in Allah Ta'ala. I weep and make du'a for them to go away, but they don't. It is ruining my life, I feel like I am so far from the Deen now. I live in the U.S and the problem is when I look around at the complex cities and all the materials and history, it just doesn't seem to me that the purpose of all this is to Worship Allah. Please help me as I am very confused. I am a practicing Muslim, I do sin a lot but I make Tauba and I go to the Masjid on a daily basis.
Answer:
In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful.
Having doubts in Allah Almighty is perfectly natural and one should avoid being too concerned about them. In fact, doubts and evil thoughts are a sign of one’s faith.
Sayyiduna Abu Haraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that once a group of people came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and asked:
“We experience such evil thoughts that it is impossible to bring them on our lips”. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Do you really experience these thoughts? Yes, they replied. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “They are clear signs of faith”. (Sahih Muslim).
Sayyiduna Ibn Abbas (Allah have mercy on him) narrates that a Companion came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and asked:
“Sometimes I experience such thoughts that I would rather be reduced to charcoal than get them on my lips” (meaning that to speak of these thoughts was worse than burning in fire, m). The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “All praise is to Allah who restricted the devil’s designs to mere evil promptings”. (Sunan Abu Dawud,)
The above two narrations Cleary show that it is not unusual to have these evil thoughts neither is one more sinful or evil due to them. Even some Companions of the blessed Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) received these thoughts, as we have seen in the above narrations.
Therefore, one should not be worried on their account or feel sad and deterred, for these thoughts are signs of faith. Some scholars have explained this by saying that a robber or thief only strikes at a place where he knows that there is wealth or money. He would not break into a place where there is no wealth. Similarly, when the devil (shaytan) whispers and puts these evil thoughts into anyone’s heart, then this shows that this person has the wealth of faith (iman) in his heart. If there was no wealth in that heart, Shaytan would have never entered it, thus one should not worry about these evil thoughts.
NO SIN ON MERE THOUGHTS
It should also remember that one is not accountable for the evil thoughts that occur in the mind and heart as long as they remain thoughts.
Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:
“Verily Allah forgives my Ummah for the evil thoughts that occur in their hearts until they don’t say it verbally or act upon it”. (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).
Therefore, one does not come out of the fold of Islam due to experiencing these evil thoughts, neither is there any sin., as long as one remains a believer with his heart, mouth and action.
WHAT TO DO
When experiencing evil thoughts one should do the following:
1) Do not be worried about them, rather one should be happy, for the occurring of evil thoughts is a sign of faith. A saint said: “Shaytan can not tolerate a believer being happy, thus when he sees him being happy for receiving these thoughts, he stops from whispering them.
2) When these thoughts come, one should occupy oneself with something else. These thoughts will not disappear by simply desiring them to go, rather, one should get busy in some work or task.
3) One should seek Allah’s protection and refuge from the devil. Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:
“The devil (shaytan) comes to one of you and says: “Who created this? Who created that? Until he says: “Who created your Lord?” When one experiences this, one should seek Allah’s refuge and stop the matter there”. (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).
The following verse of Surah al-mu’minun may be beneficial:
“Rabbi inni a’uzu bika min hamazat ashayatin wa a’uzu bika rabbi an yahdurun”
Translation of meaning:
O my Lord! I seek your protection from the instigations of devils and I also seek your protection from that they (ever) come to me.
And Allah knows best

may Allah guide us all ameen, this duniya is a test, a very hard test. Jannah is not easy but Jahannam is, thats the reality.

salek

Sister, My heart is crying for you............

