shia as friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
assalamualaikum...wat is the ruling on having shia as friends....i mean u know they swear at the companions of the prophet pbuh so r we allowed to have shia friends?.....plz gimme a ruling then lock it down or watever

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
The wives of the Prophet, sal-Allaahu `alayhi wasallam have been described as the mother of the believers in the Qur'aan. The extreme Shi`a (the Raafidees) curse them, slander them and abuse them. Would you consider someone who attacks your 'mother' and take them as your friend?

If I lived in a Muslim country then I don't even think I would have dialogue with them. However living as a minority (us Muslims) I do talk to some, but if I know or hear that they are Raafidees, and curse the companions, or say the Qur'aan is incomplete, then I would leave them straight. One I know said to me he doesn't support what has been said about companions, in fact when I first met him I thought he was a staunch sunni due to some of his opinions (he had no idea about my `aqeedah). But like I said for the extreme ones, then I wouldn't even risk taking them as friends.

You should see the arguments they have at my uni! Even the non-Muslims who run the student union have had to remove some of their material due to its content lol. Me and some brothers have spoken to them and have witnessed the truth that decepetion is 9 parts of their faith, it says it in their books, some shi`a speakers said it during uni lectures and commonfolk in my uni have used it.

One time a girl tried to deny that they extend the shahaadah. "We don't change the shahaadah, see 'Laa ilaaha Ila Allaah, Muhammad ar-Rasoolullaah wa..." then her face dropped in confusion and shock after realising she had just started to extend it lol! That makes me laugh every time I'm reminded of it. Be careful... give da`wah IF you are able but more importantly you should guard yourself. Alhamdulillaah, I know some who have come to and accepted the sunnah.

q8penpals

Salam

My husband and his family are Shia and they are some of the most devote Muslims I know. Kuwait has about 35% of the Muslims are Shia, and about half the kids at my school are Shia.

That is why I get so offended when people say that Shias aren't Muslim - it is like you are slandering my in-laws, my husband, my students, and many friends of mine in Kuwait. I have never heard anyone slander any member of the Prophet's family, I have only known of very few who hurt themselves (like seen on CNN in Karbala, Iraq), and, on a daily basis, the only noticeable difference is the praying with arms down instead of across stomach.

To become a Muslim, all I had to do was profess that God is the only God and that Prophet Mohammad is the messenger of God. Shias believe that, so they must be Muslim. You may say they are misguided Muslims if you believe that, but they are Muslim.

Lana

abou haytam

Salam

I have never heard anyone slander any member of the Prophet's family, I have only known of very few who hurt themselves (like seen on CNN in Karbala, Iraq), and, on a daily basis, the only noticeable difference is the praying with arms down instead of across stomach.

salam sister;

If your hasband beleive in 12 imams then ask him what he think about Abu bakr and umar and uthman and the prophet (pbuh) wives , then you will heard what we are talking about.

check those link sister;

An Ismaili is asking about the differences between us and them

Question:

The suni mulsim was RESITING QURAN we are also resiting quran they are also reasiting ead namaz we are also we are also reasiting ead namaz and etc. THEN WHY WE HAVE TWO RELIGIOUS SHIA & SUNI

Answer:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=7974&ln=eng&txt=الشيعة

abou haytam

assalamualaikum...wat is the ruling on having shia as friends....i mean u know they swear at the companions of the prophet pbuh so r we allowed to have shia friends?.....plz gimme a ruling then lock it down or watever

Greeting the Shi’ah first

Question:

What is the ruling on greeting a Shi’i first with salaam? Especially since I mix with them a great deal and they do not proclaim their beliefs openly or slander (the Sahaabah) etc.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

What we say about interacting with the Shi’ah depends on the situation. The innovated beliefs of the Shi’ah vary. If it is something that does not put them beyond the pale of Islam, but is rather regarded as drifting away from the right path, such as their claiming to be devoted to Ahl al-Bayt (the family of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)), then it is permissible to greet them first, because they are Muslims who have committed acts of innovation and sin that do not put them beyond the pale of Islam, and we have to advise them and direct them towards the Sunnah and the truth, and warn them against innovation and sin. If they follow right guidance and accept advice, then praise be to Allaah, for this is what we want. But if they persist in following innovation, then they should be forsaken until they repent to Allaah and give up their innovations and evil ways, because this is a kind of punishment for them. If something good can be achieved by means of this forsaking, or something bad warded off, then it is prescribed in sharee’ah, but if this forsaking will result in something that will increase the evil caused by their innovations, then it is not prescribed.

