Some Questions from someone trying to understand....

dianek

here i m posting a book about women's rights in islam hope this'll help you
Men and women are created equal.
If a man has advantage of 1 thing the women will have advantage of another thing
example
2 people taking exam
A gets first second and third questions right and forth wrong
B gets first wrong and the rest correct

both get the same grade u understand what i m saying?

Where do women get advantages? I don't see that. They slave for the man and their children (as I do), they handle all the affairs of the home and in my case the outside work as well. I work FULL time and am the mother of 4 children. Yet, I get home and have the whole house to clean, dinner to cook, kids to bathe, homework to do with kids, cut the grass, wash the dishes, do the laundry DAILY.......while he is home all day before work and does nothing but what pleases him. And from what I understand, women in islam are supposed to do all this while smiling and being kind, then dressing up pretty so they can slave to their husband in private. Where does a woman benefit? Are bodies destroyed for having kids...demand after demand on us......we cannot care for ourselves and no one is caring for us.

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
"But he must just be a really poor example of how a man should be in islam"
i think i agree because he isn't following the Islam correctly
if he would' have you would have no problem and plenty of influence to be a muslim.
i've read so many stories of women being converting to islam after getting married to a muslim man and vice versa and in some cases both husband and wife converted.
A good mosque would've helped you alot though
try making friends here and ask them questions you dont know trust me you'll find islam totally logical and peaceful
May Allah give you guidence to follow Quran and ahadees.

here i m giving you a link of a download (book)
its called Allah's miracles in the Quran
it'll scientifically prove Quran is the word of Allah
if u believe in science you'll understand how amazing Quran is
The scientific discoveries that are being found out today by the scientists with latest technology was in the Quran 1400 years ago
and there's alot of them
and because of this lots of people and scientists all over the world have become muslims and the muslims people have tightend their beliefs
REALLY REALLY RECOMMEND YOU TO READ THIS BOOK

http://67.15.54.25/downloads/3dd4fef15f777673453d51c19ae72289/kuranda_allahin_mucizeleri_en.zip

you can get more book from this author from here
http://harunyahya.net/V2/Lang/en/Pg/WorkList/Work/Book/Lango/2/Order/Name/PageNumber/1

dianek

"But he must just be a really poor example of how a man should be in islam"
i think i agree because he isn't following the Islam correctly
if he would' have you would have no problem and plenty of influence to be a muslim.
i've read so many stories of women being converting to islam after getting married to a muslim man and vice versa and in some cases both husband and wife converted.
A good mosque would've helped you alot though
try making friends here and ask them questions you dont know trust me you'll find islam totally logical and peaceful
May Allah give you guidence to follow Quran and ahadees.

here i m giving you a link of a download (book)
its called Allah's miracles in the Quran
it'll scientifically prove Quran is the word of Allah
if u believe in science you'll understand how amazing Quran is
The scientific discoveries that are being found out today by the scientists with latest technology was in the Quran 1400 years ago
and there's alot of them
and because of this lots of people and scientists all over the world have become muslims and the muslims people have tightend their beliefs
REALLY REALLY RECOMMEND YOU TO READ THIS BOOK

http://67.15.54.25/downloads/3dd4fef15f777673453d51c19ae72289/kuranda_allahin_mucizeleri_en.zip

you can get more book from this author from here
http://harunyahya.net/V2/Lang/en/Pg/WorkList/Work/Book/Lango/2/Order/Name/PageNumber/1

Thank you and I will. I am aware of some of the findings (embryos, sea division, etc.). i will peruse tonight....after I fall down from exhaustion LOL!!!!!!!! Thanks again!