Sister, Assalamu alaikum. i felt so sad it seems my heart is bleeding. i feel so much pain somewhere in my heart that i can't explain by words. it's not just only the reason that you considering leaving islam but the hardship, the sufferings, the lonelyness, being in the environment of the so called liberal born muslims and so on.......
sister, i wouldn't quote any verse something from quran or suunah as you already believe firmly that there is only one god and islam is the only religion selected by allah allmighty. i will try to sooth your aching heart by some suggestions:

about your loneliness:
i know for choosing Islam , choosing the truth, you became lonely in your family and relatives. you can not join with them in everything, celebrate the family party,cultural events, no music , no amusement etc... but sister, i know many converted muslims who had to leave their familes, cause there family just kicked them out. socially and financially they suffered in so many hardships and difficulties. but for the love of allah and his messenger they just left everything. because they know they found the truth and no enjoyment of the deception of this world can attract them to compare the peace and happiness of allah and his beautiful deen.

About the environment with the liberal born muslims:
i know you feel bad and uncomfortable being in the environment where these borm muslims don't practice islam,the way of allah and rasul. but sister, you never think this, that being a born muslim they can do whatever they want and they will not face any punishment of allah. do aware of this, that these so called " liberal" born muslims who are refusing allah's order will be thrown to the hellfire and will face stern punishment of allah unless they make tawba(confess with sincere heart) and back to the right path of allah. they are just blind, influencing by iblis "saytan". and you know where the companion of saytan will go afterworld. sister, these so called liberal muslims, they might be born as muslims but they know nothing about islam. they had been brought up in a secular environment. they didn't reecive the true islamic education from their parents. otherwise, they can't go astray like this. so sister, don't think of them. being envy of them you can't push yourself to the way of the hell. so sister, just ignore them and try to find some religious sisters' who will show you the right way. they will soothe your heart with true love and sisterhood .better find some religious converted sisters.

my example:
sister, i am a religious person, and i try to follow the orders of allah and his rasul to the best of my heart. being living in the western world( in canada) i see many liberal born muslims here who are out of religious activities. i just ignore and avoid them. i am lonely in my own community, in my own people. but i never felt lonely or unhappy. cause in my heart there is place for only Allah and his Rasul Mohammad (s). i am so happy, happier than anyone in this world cause Allah is in my heart. i don't wanna mingle with those people who are so called liberal non practising muslims . i feel pity for them, i just think that they are so pathetic, that even thuogh they were born as a muslim they are far of islam, they are deprived of the blessing of the Allah (swt) and they are proceeding to the stern punishment of Allah. so i try to find people who are with the love of Allah . and alhamdulillah, going to the mosque, i got many pious and religious muslims who made their whole life as a charity to the path of Allah. I can get the fragrance of Jannat( heaven) being with them.

so sister, please wake up and think in this way, that Allah has showered his all the blessings to you showing you the right path. you are one of the millions of people who got the blessing of God allmighty. and that's the only way that can save you from the stern punishment of the afterworld and confirming you the eternal peace and happiness in the heaven. and please try to pray some nafal salat ( of two rakat) in the early morning and ask Allah to give you the peace in your mind and heart, so any worldly deception can't touch you, can't tempt you.

i will pray for you too. May Allah give piece and comfort in your heart.(ameen) sister, don't feel lonely, Allah is with you. at last , i will ask you to listen to the beautiful nasheed LAST BREATH of Ahmed bukhatir. you can search it by you tube.
go to~ http://uk.youtube.com/watch then type last breath ahmed bukhatir and select the nasheed. surely, it will give you piece in your mind, fade away the temptation of the worldly things and increse the love for Allah.
Still i am feeling pain in my heart for you.

your brother in islam
salek

salek

Sister, Assalamu alaikum. i felt so sad it seems my heart is bleeding. i feel so much pain somewhere in my heart that i can't explain by words. it's not just only the reason that you considering leaving islam but the hardship, the sufferings, the lonelyness, being in the environment of the so called liberal born muslims and so on.......
sister, i wouldn't quote any verse something from quran or suunah as you already believe firmly that there is only one god and islam is the only religion selected by allah allmighty. i will try to sooth your aching heart by some suggestions:

about your loneliness:
i know for choosing Islam , choosing the truth, you became lonely in your family and relatives. you can not join with them in everything, celebrate the family party,cultural events, no music , no amusement etc... but sister, i know many converted muslims who had to leave their familes, cause there family just kicked them out. socially and financially they suffered in so many hardships and difficulties. but for the love of allah and his messenger they just left everything. because they know they found the truth and no enjoyment of the deception of this world can attract them to compare the peace and happiness of allah and his beautiful deen.