If you think that not forsaking them will serve a greater interest and that mixing with them and advising them is more useful in opening their hearts to true religion, then there is nothing wrong with not forsaking them, because the aim behind forsaking them is to direct them to the right way and to make them feel that we do not approve of their ways, so that they may come back to true Islam.

If forsaking them will harm the Muslims’ interests and make them cling more firmly to their false ways and put them off the truth, then it is better not to do that, just as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not forsake ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Ubayy ibn Salool, the leader of the hypocrites, because not forsaking him was more in the interests of the Muslims.

But if their bid’ah constitutes kufr, such as cursing the Sahaabah and exaggerating about ‘Ali and Faatimah and al-Hasan and al-Husayn (may Allaah be pleased with them), and they pray to them and seek their help and ask them for support and so on, or their belief that they have knowledge of the unseen etc, which means that they are beyond the pale of Islam, then in this case it is not permissible to greet them first or to befriend them or to eat meat slaughtered by them. Rather we must hate them and disavow ourselves of them, until they believe in Allaah alone, because in this case they are kaafirs and apostates. See Majmoo’ Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam, 28/216-217; Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn Baaz, 4/262-263

It should be noted here that it is not permissible to greet a kaafir first in general terms, such as saying Ahlan wa sahlan (welcome) and so on, because that involves honouring them and venerating them, and the Muslim is higher in status before Allaah, so we should not greet them first. But if they say that to us then we may greet them in the same manner as they greeted us, because Islam is the religion of justice that came to give each person his rights.

Al-Majmoo’ al-Thameen min Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 1/48

see also : Detailed discussion of bid’ah and shirk

abou haytam

Information about the Shi’ah

Question:

We are in urgent need of information about the differences between the Sunnis and Shi’is. We hope that you can explain something about their beliefs?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The Shi’ah have many sects. Some of them are kaafirs who worship ‘Ali and call upon him, and they worship Faatimah, al-Husayn and others. Some of them say that Jibreel (peace be upon him) betrayed the trust and the Prophethood belonged to ‘Ali, not to Muhammad. There are also others among them, such as the Imamiyyah – the Raafidi Ithna ‘Ashari – who worship ‘Ali and say that their imams are better than the angels and Prophets.

There are many groups among them; some are kaafirs and some are not kaafirs. The mildest among them are those who say that ‘Ali was better than the three (Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan). The one who says this is not a kaafir but he is mistaken, because ‘Ali was the fourth, and Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan were better than him. If a person prefers him over them then he is erring and is going against the consensus of the Sahaabah, but he is not a kaafir. The Shi’ah are of different levels and types. The one who wants to know more about that may refer to the books of the scholars, such as al-Khutoot al-‘Areedah by Muhibb al-Deen al-Khateeb [available in English under the same title, translated by Abu Ameenah Bilaal Philips], Manhaaj al-Sunnah by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, and other books that have been written on this topic, such as al-Shi’ah wa’l-Sunnah by Ihsaan Ilaahi Zaheer [also available in English translation] and many other books which explain their errors and evils – we ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

