SHAITAN'S DESIRES AND YOUR COMBAT KIT

sister amina

MEMORISING THE QURAN

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU SEE YOURSELF ACTING ON SHAITAN'S DESIRES by Muhammed Bilal Lakhani
''And if an evil whisper comes to you from shaitan, then seek refuge with allah he is the all hearer,the all knower.
Verily,those who are al muttaqun,when an evil thought comes to them from shaitan,they remember(allah) and indeed they then see(aright).''(7:200,201)
In order to stop somebody from cotrolling your life you must understand how the person operates.Shaitan knows that he can't make a muslim commit major sins at will,so he stsrts by telling us to commit smaller sins,until our resistance to these sins drops.Then he tells us to commit a bigger sin,which in fact looks like a smaller sin at the time,Shaitan continues this until we start commiting major sins.Shaitan works by causing us to doubt our beliefs and makes us either too negligent or too over zealous about our religion,depending on what's easier for him.If you have been experiencing any of the following thoughts,then Shaitan has made good headway in your body and you have begun to act on his desires:
*I'll start praying in the mosque 5 times a day after I finish my exams(OR EVEN WORSE,AFTER I COME BACK FROM MY SUMMER VACATION)
*I can afford to miss fajr today.(i prayed yesterday)
*I will pray right after this TV program finishes.(you just choose a bunch of actors over GOD)
*This isn't a lie/it won't hurt anyone/it's only a joke/I'll just do it this one time only.
So now if you find yourself as a pawn in Shaitan's game,what are you to do?Well the answer is in the verses quoted in the begining.
When you get that tinge ,that push from shaitan telling you to do something wrong that seems fun or easy at the time but deep inside you know it's wrong for you to do,the first thing you must do is go straight to the part of the house where you keep the quran,or go to a mosque,get hold of a copy of the quran and start reciting the quranas much as you can until you are able to exert some sort of control over the desires created by shaitan.
TIP OF A LIFETIME
One way in which you can seek refuge with allah from shaitan is by reciting the last two chapters of the quran namely Surat Al Flaq and Surat Al Naas.
LAST WORD
Shaitan works in mysterious ways and to combat him we must seek refuge with allah by remembering him,i.e.,by doing dhikr of allah,and one of the best ways of doing dhir is by reading quran and praying and fasting voluntarily.
I hope that this will benefit you all inshallah.don't forget to comment as this my first post on this site.wassalamualaikum warahmatullahi
wabarakatuhu:hearts:

ayesha_r

Muslimah
:salam2:
jazakallah sister fro sharing this. I found it very helpful.May ALLAH protect us from shaytan and his whispers.Ameen
:wasalam:

Kakorot

baraka Allaahu fek, may Allaah be pleased with you ameen, please make du'a for me, jazzakhallaah.

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
:ma: jazakallah 4 the advice its benificial
May Allah swt protect us from All evil,
keep us away from shaythaan & his whispers
and make us among the righteous inshallah
Ameen
take care
:wasalam:

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
A'salam alaikum wa'ra. wa'ba.!

Very useful information, Al- Nas and A-Falaq are beautiful, presently I'm learning al-falaq, almost clear in my mind. I try to learn short suras at: http://www.mounthira.com the best way for non-arabic people to learn it.

Thank you sister:)

A'salam alaikum wa'ra. wa'ba.!