i know you feel bad and uncomfortable being in the environment where these borm muslims don't practice islam,the way of allah and rasul. but sister, you never think this, that being a born muslim they can do whatever they want and they will not face any punishment of allah. do aware of this, that these so called " liberal" born muslims who are refusing allah's order will be thrown to the hellfire and will face stern punishment of allah unless they make tawba(confess with sincere heart) and back to the right path of allah. they are just blind, influencing by iblis "saytan". and you know where the companion of saytan will go afterworld. sister, these so called liberal muslims, they might be born as muslims but they know nothing about islam. they had been brought up in a secular environment. they didn't reecive the true islamic education from their parents. otherwise, they can't go astray like this. so sister, don't think of them. being envy of them you can't push yourself to the way of the hell. so sister, just ignore them and try to find some religious sisters' who will show you the right way. they will soothe your heart with true love and sisterhood .better find some religious converted sisters.

my example:
sister, i am a religious person, and i try to follow the orders of allah and his rasul to the best of my heart. being living in the western world( in canada) i see many liberal born muslims here who are out of religious activities. i just ignore and avoid them. i am lonely in my own community, in my own people. but i never felt lonely or unhappy. cause in my heart there is place for only Allah and his Rasul Mohammad (s). i am so happy, happier than anyone in this world cause Allah is in my heart. i don't wanna mingle with those people who are so called liberal non practising muslims . i feel pity for them, i just think that they are so pathetic, that even thuogh they were born as a muslim they are far of islam, they are deprived of the blessing of the Allah (swt) and they are proceeding to the stern punishment of Allah. so i try to find people who are with the love of Allah . and alhamdulillah, going to the mosque, i got many pious and religious muslims who made their whole life as a charity to the path of Allah. I can get the fragrance of Jannat( heaven) being with them.

so sister, please wake up and think in this way, that Allah has showered his all the blessings to you showing you the right path. you are one of the millions of people who got the blessing of God allmighty. and that's the only way that can save you from the stern punishment of the afterworld and confirming you the eternal peace and happiness in the heaven. and please try to pray some nafal salat ( of two rakat) in the early morning and ask Allah to give you the peace in your mind and heart, so any worldly deception can't touch you, can't tempt you.

i will pray for you too. May Allah give piece and comfort in your heart.(ameen) sister, don't feel lonely, Allah is with you. at last , i will ask you to listen to the beautiful nasheed LAST BREATH of Ahmed bukhatir. you can search it by you tube.
go to~ http://uk.youtube.com/watch then type last breath ahmed bukhatir and select the nasheed. surely, it will give you piece in your mind, fade away the temptation of the worldly things and increse the love for Allah.
Still i am feeling pain in my heart for you.

your brother in islam
salek

salek

Sister, Assalamu alaikum. i felt so sad it seems my heart is bleeding. i feel so much pain somewhere in my heart that i can't explain by words. it's not just only the reason that you considering leaving islam but the hardships, the sufferings, the lonelyness, being in the environment of the so called liberal born muslims and so on.......

about your loneliness:
i know for choosing Islam , choosing the truth, you became lonely in your family and relatives. you can't join with them in everything, celebrating the family party,cultural events, no music , no amusement etc... but sister, i know many converted muslims who had to leave their familes, cause there families just kicked them out. socially and financially they suffered, in so many hardships and difficulties. but for the love of allah and his messenger they just left everything. because they know they found the truth and no enjoyment of the deception of this world can attract them to compare the peace and happiness of allah and his beautiful deen.