Among the most evil of them are the Imamis, Ithna ‘Asharis and Nusayris, who are called al-Raafidah because they rejected (rafadu) Zayd ibn ‘Ali when he refused to disavow the two Shaykhs Abu Bakr and ‘Umar, so they went against him and rejected him. Not everyone who claims to be a Muslim can be accepted as such. If a person claims to be a Muslim, his claim should be examined. The one who worships Allaah alone and believes in His Messenger, and follows that which he brought, is a real Muslim. If a person claims to be a Muslim but he worships Faatimah or al-Badawi or al-‘Aydaroos or anyone else, then he is not a Muslim. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound. Similarly, anyone who reviles the faith, or does not pray, even if he says that he is a Muslim, is not a Muslim. The same applies to anyone who mocks the faith or mocks the prayer or zakaah or fasting or Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), or who disbelieves in him, or says that he was ignorant or that he did not convey the message in full or convey the message clearly. All such people are kaafirs. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz (28/257).

kayagila

Salam

My husband and his family are Shia and they are some of the most devote Muslims I know. Kuwait has about 35% of the Muslims are Shia, and about half the kids at my school are Shia.

That is why I get so offended when people say that Shias aren't Muslim - it is like you are slandering my in-laws, my husband, my students, and many friends of mine in Kuwait. I have never heard anyone slander any member of the Prophet's family, I have only known of very few who hurt themselves (like seen on CNN in Karbala, Iraq), and, on a daily basis, the only noticeable difference is the praying with arms down instead of across stomach.

To become a Muslim, all I had to do was profess that God is the only God and that Prophet Mohammad is the messenger of God. Shias believe that, so they must be Muslim. You may say they are misguided Muslims if you believe that, but they are Muslim.

Lana

Please sister Lana don't be offended because you feel people are slandering the people you love at the end of the day you will be answering for your own deeds no one elses and if you think they are muslims then why aren't you a Shia

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

Allah tells us in the Quran:

"And (remember) the Day when the wrong-doer will bite his hands and say: Woe to me! Would that I had taken a path with the Messenger. Woe to me! If only I had not taken so- and-so as a friend! He has led me astray from this Reminder (the Qur'an) after it had come to me. And Satan is ever a deserter to man in the hour of need." [25:27-29]

Ask yourself, is such a friend worth it??

The Prophet :saw: said> "A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look at whom you befriend."(Abu Dawood and at-Tirmidhee)

The Prophet :saw: also said>
"The example of a good companion and a bad companion is like that of the seller of musk, and the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows. So as for the seller of musk then either he will grant you some, or you buy some from him, or at least you enjoy a pleasant smell from him. As for the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows then either he will burn your clothes or you will get an offensive smell from him." al-Bukhary and Muslim.

Having been to Lebanon a few times, I know how some of the Shia believe and think. We discussed several things.. mostly to do with the war and the evil group called Hezbshaitan, which wishes to establish an iranian style state of disbelief and oppression in Middle East. I did not really press them or argue, but a lot of what they said was very bad. They speak bad about other Muslims focussing on the Sunni Muslims.. oh and they enjoy throwing in the word "WAhabi" for good measure.

Obviously, many Sunni and Shia live together arond the world, without problems. Infact, they did so for a long time in places like Iraq etc.. It is totally unjustified for the people to be hurting each other, as we see in Iraq. That will not solve anything. We should try to live together in harmony as much as possible!! This is important. We give da'wah in nice way and speak in nice way to them. If indeed they have the evil beliefs that the Shia have, then we must walk away and not argue.

But, in terms of their beliefs there is a big difference.

The actual belief is very different to that of the Sunnis. I would correct brother Al-Kashmiri by saying it is not an extremist Shia (rafidah) belief, but one shared by the majority. The Majority not only dislike the Companions of the Prophet :saw: such as Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman, but they feel no love for them. They despise and slander them and many of the other Companions, including Aisha, the Mother of the believers.

Now, just because some of you might know some people who may be Shia and have never expressed these ideas, does not mean it is not there as part of the belief. - Often, like when i was around Shia they hide these beliefs, choosing when to reveal it and when not to. Mostly, they try to avoid confrontation on these issues, sometimes they do not.

Only a few days ago I had to remove one of the Rejectors, from this website due to his foul language and hate for Muslims.