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
Where do women get advantages? I don't see that. They slave for the man and their children (as I do), they handle all the affairs of the home and in my case the outside work as well. I work FULL time and am the mother of 4 children. Yet, I get home and have the whole house to clean, dinner to cook, kids to bathe, homework to do with kids, cut the grass, wash the dishes, do the laundry DAILY.......while he is home all day before work and does nothing but what pleases him. And from what I understand, women in islam are supposed to do all this while smiling and being kind, then dressing up pretty so they can slave to their husband in private. Where does a woman benefit? Are bodies destroyed for having kids...demand after demand on us......we cannot care for ourselves and no one is caring for us.

well sister please dont get upset.
you are looking everything from a different prespective. you are looking at u and your husband and saying islam is wrong.
If your husband puts so much load on you it's not islam's fault is it cuz islam says not to hurt anyone's feeling or put pressure on your wife
judge islam by the Quran or Prophen SAW not people.

UmmOf3

Regarding swimsuits......how can women be expected to be FULLY covered in 100 degree weather and to swim like that with the clothes schaffing their legs. Is Islam really that biased? Why do MEN get to have ALL the enjoyment and satisfaction out of life? And tell me this, if my husband knows this as a muslim, then shouldn't he STOP forcing me to go to the beach and suffer as he enjoys himself? I am stubborn so I don't wear a swimsuit to avoid large scale war but I DO wear shorts and dare him to say anything about that. I am tired of him imposing his faith on me. If I want to be Muslim I will do so until then, let me be! I feel as though I get all the punishment because I am not muslim without committing the sins! Does that make sense?

I wear abaya (the black cloak) and hijab, even to the beach. If I ever get to go to the beach. If I do, its usually with the kids, because my husband absolutely hates it. Because there is half naked women there, half naked men, and God knows when suddenly breasts can appear. If he was really decent, and really religious, your husband would not go there anyway.

Its against islam to see naked people, PERIOD, regardles if you are a man or a woman. He should not even be there.

My exhusband, however, was pretty much like your husband, only that he did not bring me to the beach even, he wanted to stay there by himself, to check women, let them think he was single.

Need I stress why he is an EX...?

UmmOf3

Dont look at your marriage, and say its islam, please! Dont look at muslims and say its islam... Look at islamic sources, with evidence from the Quran first, and also Hadiths.

I could tell you about my life, as a mom of 3 kids, its not easy... And yet I want more and more kids. Because they are a blessing from God to us.

I benefit. Because when my husband is happy, God is happy with me. When I am tired, God knows my pain, and my ace, and He let me sleep. When I am tired, my husband pick me up, and share my load. Like God told him to do.

My kids demand me 100% when they are awake. When they sleep, they are on my mind. One has probably ADHD, another one is an autist (Aspergers, borderline genious) and the last one is just in her Terrible Two's. Alhamdulillah. I thank God, the most High, every day for them all. And pray for another one, and another... There is no bigger blessing than to have children. Its not a demand. Its a blessing.

seeking_peace1

Your Sister in Islam
Hello dianek I want to ask you something:

where does your husband come from I mean is he asian? and secondly you said you have 4 kids, any daughters?

zainsmommy

I have to agree with the few Brothers here who say that he is definitely not a good example of a Muslim man.
I know as a convert, it is very hard for me to accept some things, I see one person or hear one (or even a few) say this and that and automatically, I am defensive. Only though, because I do not understand. I have learned that I cannot look towards other Muslims around me as my role model. It is sad to say, but I can't. Only because the ones I have seen have only confused me and made things worse. You must educate yourself first before making assumptions and also, you need to find, and it WILL be hard, a good Muslim to help you better understand Islam. It might help you in your marriage. If you become educated about what is right and wrong, then you can gently guide your husband in that direction.

Anyhow, I will tell you this...
I was divorced, with 3 children...I converted to Islam...met my husband now. He said that it IS HIS responsibility to take care of me and the children. Even the ones who are not his. He married me so he took them too. He said I do not have to work, I can stay home with the kids...if I want to work..I can. He makes NO demands on me whatsoever. He is very kind, very gentle and very softspoken. If anything...I am the rowdy one. I believe this is how a Muslim husband should be. He(your husband) should not EXPECT all those things from you.
I presented my husband one time with this question...what if we don't have the money for me to stay home. He said "then I will get another job, three if I have to to make you happy". It is how Islam teaches them to treat their women. So you see, not every man is like your husband and it is really a shame that you are only seeing that. I understand now why you have this view of Islam. :(

p.s. No offense to my Muslim Brothers and Sister here wuth what I said up there. I think everyone knows that in these times, our Ummah is suffering and this is the impression that Christians and others are getting from us. I have to speak the truth. If anything, it should give us more motivation to change.

