Allahu Akbar! Shaykh Al Albani Wishing He Was A Millionaire. Kindness Story

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Al-Albaani wishing he was a millionaire …

“A man who was sick and whose treatment was by way of injections came [to the Shaikh], one of these injections would cost twenty dinars and he needed fifteen of them. So the Shaikh asked me [Muhammad al-Khateeb] to go to his house and confirm the correctness of what he had said. When we came to know that what he had said was true, the Shaikh gave me some money and we bought the injections for him.
When I had intended to build a house I needed [to borrow] some money. So I knocked many doors [i.e., asked a lot of people], but I did not come across anything. Then I remembered a rich man who the Shaikh knew so I said to the Shaikh’s wife,‘Maybe you could ask the Shaikh to intercede on my behalf with the man so that he might lend me [what I need].’
The next day while I was sitting at my desk the Shaikh said to me, ‘O Muhammad! You want me to intercede on your behalf with so and so to lend you some money?’
So I said, ‘Yes.’
He said, ‘I am closer to you than him. I will give you what you want.’ So I cried and said, ‘Our Shaikh! May Allaah reward you with good.’ But, by Allaah, it never occurred to me that I would get what I needed from the Shaikh …
Then when he gave the money he said, ‘This is a gift of a thousand dinars which are not included [in the loan].’So I cried a second time, may Allaah reward him with abundant good and may He, the Most High, have mercy on him.

Another story that occurred recently was when the Shaikh was in hospital and a woman came to him complaining about the fact that she had fallen prey to the banks. She had borrowed nine thousand dinars from one of them and then the amount she owed began to multiply due to interest.
She came to the Shaikh appealing to him to help rid herself of this problem.
So the Shaikh, as was usual, asked me to verify the facts. After I did so and was sure of the truthfulness of the woman he agreed to loan her seven thousand dinars.
The lady came along with her children and the Shaikh said, ‘Here is a thousand dinars as a gift, and here is the other amount that you requested.’ So the lady was delighted as were her children and they supplicated for the Shaikh and I did too. The lady asked Allaah to reward the Shaikh with good.
Then the Shaikh looked at us and said, ‘O brothers, by Allaah, truly I wish that I become a millionaire so that I can take thousands more women like this one out of the shackles of interest.’

Al-Imaam, al-Mujaddid, al-Allaamah, al-Muhaddith, Muhammad Naasirud-Deen al-Albaani, pp. 62-63.