Should ppl be allowed to pray namaz at the age of 10?

Aishah_786

:muslim_child: should ppl be allowed to pray namaz at the age of 10 my sisters 10 and she doesnt have to pray namaz because she underaged. how old do you have to be to pray namaz.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
The condition for prayer is puberty. If a boy or a girl are adult then the prayer is obligatory. But according to the Hadith of Prophet (SAW), a boy or girl should be instructed to start offering prayers from the age of 7, So that they do not start learning the prayer in puberty but should already know it from the age of 7.

The regular prayer at age of 7 years is not obligatory. But in age of puberty 5 times prayers are obligatory and non of the prayers can be skipped.

Wassalaam,
VE

Globalpeace

Banned
Praying at Age 7 & 10!

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

Abusing a muslim is not allowed. But "spankings" and appropriate discipline as means of correction are Islamic.

Hadith Abi Dau'd-, Narrated As-Saburah

The Prophet said: Order your children to pray at the age of seven. And beat them [lightly] if they do not do so by the age of ten. And separate them in their bedding.

[Also recorded by Ahmad and al-Hakim. Al-Syuti has give in a notation signifying that it is authentic. Al-Albani has graded it hasan. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol. 2, p. 1021.]

:muslim_child: should ppl be allowed to pray namaz at the age of 10 my sisters 10 and she doesnt have to pray namaz because she underaged. how old do you have to be to pray namaz.

umm hussain

It says teach children to pray at the age of 7 and beat them about it at the age of ten. From this I gather it is compulsory for a child to pray at 10 and I don't think puberty is a requirement.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AssalaamuAlaikum,

JazakAllah to Brother GlobalPeace for the Hadith.
Infact I must admit and apologize for my ignorance to not completely explain the answer.

Beating the child lightly is to order him for prayer. But in case if child misses the prayer then he is not obliged to do Qadha (Qazaa) of that prayer if he is not adult. But if he is adult then he has to offer his Qadhaa prayer if he misses one.

And according to following reference if a person does not get puberty even after the age of 15, then prayer is considered obligatory (Fardh) on him from age 15.

http://islam.tc/ask-imam/view.php?q=5559

Here is a very beautiful explanation:

Some people may wonder why a child of ten may be beaten if he does not offer his prayers. This is simply a method of upbringing and education. A child should be encouraged to pray when he is seven years of age. If he refuses to pray, then at the age of ten, a method more serious than mere order may be employed to get him to pray, so that he would have formed the habit of attending to his prayers regularly when prayer becomes obligatory to him on attaining puberty. At this age, corporal punishment is frequently used by parents to instill some discipline into the child. This must always remain very mild, because the aim is to get the child to understand the seriousness of the matter.

When the child is older, this method must stop, because it will no longer be effective in getting the child to pray regularly. Moreover, when prayer becomes obligatory to a child, he should offer it in discharge of his duty, not because he fears to be beaten. I am afraid those who try to compel people to offer their worship in a certain way often exceed the limits allowed by Islam. The worth of worship is in the fact that it is offered at one’s own behest, in response to God’s command, not for fear of any human authority.

reference: http://www.ourdialogue.com/f2.htm

Allah knows the best and I know very little.

Wassalaam,
VE

Aishah_786

AGE OF 7 TO PRAY

:salah: YES YOUR RIGHT CHILDREN HAVE TO BE THE AGE OF 7 TO PRAY BUT SOME CHILDRENS PARENTS DO NOT CARE AND SAY THEY ARE TO YOUNG
WHAT ARE YOU MEANT TO SAY TO THE PARENTS!!!

Ahmed_2000

Servant of Allah
:salah: YES YOUR RIGHT CHILDREN HAVE TO BE THE AGE OF 7 TO PRAY BUT SOME CHILDRENS PARENTS DO NOT CARE AND SAY THEY ARE TO YOUNG
WHAT ARE YOU MEANT TO SAY TO THE PARENTS!!!

Salaam Allaikum

Sister Show them the hadith provided by Brother globalpeace above.

Salaam Allaikum

abba07

thank you for this very important subject, because this is about teaching the children how to pray before the reach the age of pubirty, this is a good way for them to get used to the second priviple of Islam. I think the first one who suggested this way was the fourth Kalif of prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) and that suggestin is to order them to pray at the age of seven and to beat them at the age of ten (of course beating them is important if they don't obey).