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
Women
One of the most widespread misconceptions about Islam is that it abuses and
humiliates women. Nothing could be further from the truth - Islam accords women
the high level of honor and dignity that they deserve.
Islam teaches that men and women are partners in life. Allah (Almighty God) says:
And from amongst His Signs is this: That He created for you wives from amongst
yourselves, so that you may find serenity and tranquility in them, and He has put
between you love and compassion. Indeed, in this are signs for those who reflect
[Qur’an 30:21].
Men and women are spiritually and morally equivalent since they originate from a
common source. Allah (Almighty God) says: O mankind! reverence your Guardian-
Lord, who created you from a single person, created, of like nature, His mate, and
from them twain scattered (like seeds) countless men and women; - reverence Allah,
through whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (reverence) the wombs (that
bore you): for Allah ever watches over you [Qur’an 4:1].
No one would dispute that males and females have a different physical and
psychological make-up. Accordingly, Islam envisages different but complementary
roles and responsibilities for each gender, suited to their unique abilities and
strengths.
What about women’s rights in Islam? 1400 years before the foundation of the
modern feminist movement, Muslim women enjoyed the right to run a business, own
property, earn an honest living, inherit wealth, enter into a legal contract, provide
legal testimony and initiate a divorce. It was a Muslim woman, Khadija, the wife of
Muhammad and a successful businesswoman in her own right, who comforted him
after his initial encounter with the archangel Gabriel, which left him emotionally
shaken. She was the first to believe in his message. Islamic history is jeweled with
examples of brilliant female scholars, whose dazzling intellects enlightened the minds
of both male and female students.
Muslim women are criticized by some for adopting the hijab – the Islamic dress code.
This is an indication of the unfortunate state of the world in which we live. Since time
immemorial, the hijab has been the mark of an Allah-conscious and modest woman.
This quality is recognized in the habit of the Christian nun – which is almost identical
to hijab, and in the idols and images of Mary, who is always shown wearing hijab -
yet it becomes a reason for scorn when adopted by Muslim women. This is just
another manifestation of anti-Islamic prejudice.
Many people believe that Muslim men force Muslim women to adopt hijab against
their will – a baseless assumption that observant Muslim women find highly offensive.
Muslim women cover first and foremost as an act of obedience to Allah (Almighty
God). In addition to feeling closer to Allah (Almighty God), many women who adopt
hijab experience a feeling of liberation. The hijab allows a woman to be judged by
her intelligence and other noble qualities rather than by her physical characteristics.
It protects her from lingering, unwelcome lustful stares, and allows her to reserve
her beauty for her husband and close relatives alone. Contrary to popular belief,
observant Muslim women continue to enjoy a position of honor, and a high level of
self-esteem that comes from being cherished, respected, and protected.

Sakeena

my advice

I have some questions for you all. I am not muslim, but wanted to find out what the "islamic" perspective is on the following:

Asalam alaikum sister,

my advice:

You are the one who made the decision to marry a Muslim man as a Christian when you know that a man has more rights over his wife.

Halloween---My husband will not allow our children to participate in Trick or Treating. However, down the street there is a muslim family who does allow their children to trick or treat with friends as long as they do not dress up.

Halloween. Just forget about. It's not a religious holiday. If you want, go out and buy candy for your children on Eid al Fitr and Eid al Adha. Halloween is not a Christian holday, it's a pagan holiday. We don't celebrate it. It's very haraam (sinful) so what do you want us to say? We can't defend you against him. He's a Muslim and we are Muslims too.

Thanksgiving---Why would there be ANY problems in having Thanksgiving meals with Christian family members when really it is just to thank GOD for what he has given you and more than that is just really an American Tradition?

Well, that's kinda crazy, but he's your husband. Did he give u a real reason as to why u can't celebrate Thanks Giving?

