Sh. Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy Coming to Irvine, CA in Ramadan 2009

inam1971

:salam2:

:ma:

World Renown Qari Sheikh Mishary Al-Afasy from Kuwait will lead Taraweeh Prayers at Islamic Center of Irvine during the 
Holy Month of Ramadan 2009.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

IRVINE, CALIFORNIA, USA -- June 19, 2009 -- The Islamic Center of Irvine is pleased to announce that World Renown Qari Sheikh Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy will be leading Taraweeh prayers at ICOI during the Holy Month of Ramadan 2009 (1430).

President of the ICOI Board, Issa Edah-Tally said "We are extremely pleased and honored that Sheikh Mishary Al-Afasy has accepted our invitation to join us and lead Taraweeh prayers at ICOI." Sadullah Khan, Director of Religious Affairs at ICOI said, "Sheikh Al-Afasy has for the last 10 years led prayers during The Holy Month of Ramadan at the Grand Mosque in Kuwait, and I know that the people of Kuwait will miss him dearly this Ramadan."

In March 2007, ICOI hosted Sheikh Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy at a unique event led by Sheikh Sadullah Khan (ICOI) and Sheikh Yassir Fazaga (OCIF), where many scholars from all over Orange County gathered to hear Sheikh Al-Afasy recite verses from the Holy Qur'an and Anasheeds in various styles and unique renditions. Videos of those recitations were posted in the public domain for the benefit of the community.

At that event, ICOI made a special presentation to Sheikh Mishary Rashid Al-Afasy which read "On behalf of the Muslim Community of Southern California, USA, The Islamic Center of Irvine presents this plaque as a token of appreciation and admiration to the most respected and honorable Sheikh Mishary Al-Afasy for his international promotion of the final divine revelation, Al Qur'an, in the most melodious and heart rendering style."

Sheikh Mohammad Faqih (IIOC) told the audience, "This is by far the most powerful event of this type I have ever attended in my life."

Edah-Tally said "Ramadan 2009 at ICOI will be by-far one of the most attended and most beneficial events for the community and I am looking forward to it immensely."

For futher information and updates on the 2009 Ramadan Program at the Islamic Center of Irvine, please visit the website www.icoi.net. For all media and inquiries, please contact the center.

http://www.icoi.net

:wasalam:

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

This is great news for people living in Irvine,CA. They must be just waiting for Ramadaan now. The thought of praying taraweeh behind Sheikh Mishary Al-Afasy is so pleasant and wonderful.

Really envious of the people living there in California. It makes me want to travel all the way to California from texas !

yakubpasha

This is great news for people living in Irvine,CA. They must be just waiting for Ramadaan now. The thought of praying taraweeh behind Sheikh Mishary Al-Afasy is so pleasant and wonderful.

Really envious of the people living there in California. It makes me want to travel all the way to California from texas !

i wish he came to Dallas Texas- which part of Texas are you in ?. Atleast We got Yusuf Estes and recently Nouman Ali Khan moved here

sarmadn

Alhamdulillah! I am looking forward to this Ramadan eagerly. May Allah increase us in imaan and taqwa. Ameen

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
i wish he came to Dallas Texas- which part of Texas are you in ?. Atleast We got Yusuf Estes and recently Nouman Ali Khan moved here

I am a college student.. I am in Bryan, tx currently. I wish those shuyuks visit us here atleast !

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

Thanks for posting, so he will lead the prayer the entire month or he will just be there a few days? From what I understand it seems he will be there for the whole month, which is good I will get a chance to stop by then, InshaAllah.

sarmadn

Thanks for posting, so he will lead the prayer the entire month or he will just be there a few days? From what I understand it seems he will be there for the whole month, which is good I will get a chance to stop by then, InshaAllah.

He will be leading the prayer for the whole month inshaAllah. ICOI is already setting up tents around the masjid for the big response that is anticipated inshaAllah :)

aucstudent

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
I am Ahmed Mahdy from Egypt
here and in Kuwait, we are extremely sad for losing our sheikh this year , we waited every Ramdan for him,
pple in kuwait used to record it and publish it on websites with very good quality,

so u in America, can't any one in CA record it with some high quality and publish it for us:D
there were some trials like

scmuslims.org/index.php/ramadan-1430/66-shaikh-mashary-al-afasi-is-near-by-in-icoi-irvine-california

in-icoi-irvine-california
but the quality is very low
thanks for all

السلام عليكم