Sleeping on your stomach is strictly prohibited

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam alikom,

I posted this before, but the video got deleted. So I'm posting it again to raise awareness of this issues because not many know about this.

[yt]3e5b81rLRbA[/yt]

This is a very helpful post by brother Al Kashmiri, if you don't want to watch the video:
:salam2:

Many posts have been deleted as requested and due to the confusion of this matter. As for what has been narrated in this issue, then this is what I was able to find in such short time,

Ya’eesh ibn Tihfah al-Ghifaari reported that his father said,

“I stayed as a guest with the Messenger of Allaah sallAllaahu `alayhi wasallam, with those of the poor whom he hosted. The Messenger of Allaah sallAllaahu `alayhi wasallam, came out in the night to check up on his guests, and saw me lying on my stomach. He prodded me with his foot and said, ‘Do not lie in this manner, for it is a way of lying that Allaah hates.’”

According to another report, the Prophet sallAllaahu `alayhi wasallam, prodded him with his foot and woke him up and said,

“Do not lie like this, for this is how the people of Hell lie.”

[Reported by Ahmad, al-Fath al-Rabbaani, 14/244-245; by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2798, Shaakir edn.; and by Abu Dawood, al-Sunan, Kitaab al-Adab, no. 5040, al-Da’aas edn. Also reported in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2270-2271]

Shaykh Saalih Al-Munajjid concluded that this is therefore a general-prohibition. See the full fatwa here.

In response to the above, then inshaa' Allaah this hadeeth will suffice. The Messenger of Allaah, sallAllaahu `alayhi wasallam said,

"The Pen has been lifted from three; from the sleeper until he awakes, from the minor until he grows up, and from the insane until he regains sanity."
[Recorded by Imaam An-Nasaa'ee and authenticated by Shaykh Al-Albaanee]

This means that these three types of people are not accounted for their actions until something effects their condition, be it puberty, sanity or simply waking up. Baarak Allaahu feekum.

:wasalam:

The worst position to sleep in according to CNN's Health section is on the stomach: "Stomach-sleeping makes it difficult to maintain a neutral position with your spine. What's more, the pose puts pressure on joints and muscles, which can irritate nerves and lead to pain, numbness, and tingling.
Think about the soreness you'd feel if you kept your neck turned to one side for 15 minutes during the day. In this position you have your head to one side for hours at a time. You won't necessarily feel it the next day, but you may soon start to ache."

This chiropractor explains further "Repeatedly doing so (sleeping on your stomach) every night for years slowly adds pressure to the joints and nerves, contributing to spinal degeneration and allowing for the development of a variety of health problems."

How to Stop Sleeping on Your Stomach, click here.
You can also buy special pillows to fix this bad habit as well, just google "sleeping on stomach pillow."

For Babies, it is safer for them to sleep on their backs. Read more: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/facts/babysleep.htm

sleep well. wasalam alikom.

Ershad

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Something related to the topic since we should also know the complete ruling regarding this.

[yt]c8JUnihxgJI[/yt]

Sister Zohra

Assalamu Alaikum,

“I stayed as a guest with the Messenger of Allaah sallAllaahu `alayhi wasallam, with those of the poor whom he hosted. The Messenger of Allaah sallAllaahu `alayhi wasallam, came out in the night to check up on his guests, and saw me lying on my stomach. He prodded me with his foot and said, ‘Do not lie in this manner, for it is a way of lying that Allaah hates.’”

Wow. I didn't know it was so strongly disliked. JazakAllah khair for sharing brother.