shaitan has family?

muhammadin

salam alaykum

i was just wondering about this question since last few days. i thot to share wid you ppl

yesterday i was talking to my lil bro about how shaitan misguides us and destructs our mind. he was listening me n suddenly he asked me.. "shaitan is alone n see, how many ppl r there on earth. how can one shaitan lead on them? or shaitan has a family? and if yes then do there exist female shaitan? or they take help of jinn to tease ppl?"

and i was like.. i have never thot abt it!

anyone of u have answer!!!??

nblueblaze

A Brother
salam alaykum

i was just wondering about this question since last few days. i thot to share wid you ppl

yesterday i was talking to my lil bro about how shaitan misguides us and destructs our mind. he was listening me n suddenly he asked me.. "shaitan is alone n see, how many ppl r there on earth. how can one shaitan lead on them? or shaitan has a family? and if yes then do there exist female shaitan? or they take help of jinn to tease ppl?"

and i was like.. i have never thot abt it!

anyone of u have answer!!!??
good question. If I am not mistaken, Satan doesnt have family; but he has numerous followers (dead & living nonbelievers). He and his followers terrorise muslims every moment in this earth.

regarding how come satan being a single fellow able to antagonize/terrorise/inflict pain on billions wordwide....well its a kind of special power which Allah(swt) has granted to him as reward for his devotion towards Allah before becoming satan.

And Allah knows the best...

Jazak-Ahhahu Khairun.

Learning_19

Bismillaah.

Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

Shaytan (Ibless) has no family. He has his soldiers from the living (i.e. jinn and the human) but from NOT the dead helping him to spread evil around the world. Impossible for him to have his followers from the dead. Also he can have his followers from the muslims to the non muslims...it is not restricted to non muslims only.

Ibless (shaytaan) made it clear when he was expelled from Jannah, Allaah said Ibless said:
'' By Your Might, I will surely mislead them all. Except, among them, Your chosen servants.'' [Surah Saad (38) 82-83]

Shaytaan said ''By Your Might and Your Majesty I will not cease from misleading Bani Aadam as long as their souls are in their bodies.''
Reported in Sahee ul-Jami (1646)
So clearly as you can see ibless can not have any followers after death.

Shaytaan has been given respite until end of time to do as he pleases, he is a test for mankind from Allaah (The All Wise). So whoever follows him will entre the fire and whoever saves himself from falling in to his trap then in sha Allaah he is saved.
Allaah (The Most High) says: ''Shaytaan has overcome them and made them forget the remembrance of Allaah. Those are the party of of Shaytaan. Unquestionably, the party of Shaytaan-they will be the losers.''
[Surah al-Mujaadilah (58):19]

Shaytaan is the one who begins the battlefield himself and positioned his throne upon water, then he sends out his allies to cause mischief on earth, to lead us astray. He is the most vehement in his misguiding of Bani Aadam.

Shaytaan does not sleep. He vowed himself to do evil, he is not fatigued by his attacks upon us at all moments. So there is no leniency upon the battlefield with him. It's a vicious battlefield between us and the shaytaan, and it will not end until Allaah establishes the Hour.

Shaytaan whispers to us to do bad, but has no power over us if we turn to Allaah. Allaah The Most High says:
''Say: ''I seek refuge with (Allaah) the Lord of mankind, The King of Mankind - The Ilah (God) of mankind, From the evil of the whispers (devil who whispers evil in the heart of men) who withdraws (from his whispering in one's heart after one remembers Allaah. [Suran An-Nas:1-4]

We should all seek refuge in Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan and seek protection with Allaah so that He preserves us.

May Allaah forgive me if I have said anything wrong.

Was-salaamu alaykum.

Ibn_Syena

Peace...
As Salamu Alekum dear brother

Please read the following verse from Qura'n (Al - 'Araf 7:27):
{O Children of Adam! Let not Shaitân (Satan) deceive you, as he got your parents (adam and Hawwâ' (Eve)) out of Paradise, stripping them of their raiments, to show them their private parts. Verily, he and Qabîluhu (his soldiers from the jinn or his tribe) see you from where you cannot see them. Verily, We made the Shayâtîn (devils) Auliyâ' (protectors and helpers) for those who believe not}

Also have a look at the following Hadiths (All from sahih muslim) :
* Jabir reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: "Iblis places his throne upon water; he then sends detachments/expeditions (for creating dissension); the nearer to him in tank are those who are most notorious in creating dissension. One of them comes and says: I did so and so. And he says: You have done nothing. Then one amongst them comes and says: I did not spare so and so until I sowed the seed of discord between a husband and a wife. The Satan goes near him and says: 'You have done well. A'mash said: He then embraces him. " (Book 39, Number 6755)
* Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: "There is none amongst you with whom is not an attache from amongst the devil. They (the Companions) said: Allah's Messenger, with you too? Thereupon he said: Yes, but Allah helps me against him and so I am safe from his hand and he does not command me but for good. " (Book 39, Number 6757)

I hope this could shed some light on the answer, in chaa' Allah
Wassalamu Alekum

Muhammad

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
good question. If I am not mistaken, Satan doesnt have family; but he has numerous followers (dead & living nonbelievers). He and his followers terrorise muslims every moment in this earth.

regarding how come satan being a single fellow able to antagonize/terrorise/inflict pain on billions wordwide....well its a kind of special power which Allah(swt) has granted to him as reward for his devotion towards Allah before becoming satan.

And Allah knows the best...

Jazak-Ahhahu Khairun.

salam aleikum

....well its a kind of special power which Allah(swt) has granted to him as reward for his devotion towards Allah before becoming satan.
Brother can u back up this information with hadith or something
Jazakallah khair

waaleikum salam