Seven times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
>Quoted post removed by moderator<

Oh brother. You and I, are no one, "No One" to decide who is what. We can "Never" judge who is muslim and who is not. We simply donot have they right. Allaah is enough for a judge and He needs no secretaries.

You may have problems and tension with people, so do all of us. A Muslim is polite and forgiving and asks for Allaah's mercy. Be respectful, even if you don't like any of us. She banned you, she had every right. It's her forum. She can run it as is. She pays for it. Don't be so aggressive and judgemental, Allaah is enough for yours and ours affairs. The Prophet:saw: was never rude. Try to follow him Inshaa'Allaah.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Walaikkum Assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Sister, I have thought about what you said before. In fact, in my early years, I used to use too much logic. I will tell you what the problem with logic is. You said you embraced islam since you used logic.

Do you know Atheists denounce Islam for the same reason? They said that existence of God is not logical.

So, what I say is.. Allah Guided you to embrace Islam, Alhamdulilah. He made it logical for you or made it understandable for you, Allahu A'lam. But, why I do not go much into logical debate is because atheists also use logic to say there cannot be a creator. I know there are some debaters who use logic to prove the existence of the creator and stuff..but you know what Atheists are still atheists. What seems logical to you doesn't seem logical to them. So, logic changes from person to person for some issues. But, Islam is universal. For example, I say I keep beard because it is thermodynamically favourable .e. it keeps the face warm during winter and helps give out body heat during summer. Yes, lot of people buy that argument. But that is not why I keep beard, I do it because it is Sunnah.

You have to understand that I am not totally against Logic. If you find a logical explanation to follow the sunnah, Alhamdulilah. Whatever satisfies you. But, if someone finds a logical explanation to go against Sunnah... would that be fine? No, no at all. I am not saying you would do it. There are some people who do it.

For example, there are Qur'anists who apply logic to the Qur'an and each one has their own interpretation of Qur'an. So, they form their own rules and regulations. And it is total mess.

But, I believe you understand my point and I do understand you too. My aim was to make you realize that at some point, somethings might not seem logical to you but that should not stop you from following it. And I hope you understand now. So, Alhamdulilah.

wa aleikum salam wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Dear brother, i find hard to belive that atheists can find logic against the sunnah, the sunnah is a perfect way of life, alhamdullilah, i belive that we as muslim can never run out of arguments in favour of sunnah against atheists...and Allah knows better.

Yes i do understand what you say and maybe i expressed my self wrong in some sentences, our knowledge is limited but until some point, until we reach that limit, our inteligence can make light in many things regarding faith and will only help us to be stronger belivers inchallah.

There are things like you said, we cant understand them but we follow out of love for islam, but are also things, like for example why we dont eat pig, we know hurts our health, we dont eat, out of love for islam and for Allah`s teachings but also noone stops us to know that hurts our health, we are given inteligence, everything is from Allah and i always say alhamdullilah for this site.

:salam2:

Ershad

As salam 'alaykum warahamtu-llah

I have seen you before coming up with these type of things.
these type of copying, cutting, pasting things can easily make someone some thing else.

however, my point is not that.

there are some sunnah of Allah, that what He does or says, He never changes.
like Allah said, once He forgives you, He never recalls it. Likewise we human can't do the things, no matter how long the times has passed and we forgive someone, when situation comes we recall it.
that doesn't mean that Allah doesn't know what we did and for what he forgave us.

by these example, I think he indicated this thing. becaue the point was refuting the claims of atheist that God can do anything, like massacre or whatever bad.

He can do anything but He also doesn't leave his sunnah, because thats His promise, which He can not leave. we human can.

let me give you an example, seeing the videos of Dr. Zakir, everyone ponders on convincing people to Islam by science. but no one mentions, what Dr. Zakir says, ALWAYS "Quran is a book of signs, not science" and then he says, yet Quran in 1000 verses says about science. but when people imitates him, doesn't mention it or neither recall, because actually they are convinced by logic in Islam not in faith.

everything of our faith is not based on logic,in human perspective.
there is something in our faith which is based on Ghaib 'unseen'. Suratul bakarah verse 3
so we have to have faith in ghaib, which in no logic can be proved, and thats the faith.

otherwise how can you explain jannah and Naar?

however, Dr. Zakir never said, he believes or people to believe in Islam for Logic, his some lectures which are like Islam and modern Science, he mentioned, otherwise go for his other lectures, he never mentions these.

