Should I throw up after eating Haram foods (and) is Red #40 Haram?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
:bismillah:
Should I throw up after eating something Haram? I have just eaten fruit snacks (no gelatin, I looked at the ingredients) and saw that it contained Red #40 and Yellow #5. Are they Haram, and should I throw up after eating somethign Haram (I.E. make myself throw up)?
JazakAllah Khair
:wasalam:

Marwa17

one muslim sister to another, I think that because you've eaten it and learned that it is haram i don't think you have to throw up. just don't do it again and say :astag: Allah knows your intent and if you did not know inshallah he will forgive you.

Salam

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu alaykum.

i don't think they are haraam. i mean aren't they just like... color or something??

Wassalam.

Red #40 has many myths. According to snopes.com, it's made from "coal", according to some peopel it's made from bugs, and I've read online that Jewish people consider it non-Kosher (and Kosher and Halal are pretty close together in terms).

And thank you Marwa for the response. JazakAllah Khair to you both.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
When Abu Bakr (R) ate a morsel of cake that his servant gave, he asked his servant where he got them. The servant said he practiced witchcraft years ago by these people that promised to reward him if he does. He went to a wedding and those same people with the witchcraft gave him some cake to pay the debt.

Abu Bakr then holded his throat and demanded jars of water so he can throuh up, which he eventually did.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Red #40 has many myths. According to snopes.com, it's made from "coal", according to some peopel it's made from bugs, and I've read online that Jewish people consider it non-Kosher (and Kosher and Halal are pretty close together in terms).

And thank you Marwa for the response. JazakAllah Khair to you both.

Brother/Sister,
AssalaamuAlaikum,

Your opinion "kosher and halal are pretty close" is totally wrong. There are many things which are actually ok for jews but totally forbidden for us. A product certified kosher can be similar to Halal but it can be 'totally opposite" case also.

In the example of red #40. It is even synthetic. On the other side there is a natural red colour used which is just the powder of red beatles (insects) called 'cochineal". Non-Muslims specially have tendency towards cochineal because of their recent trend of using "Natural" products.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochineal

There is info about both these colors as under:

http://www.afic.com.au/2006/Avoid These Additives.htm#102
http://www.afic.com.au/2006/Avoid These Additives.htm#129

According to these links:
http://www.jollyhalal.com/enumbers.htm
http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/...Action=enumbersdetail&fromList=true&eventId=3
yellow #5 is ok, but still, this color has side effects.

While Red#40 is actually E129. Try not to use it. Instead you can use E128. Also as I said the cochineal red is totally an insect powder.

Above things make you confused, right? So its better not to use artificial things and just use natural products, colorless jellies etc.

Wassalaam.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Thank you for your response. JazakAllah Khair.

Unfortunatly, I live in America where everything is artificially colored.

Red #40 causes cancer in mice and is banned is pretty new to me. Also, all those systoms for Yellow #5 is also new.

220 E220 Sulphur dioxide.

Preservative. Occurs naturally in the atmosphere and as a pollutant gas from combustion processes, sulphur dioxide is implicated in formation of acid rain and has a choking odour.

Typical products are beer, soft drinks, dried fruit, juices, cordials, wine, vinegar, potato products. Similar functional properties are displayed by the sulphites (E221-E227). Other names: sulphur superoxide.

The FDA needs to actually do something about all of this artificially stuff being put into food. I can't even eat fruits, drink juice, or eat french fries without this being put into my food! It makes me angry how they secretly put these stuff in foods that don't even need it (like raisins).

But alhamdullah because it seems like pig didn't make its way into Red#40 or Yellow#5

Instead you can use E128.

I think its banned here.

nasir89ah

if it's already swolled just stop at eating the rest........you can hurt yourself more by throwing up

but i am sorry that i don't have any dileel

acedoc

Making Halal into Haram and vice versa

Audu Bil Alalhe min shytan ar rajeem

Allah (SWT) forbids us to falsely claim things as Haram or Halal withoutr any knowledge.
Fear Allah and stop this arguments without having any such knoledeg. I beg you to turn to scholars for such answers.

Al Qur'an Surah Nahl (16)
As Translated by Yusuf Ali: But say not - for any false thing that your tongues may put forth,- "This is lawful, and this is forbidden," so as to ascribe false things to Allah. For those who ascribe false things to Allah, will never prosper.

Translation of the same by PICKTHAL: And speak not, concerning that which your own tongues qualify (as clean or unclean), the falsehood: "This is lawful, and this is forbidden," so that ye invent a lie against Allah. Lo! those who invent a lie against Allah will not succeed.
Translation by SHAKIR: And, for what your tongues describe, do not utter the lie, (saying) This is lawful and this is unlawful, in order to forge a lie against Allah; surely those who forge the lie against Allah shall not prosper.[/B]

EesaDevin

Perhaps one of us should email the Islamic Univeristy of Medina Al-Munawara and get a Better understanding Insha Allah.