:Sincerity behind the veil:

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Veil is a physical barrier between the two genders. Once a women veils herself,she is safe from Non-Mehram men, witnessing her body. This is what the purpose which lies behind veiling the women. Since veiling doesn't stop a woman seeing men around her,doesn't she need an another veil that would restrict her eyesight sticking to opposite sex?.

Neither I am generalizing it nor it is a specific statement towards a Muslim woman but I have come across lots and lots of Muslim women wearing traditional ''Niqab" here in my city but not missing a chance to have a look at men around. The "Niqab" I am talking about is the one which completely covers the body except the region bit up and below the eyes. I have watched out of curiosity plenty of veiled women for their oscillating and spinning eye balls trying to fix to opposite gender. Allah (SWT) knows best,I have this experience even towards me.

Once a Muslim woman obeys commandment of Allah (SWT) by veiling herself,she should complement this veiling further by adhering to other commandments of Allah (SWT) revealed in the same context in Quran. Physical submission to Allah (SWT) is a failure until and unless the submission is of our souls. Physical barrier such as Niqab are fragile and easily penetrable. Allah (SWT) says in Quran for Muslim women to cover themselves but further Allah (SWT) says in Quran to them to lower their gaze. Why?. Isn't veiling sufficient?.

It should be very clear that the one who created us knows us the best even better than we know ourselves. If a Muslimah wears Niqab and lowers her gaze but for pleasure of Allah (SWT) this is the sincerity behind veil. If familial pressures and compulsions over-weigh and a Muslimah wears Niqab chances of sincerity behind the veil are not high. Through veiling a Muslimah is safe from external evil eyes but what if she herself isn't out of control of her own Nafs.

Allah (SWT) is witness over my intention for writing these few words and He knows the best for my experiences in the context.

Regards.

a_stranger

:salam2:

We muslems men and women need to train ourselves to have Taqwa.

Taqwa can be compared to walking through a narrow path with thorny bushes on both sides and a person passing through it tries his level best to save his clothes from being torn. The thorns are the sins and the clothes is one's Eeman.

Linguistically Taqwa means forbearance, fear and abstinence, but in the Islamic terminology, Taqwa has a distinct meaning. Taqwa is a high state of heart, which keeps one conscious of Allah's presence and His Knowledge, and it motivates him to perform righteous deeds and avoid those, which are forbidden.

Copied from:

http://www.ahya.org/amm/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=154

sachin4islam

:salam2:

We muslems men and women need to train ourselves to have Taqwa.

Taqwa can be compared to walking through a narrow path with thorny bushes on both sides and a person passing through it tries his level best to save his clothes from being torn. The thorns are the sins and the clothes is one's Eeman.

Linguistically Taqwa means forbearance, fear and abstinence, but in the Islamic terminology, Taqwa has a distinct meaning. Taqwa is a high state of heart, which keeps one conscious of Allah's presence and His Knowledge, and it motivates him to perform righteous deeds and avoid those, which are forbidden.

Copied from:

http://www.ahya.org/amm/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=154

Walikum Assalam. Sis.

I appreciate your comment. Masha-Allah.

Regards.