I think in general you must be careful with whoever you make friends with. What matters most is our beliefs. If a person openly curses the Companions, openly does Shirk (such as them making supplication to their 12 "infallible" Imams) then we should not be friends with them.

It is a common misconception that people say the Muslims and the Shia have same Shahada or believe in One God in same way. This is not correct. Some of the Shia, like the Alevi believe Ali to be God... others like the Druze believe in Re-incarnation and in their own book and have their own Prophet.. The other Shia like the more common ones, associate partners with Allah and have other abhorant beliefs.

Tawheed is about worshipping Allah without associating any partners with him. When we say La ilaha ilallah. This means we single Allah out for worship. It is not allowed for us to call upon the Dead or upon various "Saints" or "Imams". You will often see Shia say Ya Ali madad (Oh Ali help me) or Ya Hussein.. etc. This is clear Shirk. Our Tawheed, is to single out Allah for worship, to single out Allah for his names and attributes too. This is Tawheed Asmaa wa Sifaat. - Something, that Shia do not do. For they ascribe certain things to their 12 Imams, which actually belong solely to Allah. - They believe the 12 Imams have ability to know future and past, to know the unseen and to be able to hear us when we pray to them. They believe their 12 Imams are not dead and so forth. Raising them to a higher status and thus entering into Shirk.

Even, you will see they have portraits made of Hussein (radhiyallahu anhu) which they display in their homes. This is somethin that is very common in plcaes like southern Iraq.

There are a lot of strange beliefs they have, depending on which of the shiite sects they are part of.

I have known Shia in the past, and what happened was that sooner or later we would get into a Religious discussion and it would just go down hill after that. hehe. In reality, we really should happen is that the Scholars and Leaders of all differing views sit down and come to the haq, the truth. -- But, I dont think this will happen.

Its difficult to explain things to Shia, because they dont believe in the same Islamic sources as us. For example the authentic and valubale Hadith of Bukhari and Muslim. This is due to their incorrect beliefs on the Companions and their reliance on their own strange books which are not based on anything but the words of their own imams and leaders.

One Key example is the issue of Mutah, temporary marriage. All Muslims are united together in condemning this practice. All Muslims know that the Prophet :saw: forbid it. There are hadith narrated by Ali (radhiyallahu anhu) that the Prophet :saw: forbid it. These hadith can be found in the major Hadith collections.

The Shia, however, reject this all. Infact, they openly do temporary marriages. Men marry women for a day or two .. do what married people do... and then divorce. They even have hotels with Imams carrying out such disgusting things.

--- and unfortunately, there have been new Muslim sisters, who were lured into Mutah relationships by Shia men over the internet. Astaghfirullah. Allah save us from such people.

Iran talks up temporary marriages
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6714885.stm
Iran's Interior Minister, Mostafa Pour-Mohammadi, has started promoting temporary marriage as a solution to the country's social problems....

Iran first started promoting temporary marriage as an alternative to living in sin 15 years ago. The then President, Hashemi Rafsanjani, said it was a way for men and women to satisfy their sexual needs...

Poor women who need financial support also do it.
These same people have the nerve to call our blessed and pious Aisha (radhiyallahu anha) mother of the believers ... "a whore" A'uzubillah. This is what they say!!! They accuse her of such horrible things and make false stories about her.. and they say similar things about many of our Companions. No person with ANY honour and love for Islam would be happy with such people.

Yet, in reality, it is their books full of lurid and disgusting stories. So much so, I would feel ashamed to write what their clerics and so called "Imams" say. They are disgusting!!

There are many such issues here, so in Religious terms it is not so good to be friends with them. If you know and love your Religion and follow it by the Quran and Sunnah with the understanding of the early Muslims... and they follow their twisted ideas, there will always be a clash.

wasalam.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Jazaak Allaah khayr for the clarification, and for correcting me. By extreme I meant, other than the Zaydees (in general).

