Shahadah??

amyco

Salams,

I have been interested in Islam for a long time now, having come from a non-religious background it has taken me time to accept certain aspects of Islam, and before i had no real belief in anything,not that i was atheist. However since learning about Islam I believe in Alllah, and believe that Muhammad, pbuh, is the prophet. I also would like to wear hijab, and have already changed my clothing to be more modest, although it has been hard, as i am english and live in Spain (hot hot hot). The only aspect of Islam that i struggle with is the hereafter, i dont know why...but as i believe in Allah, and Muhammad pbuh, am i able to take my Shahadah and start praying etc, and just learn more gradually.

Thanks for any help, :SMILY128:

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
:):salam2:(asalamu alykum)

Alhamdulilah! praise be to Allah.

Shahadah

The Shahadah is the first pillar of Islam. Shahadah is the declaration that there is no god but Allah and Prophet Muhammad, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, is the Messenger of Allah.

Tawheed:

The first part of the Shahadah, that there is no god but Allah attests the Oneness of Allah. There are numerous verses in the Qur'an about Tawheed or the Oneness of Allah.

In the first surah of the Qur'an it says:

"You alone do we worship, and You alone do we ask for help."

Similarly, the Qur'an also states:

"Worship Allah and join no partner with Him." [An-Nisaa 4:36]

The most summarizing expression is in Surah Ikhlas:

"Say, He is Allah, the One. The eternally besought by all. He begetteth not, nor was He begotten. And there is no one comparable to Him." [Al-Ikhlas 112:1-4]

Associating partners with Allah is called Shirk. Shirk is not only the worship of idols, but also offering prayers or supplications to anyone, living or dead, believing that they hold the same attribute as Him. The Qur'an considers Shirk as an unpardonable sin. It says:

"Allah forgives not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgives anything else to whom He pleases; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin most evil indeed." [An-Nisaa 4:48]

"What! Shall I seek for you as god other than Allah, while He has given you superiority over all creations." [Al-An'am 7:14]

The Holy Prophet, Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam, is reported to have said:

"Shirk is the greatest of all sins."

take ur first step of the five pillars of islam:)
www.convertingtoislam.com
wasalam:hijabi:

jaffarabduraheem

Not afraid of you.
Asalaamu alaykum sister,

It's fantastic that you've taken an interest in Islam and have already begun to allow the religion of Allah to change your life for the better. It would be best for you to take the shahadah as soon as possible and establish the prayers. No Muslim is expected to know everything immediately as there is enough information in Islam to keep the interested learning for life. The important thing is that when right guidance comes to you that you follow it as it will make Allah pleased with you.

May Allah increase your iman (faith) and welcome to our family sister!

malak_ana999

salam alekoum sister,

sure sister you can take your shahada and start praying and then everything comes step by step you can't do everything in oneday & thats what am doing right now.it will not take alot of time but better than doing everything in a second

salam to all

rabie04

Congragulation sister!
Allah will give you the eternal paradise ! because you followed the truth the Islam and Shahada is just a door to enter to the kingdum of islam!
and after the death this shahada will be your key of the paradise ! INCHA ALLAH !

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

I urge you to take the shahaadah, there is no reason not to since you believe in the tenents of Islaam. There is nothing wrong with gradual steps, it is how mankind in general progresses. You are not expected to say the shahaadah and then all of a sudden, automatically do everything Islaam commands and leave off everything prohibited, since you are only human and not a robot. The companions may Allaah be pleased with them, they went through the same conditioning; their faith increased in strengh with time. As an example, look at the position of alcohol in Islaam. It was never forbidden in the first 13 years or so of the Prophet Muhammad's, sall-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam, mission. The first revelations on alcohol mentioned how though it may be beneficial, its harms are worse. So the Muslims were aware of this and cut back on alcohol. At a later stage, a verse was revealed prohibiting people from attending prayer whilst drunk. So now the Muslims had to abstain from alcohol at prayer times. Then eventually, after the companions migrated to Madinah and the Muslims were stronger in not just their faith but also their strength, a verse was revealed prohibiting the consumption of alcohol. Hence it became very easy for them to give up, and so you found the people pouring all their liquor out on the streets of madeenah, such that it was said that the streets were flowing with rivers of wine.

So don't think that because you're learning gradually that there is something wrong, this is normal. The important thing is that you try with sincerity, even if you take things little by little. I'm sure most of us are the same in that regard, we learn according to what we are able to take within a day, considering our time, other obligations etc. So don't be put off thinking that gradual learning is problematic.

Hope it helps.

islamservant

Egyptian sister