Somalia-A Clip

Do you favour Union of Islamic Courts in Somalia which claim to be making it Islamic?

• Yes

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
I don't support the "Islamic" Courts Union. Public flogging? Public execution? They're right: this is the new Afghanistan. This is going to be just like the Taliban Regime, and they're going to give the West a whole new view on "Muslims".

If these people take over, it would just cause Ethiopia to come in and start a war (which they've already done) and Civil War will never end. I'm in favor of Somaliland to become a country, and the "Islamic" Courts Union to cease to exist.

IMAM

what everybody needs to understand is Ethiopia has a sizeable somali population that it has repressed,discriminated and committed attrocities of unimaginable scale in a region called Ogadenia,so it favours Ethiopia to have a puppet goverment in Moqadisho....if east timor was ceded from Indonesia and splm fought a long bitter rival with the khartoum and in the end will have a region of their own.what i cant understand is why ethiopia`s crime has gone undetected especially in the west and i have recently come to notice part of the problem when Ethiopia is reffered to a christian state it is somehow absoved all crimes...for your information this is not the typical victin hood mentality that Blair calls any grievance but as a muslim and somali whether i agree with the UIC is irrelevant Ethipoia`s strategic importance is having a pro-Ethipoia goverment in somalia.somalis have had enough of foreign interrference the world forgot about us and now when we are in relative peace we are a threat..........Ethiopia needs to go home the days when military might was right is long gone

IMAM

The strongest can never be strong enough to be the master unless he transforms his strength into good and obedience into duty.in the video clip made for western staple is really a stretch when it comes to connecting to alqaeda.....i found it `refreshing`that a veiled women would speak of how emancipated she is what a joke...looking forward to seeing it on o`reilly and other bigoted western media.

ksahbznhs

a re-think 'newmuslim'

salamu alaikum newmuslim,

your view on the islamic courts is one that lacks basic knowledge of what took place in somalia for the past 16 years. when those in charge stood by watching the lawlessness and the killings of the innocent that took place on a daily basis at the hands of warlords the cronies of the Transitional Govt. so when the people rise up against oppression and the constant false hope made by the transitional govt and unite in the banner of islam its quite sad and a bit disheartening to read that a fellow muslim would criticize them for doing so.

Firstly, those who were in power namely the transitional Govt are currently betraying their own people by sideing with the invading american backed ethiopian army who claim to bring stability on somali soil, i think the somali's can govern themselves especially if they have the Quran and sunnah of the prophet.
Secondly, why do you look at the 'negative' side when you refer to 'public gloggin' etc and completely ignore the positives the islamic courts have brought to the ordinary people of somalia who if you speak to are completely overjoyed that they actually have people that care for their well being unlike the former somali government and the american backed ethiopian army.

salam

p.s. im from 'somaliland' and i completly disagree with the disunifying our country. united we stand.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:wasalam:
Know that I have never been to Somalia and have just recently read up on this war. I never knew that the Transitional Government was barbaric and the like. The Civil War isn't covered here in America; the only News Topics (in order) are the U.S. Government, Iraq, Celebrities, Sports. Forgive my ignorance on the matter.
:wasalam:

Marwa17

stranger, you should have a yes, no, and i have a no clue what it is ...lol...bet you the last one would get most of the votes if you did that...Allah knows what is best

ksahbznhs

salam alaikum 'newmuslim',

thank you for your reply, it shows bravery and humbleness qualities that i strive for daily as they are qualities beloved to Allah. May Allah strengthen us and grant us knowledge and wisdom. your reply very refreshing in that usually people dont admit they are wrong or in ignorance of a matter in which they speak, so again thank you and may Allah grant us wisdom. ameen

salam

duran

For what I have read so far...I see people Hating Islamic Courts....Thats ur Choice...(Say what u want)...But The Truth is ITS NOT ABOUT ISLAMIC COURTS....Its about Ethiopian Invading Somalia and want to make somalia Part of Ethiopia...So You decide....Islamic Courts is ARE 100% Right....Anything Else is Rabish....what else is better than the Book of Allah?....Thats what Islamic Courts want to rule in Somalia...and If you afraid from Your Deen...Its the Time the Prophet said will pass by....and Allah knows the best.....

user expired!

assalamualaikum,

i would just like to say im not from Somalia, but i have many Somali friends, to tell you the truth most of my friends are Somalian! and from what they have told me is that the so called transitional government are a much of warlords that have decided to adopt a new dress sense ie suits but their barbaric ways still remain! for example Ethiopia has been an enemy of Somalai for a long time, how can they say that they are supported by the Somali people if they have allied wit the greatest of enemies of Somalia! just doesnt make sense.

the second point i wanted to make was that the Union of Islamic Courts or UIC was initially created by Somalians to reduce the violence and restore peace which has proven to be very successful!