One thing that I always say to myself when dealing with them is that lying is part of their religion, even if they reject it (taqiyyah/deception) you can't affirm that it's true! It's hard to have trust in one whose teachings state that the more devious of your aqeedah you are, the better you are im eemaan (as in their fundamental books of aqaa'id)!?

I personally myself will not take as a close frined. If i am in a shop of parfume, allthough i didn´t use any parfume people can smell something. Environment always effect on the nature of humanbeing. So a good friend circle is also importent for iman and nature.

ShyHijabi

Salaam,

I have a number of classmates who are Shia and basically treat them with respect unless they breech the the whole "speak poorly of the companions" thing. Some of the Shia are very kind and friendly and I have no problem with considering them a friend. However I did have a run-in with an Ismaili (sp?) Shia and frankly think those beliefs are pure kafir. Evidently they don't fast during Ramadan, treat some Imam as their "living prophet" and other such rubbish.

What is sad is that she is a very friendly girl and has tried to form a friendship with me. But I know that if we end up talking religion I will get angry at these false beliefs and say something stupid. So I maintain my distance and am very polite but that is all.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

sal12

Personally, I would still take shia's as friends just like i take non-muslims as friends. I don't like to say oh so and so is shia or so and so is not a muslim so I will not take them as friends.

If a shia and myself (im sunni) talk about the differences of the two we just discuss it and tell one another what each of us believes but I wouldn't make it into a debate. I mean it's just what they believe and if shias believe something that I don't agree with I wouldn't take it to heart too much. What's the point? It'll only lead to arguments and hostility thus making things worse and these are the reasons why there are divisions within the Muslim community! Shias still regard themselves as Muslims and right now Muslims need to stick together against zionists and those torturing our sunni and shia muslim brothers and sisters.

Some say u shouldnt talk to shias because they may confuse you and make u believe something which is not true but personally because I strongly believe that Abu Bakr was the first Caliph and because I have respect for the sahabaah and respect the Prophet's (sallallahu alayhi wassalam) wives, no one can change it and confuse me so that's not a reason to talk badly about shia's or judge them or worse not associate with them because they're still muslims! I'm educated enough to know not to believe everything u hear even if it is about Islam as researching thoroughly yourself would be much better!

I know there are a small minority of shias that talk badly about the Quran and stuff but even then, arguing with them about it or even debating really doesn't make people see or agree with ur point. The complete opposite occurs - stubbornness, anger, hostility - which all lead to the division between muslims! So in my opinion lets not put each other down, shia, sunni, whatever! Muslims are muslims!

There is a hadith I don't know it exactly but something like this; Allah will ask somebody on the D.O.J 'why didnt u listen to so and so when they warned u about Islam' and their reply would be 'because they were harsh to me.' This shows not to be harsh when teaching someone something about Islam even if they're not listening to u. If anyone knows the hadith properly then please correct it and I apologise if it's a weak hadith but I'm sure it's not.

Sorry for rambling on.

Ma'asalama

muharram23

Staff member
Personally, I would still take shia's as friends just like i take non-muslims as friends. I don't like to say oh so and so is shia or so and so is not a muslim so I will not take them as friends.

If a shia and myself (im sunni) talk about the differences of the two we just discuss it and tell one another what each of us believes but I wouldn't make it into a debate. I mean it's just what they believe and if shias believe something that I don't agree with I wouldn't take it to heart too much. What's the point? It'll only lead to arguments and hostility thus making things worse and these are the reasons why there are divisions within the Muslim community! Shias still regard themselves as Muslims and right now Muslims need to stick together against zionists and those torturing our sunni and shia muslim brothers and sisters.

Some say u shouldnt talk to shias because they may confuse you and make u believe something which is not true but personally because I strongly believe that Abu Bakr was the first Caliph and because I have respect for the sahabaah and respect the Prophet's (sallallahu alayhi wassalam) wives, no one can change it and confuse me so that's not a reason to talk badly about shia's or judge them or worse not associate with them because they're still muslims! I'm educated enough to know not to believe everything u hear even if it is about Islam as researching thoroughly yourself would be much better!

