Should I tell my father ?

Mosque51

:salam2:

My sisters use a wireless company and they use it to text theirs friends. My mom, who earns a small salary, has to pay for the bills. And one time my mom couldnt continue paying and the bill went up to $901 dollars. This is all because of my sisters who couldnt or didnt want to limit their texting and we told them, my sisters , to stop or limit texting but I guess they didnt listen. So because of them my mom has to face this. So I told her that I will tell dad about this, but she yelled at me and told me NOT TO TELL DAD.I dont know what will happen if my mom doesnt pay the bill, so I dontt know what to do , should i just tell my dad anyways ? or not? If not then I dont know what else to do.

RandyJackson

You should tell your father. He can talk to them and help prevent a worse situation: Texting boys!

There must be paternal power in your family. Allah warned us about the house of the spider. That's all I can say.

palestine

Servant of Allah
It seems kind of harsh to tell on them, but what's worse is standing next to your mother and having to see her pay the bills which she doesnt' even know where it comes from, so yes ukhti, tell your dad. This should show them that it is a serious situation.
wasalamu alaikum.

rightpath_357

I think you should. Becuase money problems can get from petty to VERY serious. And this problem is big enough. Your dad should be able to fix it! Also warn your sister to STOP texting so much- can't they see the hardship that has come upon their mother?????:(

Hope this helps!!!!!
Salam!:D

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

Tell your mom to call the cell phone provider and tell them that a child used the "text message" function without understanding. Tell her to refuse to pay the bill and threaten to cancel the service if it is not waived. This happened to someone else I know. They called the phone company and told them that one of their children used the texting function and refused to pay the bill at all. The company simply waived the bill and removed the "texting" ability on their cell phones, which is what the parent requested from the company.

And "Yes" tell your father, before it gets out of control, if option one doesn't work, in that the company refuses to waive the bill; then tell them to remove the "texting" function on the cell phones; if that doesn't work, then tell your father.

*It is also the case that these phone companies do not really expect anyone to pay these type of outrageous fees over $900 for things such as "texting." You must call them and argue a great deal, this applies for any high fee from these cell phone companies; if they completely refuse to waive the bill, they may reduce it such as $100, but your mother or father must put up an argument against paying such outrageous fees. The person I know complained to the company that paying $100 in "texting" was outrageous and wandered whether the people at the phone company had any sense for sending such a bill for "texting." This persons bill was reduced to $0.

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

ProudToBeaMuslim

Tell your mom to call the cell phone provider and tell them that a child used the "text message" function without understanding. Tell her to refuse to pay the bill and threaten to cancel the service if it is not waived. This happened to someone else I know.

:salam2:
Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't that be lying?

Sister, I suggest you try talking to your sisters with patience, explaining the situation, telling them your mother's condition. After that, Tell them you'll be informing your father about this, or else the situation might get out of hand. Make sure you do warn them that you're going to tell your father, or else they'll feel betrayed. And let your father handle the situation. Leave the rest to Allah. Make Dua :)

miq1

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't that be lying?

Lying is prohibited in our religion. The poster mentioned that he has a young sister making text messages. This sister, with the mindset, age, and development of a child, does not understand the reality that these text messages are costly to her parents. I told the poster to do what was right.

mas_adi

Tell your mom to call the cell phone provider and tell them that a child used the "text message" function without understanding. Tell her to refuse to pay the bill and threaten to cancel the service if it is not waived.
As Muslim, are we allowed to buy something but refuse to pay it ?.

Okay, in this case the user is daughter. But this girl is under the mom's responsibility. It's better if her mom tells the wireless company to get a reduction.