So Your feedback, on this matter(Appreciated)

your opinion matters.

• dont use colors at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the way u think

• all the same

• this is the life

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
asalaam aleykum

below message sent to me...which i admire and thanks to the sender.
But i feel with those coloring or capitols as talking to individuals, and also giving as where a starting and pausing / or important topic etc.
however i will put this into practice soon i get your feedback

shukran

Reads:

Suggestion: Excessive Text Formatting makes reading difficult
Assalaamu Alaikum.

With due respect.

Your articles so far have been good to my knowledge.

But there is something which i think needs a little correction, sir.

When a message uses lot of fonts, colors, different sizes then its not pleasing on the eye, unlike in speaking. In speaking we raise voice, slow voice, stress something, we use different voices.

"But same cannot be applied to writing... Keep the font same. Different color, many fonts different sizes, it breaks the reading, the user has to adjust his eyes again and again. People are not used to it "A POLL"

Good practise is to stick to one or two colors, use one font, bolden text where required, underline, but do it sparingly...

This is a popular opinion. You could talk to moderators or some other brother/sister and take their feedback, on this matter

Hope this helps.

I

IslamIsSimple

It depends on the context. If talking about forums, then I think who wrote this to you is right. Note that he/she didnt talk about using colors etc, but using them excessively.

Sometimes putting words in bold or coloring or underlining is fine. But many people overdo it, and end up making it even harder to read instead of making it easier. It can distract the reader instead of making the reader focus on the points you wanted to focus on.

Also sometimes it gets too offensive, and makes you just take a look at the post as a while and then look for something else to read.

So when done, it should be made sure it allows a smooth read.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
wa aleikum salam

the truth is that exactly what i appreciate in the posts are
the accents of colours and fonts, to give a different light to the different ideas and for better expresion.
like this is easier and more clear...at least for me, i like to learn alhamdullilah and i think they are good the way they are, alhamdullilah
i whould vote the option keep the articles like that in the poll

:salam2:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I have difficulty reading too many colors. I love words. I enjoy the richness of words strung together to guide a reader through a thought.

When fonts and colors are applied..it is too much for me to take in. I find it very distracting.

It is very difficult to follow and I can not. The colors reduce the weight of the words.

serena77

Salaams
I'm kinda in the same boat as sister Aapa. Its like for my kindle... some people want a colorized version but that to me is useless. I want it to look like a book. I prefer black text with minimal other colors if needed to emphasize something.
Serena

S

Sister Zohra

Assalamu Alaikum,

I think I should have put more thought into the matter before voting. IslamIsSimple, Hajjerr, and Aapa have all raised good points. I just voted based on my immature ideals.

At first, I thought the colors and change in font were fun and expressed your tone nicely. But now I think you should perhaps tone it down a bit so that there is more attention to the message and not the colors.

Sorry my comment and my vote contradict each other but I wanted to give you my opinion nonetheless.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
Well it all depends on how old you are... If you're young then do whatever you like and use as many colours as you want.

To the people who struggle to read different colours; just click ctrl+A , it might make it easier for you lol, or Alternatively, click on the ''quote'' button and you'll see the whole thread in standard format.

wasalam alikom