Sent a letter to Makkah....

alf2

Islam is a way of life
:salam2:

I have a penpal who lives in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. 6 months ago I tried to send her a letter, and it never got there!

It was in a plain envelope, with both our names and addresses.
No pictures of animals or people or anything.

Any idea why it never got there?? :girl3:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam

No clue. But, when I used to write letters, they would always be received opened by the people I sent it to. So, the authorities open and go through whatever is sent.

Your letter might have been lost at any point.. may never have even left the USA. Allah knows best.

Edit: by the way, emmm they don't care about pictures of animals or people.

Janaan

ربنا اغفر لنا ذنوبنا
Staff member

:girl3:

LOL! Had to laugh at that. Ukhty, the hay'at aren't that bad, I'm sure. Like the brother said, they probably don't care for pictures.
But did you make sure it was actually 'sent'? Here, most people use UPS but their survive, as my uncle says, ain't great at all. Sometimes they'd never ship stuff off..

alf2

Islam is a way of life
LOL! Had to laugh at that. Ukhty, the hay'at aren't that bad, I'm sure. Like the brother said, they probably don't care for pictures.
But did you make sure it was actually 'sent'? Here, most people use UPS but their survive, as my uncle says, ain't great at all. Sometimes they'd never ship stuff off..

LOL! I didnt know how strict they may be...So i didnt do any decorations on the envelope.

I have been pen palling to other countries for 3 years now, and this is the first letter in an envelope to be lost :shymuslima1: (I have had LOTS of packages lost though)

I have no idea if it ever left the country, I can only assume so because it has in the past.

Skywalker

:wasalam:

Lost in transition!!

Write another one..I would have done that...no need to be judgmental little sister!! :)

I have a penpal who lives in Makkah, Saudi Arabia. 6 months ago I tried to send her a letter, and it never got there!

It was in a plain envelope, with both our names and addresses.

Any idea why it never got there?? :girl3:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
@ Skywalker: How am I being judgmental? I was wondering if there was any special rules I wasn't aware of. I think my question is legitimate.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum,

come on people, lets not get into misunderstandings. ^_^

Yes, the sister posed just a normal question.