my example:
sister, i am a religious person, and i try to follow the orders of allah and his rasul to the best of my heart. being living in the western world( in canada) i see many liberal born muslims here who are out of religious activities. i just ignore and avoid them. i am lonely in my own community, in my own people. but i never felt lonely or unhappy. cause in my heart there is place for only Allah and his Rasul Mohammad (s). i am so happy, happier than anyone in this world cause Allah is in my heart. i don't wanna mingle with those people who are so called liberal non practising muslims . i feel pity for them, i just think that they are so pathetic, that even though they were born as a muslim they are far of islam, they are deprived of the blessing of the Allah (swt) and they are proceeding to the stern punishment of Allah. so i try to find people who are with the love of Allah . and alhamdulillah, going to the mosque, i got many pious and religious muslims who made their whole life as a charity to the path of Allah. I can get the fragrance of Jannat( heaven) being with them.

A brother in islam

nori suja'i

Assalamualeikoom,
Just take a look at the story of Prophet Zakaria r.a (aleyhissalam) and his son Yahya r.a.(John).
They prefer to be killed then denying the truth.
May Allah granted them peace in jannah, ameen.

shammyshahoo

Assalamualaikum sister in islam...May Allah bless u to remain in Allah's deen. sister...it is well known misunderstanding or misconception abt 'islam' that...islam is a very strict religion...it does not allow entertinment...like music, movie...not giving freedom to women...etc...etc.... sister...most of the entertainments now available are...vulgar and some r not keeping descency. Even if u r not a mulim...if one is good at heart will not like all these things .we wl hate it. that type of indescent items r prohibited in islam...so also in any religion...religion teaches only good things to people.we muslims can enjoy....the problem is that the new generation 's definition of 'enjoyment' is different...tht is the reason fr this misconcept.... Allah says in quran....' dont be sad or upset... u r in high position...if u r believers'' It is our creator who is soothening us. then why to worry.??.. be content and seek pleasure...in islam...u r in the right path...no doubt...Only thing is that...he may test u fr a while... whom he loves...be patient...everything wl be alright...be steadfast...in ur 'ibadas'....prayers.....be pruod of ur relgion....Whn Allah is wth u...wht is the need to feel sad and despair.??... u wl be in our prayers sister.... pl write whnever u feel to share ur feelings sister....may Allah bless u

safiya58

salam
certainly, is better to live the hardest life of this world to a have a taste of the everlasting life of the hereafter than live the most luxurious life of this temporary life and enter the highest of all purnishments. note sister, by the test you are going thru or to tell you the truth all if us are going thru, ALLAH SUBHANAHU WATA'ALA will raise our status. so be patient sister.we dont have a guarantee of seing the next minute but for sure we know we will die and proceed to the everlasting life (either permanet happiness(ameen YA RAB) or unending destruction WE SEEK REGUGE YA RAB)). I wish you all the best and pray that ALLAH HELPS YOU AND US WITH ALL THIS TRIALS. MAY HE HELP US TO EDUCATE PEOPLE THAT DID NOT KNOW THIS BUITIFUL LIFE. AMEEN

selam sister,

Jazak Allahu ckairan, u r soooo kind... may Allah give u the highest of janna. but compared to others my "suffering" is very meager.... I just wanted to let my sister know that she is not all alone and to be patient. I don´t want u to worry about me :) may Allah give to all of our brothers and sisters who he blessed with happiness success that they don´t forget to praise Him and don´t forget His Mercy and Inshaallah allah will give to those who r in trouble sabir.

