Some Mistakes done in Du’aa – Dr Saleh as Saleh

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Can someone please dig up Brother In Islams post on the proper way to make dua..the video is short. It was posted I guess in the last three months.
That will cut the speculation. There is a specific way. You do not raise your hands in the air.

Ash76

So far the evidence that has been presented are from "Salafi" minded sources. e.g. The Q/A from the Fatwa Website (all imams are reknown "Salafi" Scholars), Syan TV as posted on the YouTube clip, etc. No doubt the post the sister has asked to be fired up will be inclined to a similar bias as well.

So if a person do not view themselves as being "Salafi" minded, are they then automatically pidgeon-holed as being a "Sufi" and tarred with the general stereoptype as posted in the brother's video?

I don't class myself as being a "Sufi" or "Salafi" just a Muslim trying to better himself but the bias on here is blinkered. At the very least, as Muslims, we must learn to disagree on matters where our view's don't meet.

*pink niqaabi*

Akh, please tell me what you understand by the term "Salafi" and explain to me precisely what it means. I find it very interesting how some Muslims use the term "Salafi" as if its a bad word or bad thing. I have never called/labelled myself as a "Salafi" just for the record...And biased towards what? Quran and Sunnah? If we're taking our islam from weak hadiths then there is something seriously wrong

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Lets be careful with our words. Please both of you take a moment to dig up the posts here. Yes, what I asked to be dug up is correct. Sunna and Quran. How much simpler than that.

It is not a bias, but understanding.

Ayyub

So far the evidence that has been presented are from "Salafi" minded sources. e.g. The Q/A from the Fatwa Website (all imams are reknown "Salafi" Scholars), Syan TV as posted on the YouTube clip, etc. No doubt the post the sister has asked to be fired up will be inclined to a similar bias as well.

So if a person do not view themselves as being "Salafi" minded, are they then automatically pidgeon-holed as being a "Sufi" and tarred with the general stereoptype as posted in the brother's video?

I don't class myself as being a "Sufi" or "Salafi" just a Muslim trying to better himself but the bias on here is blinkered. At the very least, as Muslims, we must learn to disagree on matters where our view's don't meet.

Assalamou Aalaikoum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh
I would advise you to listen to this audio and think about it's meaning.
[yt]7HGOcX-mUfc[/yt]

Allah subahanahu wa ta'ala uses the term Salaf in the noble Quran as He subhanahu wa ta'ala says in Surah Az-Zukhruf:

43_56.png

The second word is the arabic word Salaf in it's plural form.
And We made them a precedent and an example for the later peoples.

Following the way of the Salaf is the way which has been legislated in the Quran and Sunnah, the very sources of Islam. The Prophet (may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace) said to his daughter Fatimah: "Indeed, I am for you a blessed Salaf."

When asked about which was the correct and acceptable way of understanding Islam, the Prophet (may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace) replied by saying: "That which I and my companions are upon."

Similarly, Allah says in the Quran that He is pleased with the companions "and also those who follow them exactly (in faith)."

As such, He said regarding the Prophet (may Allah raise his rank and grant him security) and his companions:

"So if they believe as you (i.e. the Salaf) believe, they are indeed rightly guided."

All of the orthodox scholars of Islam followed the way of the Salaf in understanding religion. Early scholars such as Imam al-Awzaa'ee, who died 157 years after the Prophet's emigration to Medina, said: "Be patient upon the Sunnah, and stop where the people (i.e. the Salaf) stopped, and say what they said, and refrain from what they refrained from, and follow the path of your righteous Salaf; for verily, sufficient for you is what was sufficient for them."

Today, one of the famous Sunni schools of jurisprudence is named after a scholar named Abu Haneefah. Millions of Muslims all over the world ascribe themselves to his school of jurisprudence; those who the media would term "mainstream" Muslims. Regarding adherence to the Salafi methodology, he said, "Adhere to the narrations and way of the Salaf, and beware of newly invented matters (in religion), for all of it is innovation."

The orthodox scholars who came after these early generations also followed the understanding of the Salaf in religious matters. Imam ath-Thahabi said: "It is authentically related from ad-Daraqutni (a scholar from approximately 1,000 years ago) that he said: There is nothing more despised by me than 'ilmul-kalaam (innovated speech and rhetoric). I (adh-Thahabee) say: The man never entered into ’ilmul-kalaam, nor did he enter into argumentation (i.e. philosophy), he did not delve into that. Rather, he was Salafee (a follower of the Salaf)."