so how can people cum up with the idea that the UIC are going to be the new Taliban i dont know! there aim is simple to reduce the suffering of the Somali people!
(ps my Somali friend's are both from central Somalia ie Mogodishu! and also friends from Somaliland and they share the same views Alhamdulilah!

duran

After I watch The Video...I should say ITS RABISH....why....Because This video was made by People who dont want somali to become Peace....AND I AM WORNING MY Somali Brothers and Sisters to NOT believe what this Kufars saying....Na3atulahi 3aleyhim.....Did see how they praise what the Islamic courts did for US (Peace)...and then Turn back and link to other people who Islamic courts know nothing about That....Kufars can't see a Muslim country becoming Peace, specially somalia where there was a war 16 years....

O ALLAH...HELP THE MUJAHIDEEN..ameen....

Somalis will be there for their country and Religion....NO mattar what the Kufars think or do.....Allhamdulilaah for Islam.....

Idiley O Allah

First and formost praise to Allah (swt). I am Somalian American very proud of my heritage. I completely support the Islamic Court in Somalia, and those of you who are proclaiming that this group have ties with the Taliban are nothing but ignorant and perhaps need to learn about Islam before making such a stupid comment. I can only say that thos of you who emulate the kufrus through speech, action, etc are part of them. I am Somalian and dont really appreciate when non- Somalis make such a comment. I would really encourage you all to learn more about the situation in Somali and the reason why some people are saying that the islamic court group have an enormous relationship with Alqada. This idealogy is all about destroying who is ever on the haq and is practicing muslim, subhanaAllah you see the fitnah that we face here in the USA what you think that kufrus would do when they see muslims who are without a government yet are not deanoucing their faith? Those of you who are in support of the American allay A.K.A Ethipio just sit down and think think about what the prophet (saw) and his companions faced: History repeats itself , please and please educate yourselves about the Islam!

PS:
Plastinians would not have suffered for so long, Somalians would have been on their way to a new resolution if the Muslims from all of the world were united. May Allah guide us all and show us the correct path ameen Ya Rabi.

somalian

may God help the muslim people around the world

wat ever the matter is, now somalia and ethiopia are fighting and God knows wat is best for his people, truelly talking, ethiopia was watching the somali people suffering for 16yrs and didnt say anything instead it was supporting the warlords but now ethiopia heard 'islamic" or islamic state
we hope for the best and victory to the muslims insha,alaaaaah

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

You should have a Third Option > Allah knows Best!

Otherwise I cant vote :)

Wasalam.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
Whoever we support, it doesn't matter. If the Islamic Courts Union DOES take over, we're probably going to see some "Liberation" if Bush if still in office...

Eyez-only

Bismillah!

The issue is not about Islamic courts, because we're all UNDER the laws of Allah whether we like it or not. The Issue is simply put about Leadership. The same people preaching the deen today are the same people who participated in the killings, raping and destruction of Somalia for the past 16 years (May Allah forgive me if I'm accusing them). Realizing that the somali people are no longer satisfied with tribalism, hatred and disorder, the new "islamic" leadership took on the role of "jihadist" and "jurist". This is another opportunity to rally the somali population behind them. With that being said, some positive changes have been made, stability is on its way. I have to admit, that Allah knows their intentions better than we do. If they want to estabilish an Islamic nation, follow the sunnah and the Quran and strive for a better Somalia, May Allah facilitate their path and reward their efforts. If they are using Islam as a banner to gain power then Allah is the best judge in that matter.
Again Allahu a'lam

salam

duran

The same people preaching the deen today are the same people who participated in the killings, raping and destruction of Somalia for the past 16 years (May Allah forgive me if I'm accusing them).

You are right..cus u said "May Allah forgive me if Im accusing Them"...u did accuse them,,,,These people who preaching the deen was ehlu deen past 16 years...and they never fight for tribalism... but the people who wanna distroy the country are those who bring the Ethiopian to the country...The leaders of islamic courts are shiakhs and They know the responsiblity they have...if I tell lil things they did...They Stop the Qad or Khad (A drug), they bring peace and trust, I can tell lot of things they did for the country....May Allah make them strong and powerful so they can bring the peace back...

and ofcaurse Allah knows the BEST...

Tahar

Let’s pray for what is best for the Somali people; may Allah help them build the strong nation they deserve

mahdi

american government cannot see a country that is govern by muslim people so i think that they cannot see the courts to govern the country. i know they will do any means to destroy th courts even if it is killing innocent people.

allmuslimsrequal

I pray that the Somali people find peace.
I dont trust this clip and Im sure it is showing a biased side as usual- they are so good at sifting through footage and displaying it in a haphazard way.

Word of mouth here in the city says the Somali people are much better off with the Islamic Union.
Inshallah- there will finally be justice for these people.