I know there are a small minority of shias that talk badly about the Quran and stuff but even then, arguing with them about it or even debating really doesn't make people see or agree with ur point. The complete opposite occurs - stubbornness, anger, hostility - which all lead to the division between muslims! So in my opinion lets not put each other down, shia, sunni, whatever! Muslims are muslims!

There is a hadith I don't know it exactly but something like this; Allah will ask somebody on the D.O.J 'why didnt u listen to so and so when they warned u about Islam' and their reply would be 'because they were harsh to me.' This shows not to be harsh when teaching someone something about Islam even if they're not listening to u. If anyone knows the hadith properly then please correct it and I apologise if it's a weak hadith but I'm sure it's not.

Sorry for rambling on.

Ma'asalama

Salamu alaykum

A small minority talk bad about the quran? Please read what mabsoot wrote. If you could also bring me the hadeeth that u stated. Jazakaallahu khair. By the way, there is no friendship between believers and non believers. We can work with them, talk with them, give them dawah etc., but friendship is only with the believers. U r not permitted to sit and be friends with muslims who dont practice islam and do all the haraam, then how can u be friends with kuffaaar? Why would a believer be friends with a disbeliever or a sinner when there are better group of people to be friends with. Let me give u an example. A believer is like a person who sells parufme. If u are with him either u will get some of his perfume or at least smell like him (meaning u will get benefit in the deen from him), and being with a disbeliver or a muslim zaalim is like a blacksmith. Either, u will become filthy like him or u might get some of the bad smell, and smell like him. This is an example that if u hang around people who r disobedient to ALlah s.va u will start to do things that they do and u might fall into the haraams they do. A Person is on the religion of his friend!!

Allah knows best

wasalam

wasalam

sal12

I'm sorry my point is there's no point arguing with them even if we know we're right. Of course we should say something but not in an offensive way or a way to put them down or even getting angry because we're so sure that their wrong. This kind of behaviour turns people away. I mean shias must think that theyre right just as much as we think that we're right and they may want sunni's to turn to shi'sm just like we want shia's to turn to sunnism.

My point is we have to set a good example for non-muslims and shia's and by that we have to be friendly, tolerant and kind. How can we be like that and yet at the same time speak ill of them? People used to throw rocks and things at the Prophet (sallallahu alayhi wassalam) and he still treated those people with respect. That's all it is, that's my point.

I forgot to mention the reason why I have non-muslim friends and shia as friends is because a lot of them are really nice people so they deserve to have a chance of learning Islam if they ever have any questions. My non-muslim friends always discuss Islam with me without me bringing it up and they find it really interesting. They've realised all muslims are not terrorists and extremists because of what i have told them and they know much more about Islam. What's wrong with that? Also this website is viewed by non-muslims so be careful what u say about them.

muharram23

Staff member
Asaalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu
Woooooow,subhanllah!Allah hu akbar!I did not know these are the things that shias practice,I'am so speechless........... :( but jazakallah khayran everyone for your posts,it was very beneficial ^_^.
May Allah(subahana wata'llah) guide us all to the right path and help us remain steadfast on our deen,and help us from not going astray and may he guide all those who went astray inshallah.Ameen.
Wa Alaykum Asaalamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu
P.S Jazakallah khayran big akhi mabsoot and big akhi muharram.Your posts were very beneficial with very good examples.

salamu alayku

wa iyaake akhi

wasalam

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
It's interesting that this topic was brought up considering I recently had an issue like this awhile back. Not too long ago, I met a recently reverted sister who had chosen the Shia madhab. She claimed it had nothing to do with the fact that her boyfriend was Shia but more to do with a book she had read in which their is a debate in Peshawar, Pakistan between Sunnis and Shias and that the Shia argument was so compelling the Sunnis ended up converting to their madhab at the end of it. Mind you, although the belief is that this was a real debate according to the Shias, the Sunnis believe that debate never even took place.

