Shaykh Mubarakpuri Passes Away (Author of Ar-Rahiq al-Makhtum (The Sealed Nectar))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

May be many of you already know...but I just found out

Today after Salat al-'Asr, it was reported by Jamia Salafia - Banaras, India, that the Shaykh, al-'Allamah Safi ur-Rahman Mubarakpuri passed away today in Mubarakpur, India, after Salatul-Jumu'ah - Indian time roughly 2.00-2.30 pm.
The Shaykh was known as one of the Major Salafi Scholars of India and his defence for the Sunnah and warning against Ahlul-Bid'ah.

The Shaykh has a number of beneficial works in print, his most famous book being Ar-Rahiq al-Makhtum (The Sealed Nectar) and the summary of the Tafsir of Ibn Kathir published by Darussalam Publishers in Riyadh where he was a resident Scholar authenticating works prior to their publication.

We ask you all to remember the Shaykh in your prayers and we ask Allah, the Most High, to cleanse the Shaykh of his sins and reward him with al-Firdaus, amin.
(Source: Fatwa-Online)

Author of the award winning Seerah book Ar-Rahiq al-Makhtum (The Sealed Nectar)

Please remeber him in your duas

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

Inna Lilahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajioon.

I have met him, Alhamdulillah. Do you know how he died?
May Allah give him Jannatul Firdaus.

( this happened a month ago?)

The Sealed Nectar (Arabic: al-Raheeq Al-Makhtum) is an authoritative and popular biography of the Prophet Muhammad:saw:, written by Shaikh Saifur Rahman al-Mubarakpuri. It was awarded first prize by the Muslim World League following a world-wide competition for a book on the life of the Prophet in 1979 CE (1399 AH).

Please See Attachment for this notable book

pdf.gif
Ar-Raheeq_Al-Makhtum.pdf (851.0 KB)

-----------------------
Short Bio of Safiur Rahman Mubarakpuri (rahimullah - b.1360AH/1942CE - d.1427AH/2006CE) )
Birth
His name was Abu Hashim Safiur Rahman bin ‘Abdullah bin Muhammad Akbar bin Muhammad ‘Ali bin ‘Abdul-Mu’min bin Faqirullah al Mubarakpuri al Azami. He was born in the year 1942 corresponding to 1360 AH in Husainabad , a village one mile deep to the north side of Mubarakpur (Azamgarh District).​
Education, Teaching, and Writings
He started his studies at home with the Qur’aan from his grandfather and uncle. Then started his studies in Arabic and Persian after being admitted to Madrasah Arabia Dar ut Ta’leem in Mubarakpur. Then moved onto Madrasah Ihyaaul Uloom in Mubarakpur after being admitted there in 1954CE/1373AH. Two years after that he joined Madrasah Faid Aam in Munath Bhanjan in Azamgarg District for further studies. Upon completion of his 7 years of studies, he acquired the Fadilat degree and passed multiple exams to receive the Maulvi and Alim Certification.
Shaykh Safiur Rahman (rahimullah) then went onto teach for the next 28 years in various Universities, Madarahs, and schools in India until he was offered a position at the Islamic University of alMadinah alMunawwarah at “The Center for the Services of the Prophet:)saw:)’s Biography” and was entrusted with the job of preparing an encyclopedia on the subject of the life history of the Noble Prophet :)saw:).
The shaykh put his efforts in writing many books of those that I know are available in English are the following:
The Sealed Nectar
When the Moon Split
History of Makkah alMukarramah
History of Medinah alMunawwarah
Abridged Tafsir Ibn Kathir
May Allaah :)saw:) have Mercy on the Shaykh and Forgive his sins.​

wasalam

Attachments

• Ar-Raheeq_Al-Makhtum.pdf
    851 KB · Views: 181

samiha

---------
Staff member
assalamu alaykum.

Inna lillahi wa inna illayhi rajioon...

Truly To Allah we Belong and to Him we Return...

May Allah Grant Him Paradise... :(

wassalam.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

I looked up a bit on this...

Shayk Mubarakpuri Died:

December 1st, 2006

11 Dhul Qadah 1427

bit old news... dunno why more ppl don't know about it!

Here is a writing by one of his students...