Christmas---We do not do Christmas at home, which is reallly sad to me, but I do go to my parents house and take the kids with me. This has become a time of war for me and my husband. I see no harm in them going for the sake of my parents as long as they are not preaching to the kids.

In Islam, we do not do bad things just to please others. Christmas is a bad holday and has nothing to do with Jesus (PBUH). Your husband probably doesn't want his Muslim children surrounded by Christian celebration.

And HONESTLY, there is no religion in Christmas in my family. It's just gifts and food and family. Should he relax and let me partake in my family events for the sake of my family as well as let the children?

Well, if it has nothing to do with religion then what's the point in celebrating it? Celebrate EID! It has so much more meaning than any other holiday!

LASTLY, another point of my husband and I's arguements, the beach and pools. He loves to go to the beach in the summer and swimming.

Again-His right over you.

I love to go to but he will not allow me to wear a swimsuit.

Why would you want to? So other men can look at you like a piece of bloody meat? You should cover and be modest and remain chaste. A Muslimah would understand this more because it's an obligation.

And i am uncomfortable sitting on the beach in pants and shirts sweating to death

Then don't go!

and not enjoying the water while he frolics about. What do you Muslim women do in this situation?

We don't have those problems because we're Muslim, our husbands are pious loving Muslim men and we do what we can to please them for the sake of ALLAH (SWT).

All our vacations are at the beach.....which has become no longer fun for me, just boring and unhappy. Please advise.

What exactly do you want us to tell you? Your always angry at us Muslim women forcing our beliefs on you.

salam take care sister!

Sakeena

zainsmommy

What exactly do you want us to tell you? Your always angry at us Muslim women forcing our beliefs on you.

salam take care sister!

Sakeena

I am a Muslim convert...I love Islam and everything in it. Hard to understand and adapt sometimes? SURE...but that is all the part of learning.
I took offense as a Muslim sister to your response Sister. The only thing I saw in this thread was you proving her right about her thoughts on Muslims?!!! That the men RULE over the woman, putting us BENEATH them...and also some of your words were very harsh...imposing, condescending...I would like to know if you know the response you will get from her now? It will no doubt be the EXACT anger and misunderstandings she feels with her husband.

I truly believe that defending Islam is very important and should be done by Muslims...but at the same time, we should defend it in a way that shows the true Islam. Not a hateful, condescending, "what do you expect from us?" Islam.

May Allah guide us all and may Sister Diank forgive those who offend her, and seek the knowledge she needs from reputable sources to help keep the bond in her marriage and also to educate her on the true Islam.

Sakeena

salam alaikum,

I would like to apoligize to sister Dianke. :girl3:

Please forgive me for what I said what wrong.

I'm sorry please forgive me.

Zainsmommy, I was NOT proving to her that she is
right, she can believe what she wants.

Okay, I was very harsh, but all I'm saying is, it's odd to give advive to something who continuously opposes help from us.

salam

Sakeena:hijabi:

dianek

Hello dianek I want to ask you something:

where does your husband come from I mean is he asian? and secondly you said you have 4 kids, any daughters?

My Husband is from Tunisia, North Africa. I have 3 girls and 1 boy. 1 girl is from my previous marriage. Let me tell you what a trial that has been. My husband and her go at each other terribly over his reactions to everything normal for a 11 year old girl to do. I truly fear for the younger 2 that are his in their future.

Yes kids are a blessing but it is SO hard to be the sole caretaker and have to do it all alone while being told that because I am not a muslim I am a devil and am only treated well when he thinks I am centering my world around him. Which I have stopped doing. How do you ladies do this without every needing a break or reward in THIS life. THANKS TO GOD-----He and the 2 middle children are going to Tunis for a month and a half very soon! I look forward to the physical, mental and emotional break.

