Shahada...

MeLissa

Salaam all,

It is very early in the morning where I live and my 25th birthday. I have just said my Shahada with my husband as my witness. I couldn't be happier and nor more excited about reverting to this beautiful religion.

It has been a very long religious journey for me, one that took my husband who is a born Muslim completely by suprise when I told me that I would like to become a Muslim.

I think that he was still a bit apprehensive about my intentions until this morning when I said my Shahada. He is very excited now though.

Insha Allah I will make Allah proud of me with the decisions that I will now choose to make in my life. As it is though, I was simply bursting with excitement and had to share the good news with someone.

Thank you all for sharing in this moment with me. Feel free to ask me any questions concerning my reversion. I look forward to learning as much as I can about Islam and the Muslim way of life. I am an American though and only understand about 5 Arabic words, so please be gentle with me when using Arabic.

Salaam,
MeLissa:hijabi:

stranger786

Dream of His Slavery
May Allah give you strenght and keep u in his protection

:salam2:
:ma:
:muslim_child:
:arabi1:
:salah:
:hearts:

Congratulation

about urs revertinging into beautiful religion.may God give u laod of happpiness and blessing in this life and in the life of Hereafter.

I was waiting to get urs message as you said that you will say urs shahada on 8th or 9th nov.(lol)

Remember us in urs Precious Prayers and all muslim umma esp those who are in sufferings.

With lov and respect for sake of Allah

iman27

Salam alaikum ramatullah, congratulations on taking your shahada sister. I remember when I took my shahada, it is very exciting. Some advice is to not get overwelmed and just take things one step at a time.
Masalam:hijabi:

Kayote

Salam

Masha'Allah its wonderful to know that you have accepted the truth.

As you have given the oppportunity, Im sure I speak for many other members here who would love to hear your story of how you discovered Islam.

WaAliekum Assalam

Assalamo Alaikoum
Praise to Allah that you revert to Islam. Lhamdo li Allah.
May Allah help you and your family. Ameen
Wa Alaikoum Assalam wa Rahmato Allah wa Barakatuh

T

TearfulEyes

I cant help the tears in my eyes when I hear someone uttering his/her Shahada. The feeling of joy overwhemls me.

May Allah guide you to the strait path in this life and reward you with Paradise in the hearafter.

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

Masha'Allah, thanks and praises be to Allah (swt) who has opened your heart for Islam sister. This is definitely the most precious gift He has given to you, for this is the way to Jannah insha'Allah.

Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar, Allahu Akbar.:jumpclap:

MeLissa

My reversion story....

Salaam all,

I would like to give you a brief history on the path to my reversion. I say brief, because some details are personal and may lead to back biting.

I was born into the Mormon faith. I never really felt comfortable in the religion and told my mother at a young age that I couldn't wait to escape it. The Mormon's have their own book called "The Book Of Mormon". In it, their "prophet" issues a challenge to whoever reads it. He says, if you want to know if this is the true relsion, pray every night to god and he will give you an answer. I was 12 when I took on this challenge. I prayed off and on for almost a year and felt that I had never recieved an answer. That's when I turned my back on the relgion. I was hanging out with the wrong type of friends and doing things that I knew were blatantly against the religion as a way to get back at it.

At the age of 16 I chose to move across the country from Oregon to Virginia as a way to get out from under the thumb of the religion in my mother's house. I moved in with my father who is also a Mormon but doesn't practice the religion. I fell into the foibles of teendom soon after I moved. I didn't know my father very well, so I moved in kind of like a room mate. I worked, paid rent, and was left to my own devices. I never got into drugs, but I did drink and fall into the other problems that most teens face when left alone with member's of the opposite gender. I was still very young and ran with my new found freedom.

After moving I did make a few Muslim friends, but I knew nothing of the relgion and never bothered to ask. I just remember being irratated when one came over for Thanksgiving and I had to wait with him to eat until after sundown because it was Ramadan.

I met my now husband when I was 18. We actually began our current relationship when I was 19. He never forced relgion on me and wouldn't even talk to me about it unless I brought the topic up first. I had studied other religions, but still had never really spent any time getting to know about Islam. I ws claiming myself to be Agnostic. I believed in God, but that was as far as I would take it. To me religion was a hoax as a way to control society on the whims of the religous leaders and I wanted no part of it. The Mormon teachings of my childhood always stuck with me and I would feel bad after some misdeeds and reflect on them. Though I knew that the relgion was wrong and misguided.

Until this past Ramadan my husband was not a fully practicing Muslim, but he would talk to me about the religion and it made sense to me what he would say. Though I knew that I still wasn't ready to accept religion in my life. When he starting practicing, something clicked in me, I knew that the feeling of peace and calm were what I was missing in my life and longing for.

I started doing research on my own and told him very little of what I was doing. I didn't want to feel even the slightest bit of pressure to accept Islam, I wanted it to be of my own accord and I wanted to know that I was doing it for me and no one else. I started really researching Islam at the end of September, and by the end of October I knew that this was the path for me.

I chose my birthday to say my Shahada for a number of reasons. The most prominent though is because it is my day of birth and reverting to Islam is like being reborn.

I hope that this has helped all of you get to know me a little better. Insha Allah I will have many opportunities to get to know many of you and learn from all of you.

Salaam,
MeLissa :hijabi:

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

Masha'Allah sister, you searched for the truth and Allah (swt) has shown His mercy to you and you found the path.
That is one of the reasons most most people are findin Islam by searching for the truth, no matter where they search, when they find Islam and learn about it their heart finaly finds rest in. Masha'Allah, and it is a fact that mostly intelegent people come to Islam, by just searching.
I also would give the wise advice as did Iman27, take it step by step.

Wassalaam.

brighten

seeker of knowledge

Welcome sis and thanks to Allah for his blessings of Islam onto you. May he keep you steadfast in our religion. May Allah bless your heart and soul.

wassalam.

Umrahma

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wabarakatahu

MashaAllah congratulations sister, I took my shahada 6yrs ago. It was the best thing I have ever done in my life.

Mohamed's wife

Muslim for life
:salam2: :hijabi:
:ma: :hearts: I am so happy for you, made me cry :muslim_child: :ma: May Allah bless your soul.:hijabi: Take step by step like they said. I think of it as "cookies". Too much of it can give tummyache. take a "cookie" a day:hijabi: So happy for you:muslim_child: :ma: :jumpclap:
:wasalam:

Hajar

Staff member
Assalamu alaykum sister,

MashaAllah im soo happy for you! :hijabi:

InshaAllah you will have a benificial stay here!! If you have any questions please don't hasitate to ask. :):hearts:

Wasalaam,

Hajar

shama

:salam2: sister melissa
ALHAMDULILLAH TO HEAR SOMEONE ELSE HAS COME INTO ISLAM MAY ALLAH GUIDE YOU TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS BEAUTIFUL RELIGION.
SO WELSOME TO ISLAM!!!