soccer haraam!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

galadari

dear brothers and sisters,

i am gr8 fan football and realy luv watching it, but in a bayan from our imaam few days bak i heard him sayin dat football is evil thing, and recommended not to watch it cos its like we r worshipping football. so can someopne pls tell me r we really allowed to watch soccer.

jazak allah........

Ali_Ibrahim

salam,

in quran it tells us not to watch tv or do anything that basically takes our mind off of islam and the quran itself. it's like this in every religion, you are supposed to be devout to the religion by making every single moment in your life, an act of god. Honestly, I'm a fan of soccer, and to me it's a sport and nothing more. It's a hobby that people watch and play. The only thing i would say is haram about it is the actual material used to make the soccer ball and that it might be khanzeer(pig). So from a friend to another, I say enjoy soccer because if you can take the time out from playing it to make salah or to do whatever, homework, or anything, then yes it's ok. This is my point exactly from the previous thread, grand muftis will tell u to not do anything because they are afraid of interaction and what not but they dont understand themselves that this is nothing bad so why should it be haram??..

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
Playing football (soccer) may be permissible or it may be haraam, depending on whether the player adheres to shar’i guidelines or goes against them. This has been explained in the answer to question no. 3633, 84291 and 75644.

MUHAMM7D

Muslim
A wise person should not keep busy with playing it or watching it, even if it is permissible, because time is a man’s capital, and undoubtedly the husband’s being busy with that and staying out of the house because of it, is a shortcoming and negligence, because time is too precious to waste, so how can he waste it on something that brings no benefit? It would be better for him to take care of his family and try to make them happy.

MOHAMMEDFALIQ

ok

since time is so precious and muslims must take this time to worship god ...im sure allah wouldnt mind if we would have some fun for awhile ......when i watch tv or play something i mention allah every now and then ...so im benefiting something while watching or playing..

M

Moadeeb

Haram,Haram,Haram. A big word that has been used a lot in this forum regarding issues that are still debatable between scholars like music, tv, and surprisingly I find someone who says that watching football is Haram. I can't find the word soccer mentioned anywhere in Quran or the prophets hadeeths. Haram means sin, sin means hell, shouldn't we take it easy a bit before coming up with such a judgement? The prophet himself and lady Aisha were watching some circus like performances in Medina, so having some fun isn't really Haram. Allah knows that we are watching it for fun and that we are not worshipping football.

Salam

Moadeeb

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
:salam2: , my husband spend many time with our boy playing football, it is a good time that they spend together making sport and having fun both of them(father and son). I don't think there's nothing haram in it!

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
my 2 cents ...

:salam2:

Haram, Haram, Haram. So much in this world truly isn't, should't be, and won't be permissible conduct when we're held to account once this Test is complete. You may think that this sucks, but it's a reality of this life.

How is Music being haram or not debatable? Or the unending filth of your television set maybe or maybe not appropriate for Muslim minds? If you're really not sure, search for some previous threads on these topics, find the fatwas, the haddiths, and the relavent Quaranic verses - it should become very obvious which choices will benefit.

And this is what it comes down to. Even though your Imam tells you not to immitate the Kufars in their behaviors, not to waste your time pursuing the glorified pomp of the Sportslife... ultimately it's going to be your choice.

Are there Haddiths telling us not to play soccer? No, but the only meantions of phyical activity you'll find encouraged my Muhammad PBUH are running and archery (to the best of my knowledge). Is there a difference between a couple of kids and their father kicking a ball around and the obsessive, hooligan-minded soccer fanatics who know all of the teams and their positions in the divisions and their team captains and their forwards and their goalkeepers and what each of them eats for breakfast at the specific time that they eat? The kind of people that can't go a day without idling away time talking to their buddies about which team is gunna lose next, which ref. is a biased crackhead who couldn't see a foul if it kicked him in the teeth? Which player is being traded to what team and for how much?

Where do you draw the line? At what point does a little harmless fun turn into something sick and diseased? If this is a matter of uncertainty in your mind, then I can tell you that Muhammad PBUH recommends that you do not engage in that activity. If not, go ahead and enjoy a little footie - And Allah knows best.

:wasalam:

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member

We have been talking about tv and music thousands of times on TTI, here is a link:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17114&highlight=music

As my personal experience with tv I can say that since I left it completely and I get busy just with islamic activities,(those include watching an islamic dvd/lecture for example), my imaan is growing day by day alhamdulillah!

I wish to all my brother & sisters to stop taking what they like from islam.And put their trust in Allah alone.
Allah subhana wa ta'la knows what's the best for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.