Precious Star

Assalamu Alaikkum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

In fact, you should understand, the worst of disbelievers and the most famous one, Iblees, made du'a to Allah that he be left alone and reprieve him till the day of Judgement. And Allah accepted it. Then what about the believers? We, often underestimate the power of du'a and stop doing it or believing in it. From, your statement I feel like you have given up hope in Allah. And you make du'a without hope. That is not how du'a is made and you might want to seriously consider changing your intentions. Allah wants his worshippers to make du'a to him constantly and he is ready and eager to provide. Moreover, if something bad happens to you, you might consider it bad but you know not, Whatever Allah decrees for a person is good for him. It might be a trial or test, that helps him strengthen his faith or it might be something to prevent a bigger trouble. Allah is the most wise and he knows things that you know not. If you want to know, why your supplication is not answered, here is an advice and you might want to check if there is anything wrong:

And you might want to read the part I made bigger very carefully.

May Allah give you good.

Baarakallahu feekum.

I think you and I are saying the same things. Read what you have enlarged. There are some dua that remain unanswered and are stored up for the hereafter. At the end of the day, if what we ask for is not part of God's plan, we won't get it, but, as a reward for being patient, we may get something in the Hereafter. Understand that the Hereafter is an abode that is completely different from this existence...our needs, desires, actions etc will be nothing like the world we live in right now. That is why the Holy Quran speaks of Jannah purely in metaphorical terms because with our limited vision we would be unable to grasp the breadth of that existence. For example, marriage and procreation are milestones in our earthly life; the next life will be vastly different.

All this to say, yes sometimes Allah answers our supplications. Sometimes we are saved from calamities. Sometimes we just have to bear our disappointments with patience until we die. Remember that our dua do not operate outside the realm of human existence. Miracles happened to the Holy Prophets, as they were chosen by God to serve as reminders to the rest of humankind. None of us here are anywhere close to the exalted positions of the Prophets (although I think sometimes that there are people here on tti who like to think so, lol)

Make dua with the hope they will be answered. But God is not our butler....he does not do our bidding. We do His.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Why are you so stuck on the disappointments. You are the one who is placing limits on the generosity of Allah.
If you set out to be disappoint that is all you will get. You have the self-fulfilling prophecy of being disappointed.

Faith is not getting what you want when you want it or getting it at all. Faith is also a process of letting go of what we hold dear. Things and people we thought were our universe and when they disappear Allah replaces that with which is better.

How can you say Allah sometimes answers us. He responds to the call of the Believers at all times. That statement needs to be taken back sister. That is serious. It is our limited understanding.

I have no clue what you mean by dua is limited to human existence. There are jinn that are Believers and they pray. Do not put parameters on Creation.

Miracles happen to plain simple ordinary folk. Have you ever been on empty on gas in your car and driven a good 60 miles without a gas-station in sight..and you supplicate to Allah to get you home cause you don't have a penny in your pocket..and you want to get home to hug your babies...I don't know about you ..but I called that a little miracle. Makes you want to put a little extra in the zakat box, if you know what I mean.

Stay positive. He who Loves us..does not disappoint us. He gives us the very best of the very best.

Precious Star

Assalaam walaikum,

Why are you so stuck on the disappointments. You are the one who is placing limits on the generosity of Allah.
If you set out to be disappoint that is all you will get. You have the self-fulfilling prophecy of being disappointed.

Faith is not getting what you want when you want it or getting it at all. Faith is also a process of letting go of what we hold dear. Things and people we thought were our universe and when they disappear Allah replaces that with which is better.

How can you say Allah sometimes answers us. He responds to the call of the Believers at all times. That statement needs to be taken back sister. That is serious. It is our limited understanding.

I have no clue what you mean by dua is limited to human existence. There are jinn that are Believers and they pray. Do not put parameters on Creation.

Miracles happen to plain simple ordinary folk. Have you ever been on empty on gas in your car and driven a good 60 miles without a gas-station in sight..and you supplicate to Allah to get you home cause you don't have a penny in your pocket..and you want to get home to hug your babies...I don't know about you ..but I called that a little miracle. Makes you want to put a little extra in the zakat box, if you know what I mean.

Stay positive. He who Loves us..does not disappoint us. He gives us the very best of the very best.

I really think you should read my comment again, and carefully this time. Allah responds to the call of Believers at all times, but what you are having difficulty grasping is that the "answer" may not be in the form or time that we want or xpect. Again I urge you to re-read my comment. That answer could be by way of saving us from a calamity, or storing up our dua for the next life. The answers are often beyond our comprehension.

I drove 100 km yesterday on an empty tank of gas.

I'm not going to quibble about the definition of a miracle. I'm just not going to do that because I think there are far far more important matters to ponder over. Suffice it to say, most 90 yr old women will not become pregnant like the wife of Zakaria AS, or undergo a virgin birth like Maryam, or be swallowed by a whale and live to tell the story like Jonah AS, or part the red sea like Moses AS.

It's not always about who is right and who is wrong and who has faith and who doesn't.