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

All praise is due to Allah, the Living, the Maintaining, Lord of the worlds, and may He mention , and send peace upon His Messenger Muhammad (sall Allahu `alaihi wa sallam)

I can narrate to you from Shaykh Safiur-Rahman al-Mubarakpuri, may Allah have mercy with him and expand his abode, with his chain, reaching to Imam al-Bukhari, with his chain reaching to `Urwah, from `Abdullah bin `Amr bin al-`Aas, that Allah’s Messenger (sall Allahu `alaihi wa sallam) said:

“Allah does not take away the knowledge by taking it from the people, but He takes it away by the death of the knowledgeable ones, until no knowledgeable one remains, then the people will take ignorant persons as their leaders, they will ask them, and they will give them fatwas without knowledge - and in one version: “according to their opinions” - so they will go astray and lead others astray.”

Al-Bukhari reported this hadith, in no. 100 of his Sahih, in the Book of Knowledge, and with the different wording, in number 7307 of his Sahih, in the Book of Holding Fast to the Book and the Sunnah.

After the deaths of such important scholars of our era, Shaykh `Abdul-`Aziz bin Baz, Shaykh Muhammad Nasir ad-Deen al-Albani, Shaykh Muhammad bin Salih al-`Uthaymeen, Shaykh Muqbil bin Hadi al-Wad`i, and others, may Allah have mercy upon them, Our Lord - Exalted is He - has taken another of our Shaykhs, Shaykh Safiur-Rahman al-Mubarakpuri, may Allah have mercy with him and expand his abode.

And as I have said to many of those who know me before, we are living between two eras, where many of us have seen, learned from, and spent time with these scholars, and then an era when they are no longer with us.

Abu Hishaam, Safiur-Rahmaan bin `Abdullah bin Muhammad Akbar bin Muhammad `Ali bin `Abdul-Mun`im bin Faqeerullah al-Mubarakpuri al-`Azami, was born, may Allah have mercy upon him near the year 1361, as he himself wrote about himself, that he was born in the middle of 1942 in the village of Husainabad near Mubarakpur.

Shaykh Safiur-Rahman heard from a number of prominent Shaykhs and scholars. Among the most prominent the grand Shaykh Abul-Hasan `Ubaidullah ar-Rahmaani al-Mubarakpuri, may Allah have mercy upon him, author of “Mir`aat al-Mafateeh Sharh Mishkaat al-Masaabeeh.”

Shaykh Safiur-Rahman, may Allah have mercy upon him, has mentioned these shaykhs he heard from in his commentary on Sahih Muslim, “Minnat al-Mun`im fi Sharh Sahih Muslim.”

The Shaykh had been suffering with problems, on and off sometimes worse than others, for a number of years now.

And today we learned that the Shaykh has passed away and we ask Allah have mercy on him and expand his abode, grant him Paradise, and raise his rank, and to send salah, salam, and blessings upon the family of the Shaykh.

was-salamu `alaykum

Abu Khaliyl

wassalam

talibulislam

such great scholor

innalillahiwainnaliyharadewoon,his contribution is so great that we can never forget him now & our coming generation,may allah give him ajer & jaza & his family a great saber for this great loss insh'allah

hambaAllah

:bismillah:

انا لله وانا اليه راجعون
inna lillahi wa inna Ilahi rajioon
:tti_sister: Allah swt grant him paradise,, ameen Ya rabba alameen

:wasalam: :hijabi:

Kayote

I will copy Mabsoot's:

Inna Lilahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Rajioon.

may Allah grant him peace and tranquility after this life.

:wasalam:

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
انا لله و انا الیه راجعون
May allah grant him jannah. It is sad that alot of people like myself don't even know who he was until I saw this thread just a while ago.
Barakallah for bringing this up again because I had the apportunity to download the beautiful book "Al-Raheeq Al-Makhtum"

Wassalam

undacova

Inna lilahi wa inna ilahi rajiun...

i hav the book "the sealed nectar", amazing book mashallah..i recomend any1 to read it, its a comprehensive autobiography of the prophet Muhammed (saw). the book was awarded first prize by the Muslim World League at worldwide competition.

may Allah have mercy on his soul and grant him paradise...ameen.

Hajar

Staff member
AsSalaamu Alaykum,

SubhanAllah... Ameen to the Duas

Innaa Lillaah wa Innaa Ilayhi Raa'jiuun!!!

Wasalam

كُلُّ نَفْسٍ ذَائِقَةُ الْمَوْتِ ثُمَّ إِلَيْنَا تُرْجَعُونَ

Every soul must taste of death, then to Us you shall be brought back.

Surah N°29 the Spider (al-Ankabut) verse n°57.

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return

Surah N°2 The Cow (al-Baqqarah) verse n° 156

Status
Not open for further replies.