Rashadi

Asalamu alaykum all,
This probably isn't the best introduction to the forum, but I was feeling a bit lost and thought the best way to get advice would be frompeople I don't necessarily know....I have actually read a lot of threads from this forum over the past year or two and have come to appreciate the advice from the members so here is a thank you too.
Well anyway, here goes. I have been having a lot of doubts in the past two months or so about leaving Islam and it has almost been destroying me. I am a recent convert, of about two years, and in my heart of hearts I know Islam is the best religion. To everyone around me I probably seem like that 'crazy convert'...hijab, only halal food, avoiding music, trying to encourage people to pray, avoiding haraam tv etc. but sometimes I feel like I am only fooling myself. I also find it hard to stay with the deen when every other muslim at my university it just feels like is mocking me sometimes for being conservative (the muslims at my university are rather liberal which doesn't bother me, but the converse seems to bother them!) I would give you more of my background but I am very worried about the off-chance someone I know could recognize me! But I come from a very conservative immigrant background, where Christianity is the way.
I guess what has been bothering me is not theology, or even practicing because I LOVE Islam but it's just been getting to me how hard everything has been. Reading some of the threads here I know I probably have it good, myfamily hasn't shunned me and I haven't been hurt financially or anything of the sort, but just that sometimes I feel like I have no haven, no support really. All the muslims I know are born muslims and I just feel...sad. There really isn't anything fun I can do and to tell you the truth I just feel BORED & very alone as a Muslim. I just feel I *don't* want to give up my own culture and everything would be easier if I just pretended to be born again. I could still do salat, I wouldn't have to drink, I could keep my modesty(without hijab, but with more modest other clothes), and I would have a support within my own culture, marriage would be very easy, my whole family would be ecstatic, I wouldn't be discriminated against by born muslims, I wouldn't have lonely holidays, I could celebrate christmas with all my family and I could be the happy go lucky girl I want to be. But the problemis that I believe with my heart and soul there is no God but God and being Christian would be a lie to myself.
I just don't know what to do....it's like this epic struggle within my heart and sometimes I just think "Oh Allah, why do you pay so much attention to this your one slave when everyone else is allowed to do what they like without fear or worry?" Sometimes I wish I could return to my heedless state and then I feel even more guilty for being ungrateful. I try to remind myself of the painful times of the early Muslims but....it just doesn't work for me!
Ok! That is all...I hope you have a good evening and I pray that Allah swt blesses all of you...
If anyone has advice I would appreciate it. Sorry for this long complaint, I hope inshallah my heart gets resolved soon in any case.
Masalaam,
your sister in islam (maybe the quiet one in your masjid who doesn't come to jumu'ah anymore! or the one who suddenly becomes quiet when you discuss eid plans, or the one whose smile seems a bit sadder these days...)

Salaam Aleykom Sister,

You are blessed by Allah (swt) and He guided you to the truth. People mocked at our Prophet (saaws) as well but later ended up reverting to Islam while others died as kafirs. My situation is similar to yours but I know my purpose and, if I were to follow the desires of the majority of those on earth, we would go astray. So do not let the mocking get to you. Continue with what you do and avoid the bad. Make Duahs for Allah to increase you iman and make your path smooth. Also remember that this world is a prison for the believer and the jannah for the kafir. Do not let them fool you and the so called Muslims who mock you are need of examination of their iman because they may not be far from kufr themselves. This life is short and we have a purpose. Do not let them drag you away from accomplishing your goals in life and remember the hereafter is permanent. We were created to worship Allah and that is doing all the things he allows and ordains and avoid the bad so much as we can.

Allah loves you and has guided you to the straight path. This alone is a mercy and a blessing, but He is also just and mercieful to everyone. Those that pay no heed and do as they please, do not be shocked if they will not have a share of the good of the hereafter. But we avoid the haram, we do the halal and we devote ourselves to Allah, and believe me it is the best investment because there is a better reward in the herafter. Don't sell the reward of the herafter for this temporary life which is short and not worth it. I am not saying don't enjoy life because we are not a cult that renounce this world, but we avoid certain things in this life which is bad. Read the Quran, make duahs, continue the 5 daily salats and strive to avoid the bad things. The more good we do, the more our faith increases. I had the same problems because I am the only Muslim in my family and don't know very many but I made duahs and focused more on doing the good works and devoting myself to worshiping Allah. Islam is a mercy from Allah and it is the only acceptable deen(way of life) that He has chosen for us and that is acceptable. It would be a great loss to leave the prescribed way of Allah (islam) for this short and temporary life.

May Allah strengthen your iman and guide you to the straight path, Amin. May He also guide all of the us and strengthen our iman and make us devoted to Him, inshaAllah, Amin.