I have not missed a single lecture session of Dr. Zakir, so i know it better, if you want to come to a point, go for that first, dont trust everything what you see in youtube. the very lectures clips are been cut and pasted, every single lectures i have seen, i never went in a concept of logic. when people see one QA or small part, he/she may think that Dr. Zakir is inviting to logical Islam.

yes our religion is logical, but there are some points also which are unseen, no logic can prove it.
because Allah knows the best.

my point was not refuting you.

that what you can take as sincere advice, because, i dont reply to threads, doesn't mean that i don't read threads.

JazakAllah Khair

BarakAllahu feekum to sister Hajjer and sister Harb, which shows our humbleness and sincerity towards Islam.

of course Allah doesn't do anything for vain reason, so this is our answer.
we don' t know everything, we would be all knowing, Allah didnt make us so.

like Alif, Lam Mim, after suratul fatiha and the 2nd ayah of bakarah, the letters are there.
One of the consensuses of scholars is: Allah put those letters there, so that we understand, that there are certain things those we don't know, even though we know and understand the other meanings of ayahs, next and before. this is one of the consensuses of Scholars.

may Allah guide us and keep us on straight path.

may we get benefited by sharing our knowledge and may Allah help us to help eachother, insha Allah

wassalamun 'alayka

Walaikkum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu, akhi.

If you ever find me cutting, pasting stuff that I don't verify, You can feel free to tell me. Secondly, why I copy paste articles from authentic sites is because if I write with my own deficient knowledge, It will have errors. Thirdly, we understand Islam and God the way the Sahaba understood from Prophet and how it was passed on from them.

They didn't really use the logic like " Allah cannot create fat/thin man or Allah cannot create tall/Short man" like Dr. Zakir Naik does. We believe he is the creator. We do not do excessive questioning. I believe if he says that it is a problem with Aqeedah as you know what our Aqeedah relating to what creator is. My point was just that if we apply too much logic, we stray away from the correct Aqeedah of the Salaf. We are treading a dangerous path then.

For the bolded part in your post, do you believe Allah doesn't create Evil?

He created the most wicked and evil self of Iblees the source of every evil. In contrast He created the most purified and honourable self of the angels. His ability is also manifested in the creation of night and day, illness and cure, life and death, ugly and beautiful and many other contrasting forms of creation.

"No evil befalls on the earth or in your own souls except it is in the writings before we bring it into existence."(57:22)

"If some good comes to them they say this is from Allah and if some evil befalls them they say this is from you prophet, everything is from Allah."

"the creator of everything. "(40: 62)

From these verses above we see that Allah created everything, for if Allah did not create everything there would be another creator.

We also know that the prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) said 'All the goodness is in your hands and the evil is not attributed to you. "(Muslim)

So how does Allah create the bad/levil?. Allah does not create evil in the absolute sense. Because in every evil there is good, it is only evil if we make it evil.

Forgive me if I have said anything wrong.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum,

Sister harb, we do not know why it's seven times. There are many things we do not know and that is not something we're ashamed of admitting, to Allaah belongs all knowledge and wisdom.

Everything we need to know in order that we lead pure Islaamic lives has been taught to us, we do not need to seek beyond that. Where we have sought beyond what Allaah and His Messenger have taught us, there may be good and evil in that knowledge, we don't know maybe the good outwieghs the evil or the evil outweighs the good.

We should seek refuge from knowledge that doesn't benefit us:

On the authority of Zayd ibn Arqam (ra) that the Messenger of Allah (saw) used to say, "O Allah, I seek refuge in you from knowledge which does not benefit, from a heart which does not feel humble, from a soul that does not feel contented and from an invocation that is not answered." (Muslim, Engl. trans. vol.4, p.1425, no.6568; and others).

This thread is being closed because it is of no benefit, we shouldn't waste time discussing the minutiae.

Status
Not open for further replies.