Anyway, she's really a wonderful girl and I never had any issues with her until we started discussing our madhab differences. Basically, she was polite about her belief that the caliphate was stolen from Hadrat Ali r.a. and about her dislike for Hadrat Umar and Uthman r.a. She stated some "proofs" she had against them that I'd rather not say because frankly, they're quite disturbing especially when you know they're false accusations against the Sahabah r.a. But when I asked her how she could believe that the Prophet SAW could make a mistake in choosing his companions, she said to me that "just because you know someone is good doesn't mean their friends are necessarily good." Well, this was very climactic in my friendship with her because I was just shocked that something so disrespectful and dismissive could so easily be said about people who are a million degrees above us in piety and spiritual rank. Compared to them, today's ummah has no chance at coming close to the stages I'm sure they've achieved in Jannah.

After having told this to my parents, they believed it was best for me to stop being friends with her as they've both had experiences with Shia and believe them to be very persuasive in their arguments even if they're for a false cause. I, myself, do not want to desert anyone who claims to be a believer, especially a recent one, but I didn't know how I could respect and tolerate someone who slanders my beliefs, even if it is in a subtle manner.

bintul islam

biz musulmanikh
I have more shia friends than sunni, not all of them are the same nor do they all believe in the same creed. Sometimes I fear calling myself a sunni lest I fall into the category of following a sect. When people ask me what are you, I say I am a muslim, when they ask for my sect, I say is muslim not enough as an answer? We have one God, one book, one religion, one Prophet, one Father...so why 73 divisions? Why not one Ummah as well? On the day of Qiyama, we will all follow our leaders, so I hope I won't line up behind Mirza Khulam Ahmed, I hope I won't line up behind Ali or Abu Bakr or Umar ra, I hope I won't line up behind Imam Hanbal/Hanaf/Shafi/Malik, I hope I dont line up behind Jesus, I hope I don't line up behind Buddah, I hope I dont line up behind Krishna, I hope I dont line up behind the sun or the moon or Elvis or Michael...I hope I line up behind Mohammed ASW and only Mohammed asw.

muselman

Salam

Lana

i agree with u 100%, shia's are muslims also, i also get offended when people say that shia's are not muslims. i have lived around shia people and haven't heard them saying that sunnis are not muslims, you can't be friends with them etc.

muharram23

Staff member
I have more shia friends than sunni, not all of them are the same nor do they all believe in the same creed. Sometimes I fear calling myself a sunni lest I fall into the category of following a sect. When people ask me what are you, I say I am a muslim, when they ask for my sect, I say is muslim not enough as an answer? We have one God, one book, one religion, one Prophet, one Father...so why 73 divisions? Why not one Ummah as well? On the day of Qiyama, we will all follow our leaders, so I hope I won't line up behind Mirza Khulam Ahmed, I hope I won't line up behind Ali or Abu Bakr or Umar ra, I hope I won't line up behind Imam Hanbal/Hanaf/Shafi/Malik, I hope I dont line up behind Jesus, I hope I don't line up behind Buddah, I hope I dont line up behind Krishna, I hope I dont line up behind the sun or the moon or Elvis or Michael...I hope I line up behind Mohammed ASW and only Mohammed asw.

salamu alaykum

weather we like it or not, Resulullah svs said that this ummah will divide into 73 sects, all but one in hellfire. The sahaba asked "ja resulullah which is the saved sect, he svs replied, that which I and my companions are on". Who ever follows this religion without the understanding how the sahaba have understood this religion is indeed one of the 72 sects that will end up in hell fire. This topic about divisions and sects has been covered already 100 times and i believe that is just going in circles. The shiah have been turbulation to this ummah all through out centuries. They always fought on the disbeliever sides against the sunnis. The good example of it is the war in iraq right now. The shiah supported the americans against the sunnis. This is not the first time but happend even when the tatars invaded iraq 100 yrs ago. So, no more need to discuss this thing as i believe that mabsoot explained it really well.

Allah knows best
wasalam

Status
Not open for further replies.