I miss the man I married. I don't know this person now. Just a little while ago he chastized me for listening to MUSIC.....I always listen to it and he has too until recently. I have to say, he is somewhat of a fanatic and that frightens me. I think he is trying to hard to be his idea of a good muslim.

seeking_peace1

Your Sister in Islam
although the lady is gone but there is something thats needs to be realized Islam should not be judged by muslims the follwers becuase Islam is Perfect but we muslims are just as humans as anyone else so we are NOT perfect.and secondly i think the lady needs to sit down and analyze her marital situation more than getting into a discussion which means nothing at this stage.something that was supposed to be done before getting married.but anyway may Allah Talah guide her husband to the right path.

zainsmommy

salam alaikum,

Okay, I was very harsh, but all I'm saying is, it's odd to give advive to something who continuously opposes help from us.

salam

I SEE!!! Sorry, I have not been around enough to know that. Forgive me as well...I just saw it and that was the thought that came to my mind. That it was harsh and would give someone reasons to believe we are all the same as the Muslims she has been in contact with.
BUT...I see also how you would become upset.
Next time....I will wait until the end of the thread before I open my big mouth. :)
I hope I did not upset you either. I know it is easy to get upset at non Muslims for their one sided view of us, Insha'Allah we will all gain patience and help to educate the world about Islam. To educate people who are willing to listen.

Please forgive me.
No hard feelings?? :shymuslima1:

I tried to send you a pm and your box is full? :(

dianek

salam alaikum,

salam

I don't want to oppose. I want to understand.....isn't there a thread on here called ask a muslim woman....that is what I thought I was doing. I want to know what really motivates you........I guess coming from where I am, I was taught that a man can do for himself and in what I have read Islam says PLEASE YOUR HUSBAND.....my final question is at what cost to yourself should you do so? For me, I married him not knowing a practicing muslim. I researched and asked questions from him (about wife beating arab men, control issues) he told me "I am from Tunis, we aren't like that. What do you think we are like Middle Easterners? We are very European." When we met he was living life freely, like me, drinking and partying and worse for him, hashish.........he was womanizing. I never imagined meeting someone like him. If he intended to change, he should have been fair to me in detailing what he would eventually expect from a wife and practice in religion. I was not given a true chance to make an educated choice really. I do not mean to seem as though I am attacking Muslims.....I am not. I admire the women who wear hijab in the face of opposition, how hard it must be to get jobs here in the US. I couldn't do it. I do not want to go to the beach to be Naked as the sister asked. But I go to be with my husband to spend time with him and the kids and sacrifice the joy of the beach by sitting in the sand suffocating and miserable. We have built a house in Cap Bon on the Mediterranean and am looking forward to using it's private beach next summer........
Also, as a woman, don't you miss the need to feel attractive, to be desired at all? I do NOT wear revealing clothes (imagine that grotesque site after 4 kids, LOL), but I used to love to see my husband look at me after I come in from work and tell me how pretty I was.....now, those same clothes that he bought me he curses and swears to tear them up. Can you see my confusion? Do mosques offer couple counseling?

Thank you sister for understanding in earlier post that this is why I am disenchanted with islam. I am also disenchanted with christianity........Maybe I will just become a Wiccan.....HA HA....JUST KIDDING!

seeking_peace1

Your Sister in Islam
ok now that you are back lets begin:

first of all your husband has no right of thrusting on you. he married you as a christian he knew it and now he should be contended with the reality. the way you describe him there’s no question of talking before you two got married.

secondly dianek as far as the halloween, thanksgiving and christmas are concerned if these events have a religious background then being a muslim your husband is not supposed to celebrate them just as some brother/sister said.but he can not stop you from doing so be it you or your daughter from first husband.

thirdly as for your question about swimming and beaches is concerned; just as some brother or sister said he shouldn't be visiting those places himself in the first place.

as far as "woman is supposed to make her husband happy all the time with no relief" is a wrong impression you've got. most probably your husband told you so. no way. it is the TWO WAY TRAFFIC. both have rights and duties towards each other its not a matter of equality (i just do not understand this discussion of equality there’s nothing common b/t the two so what is the question of equality both are different) he has rights on you and duties towards you. just as he wants you to provide whatever he needs from you, in the same way you've the right over him to provide you, help you in every way possible. in Islam husband and wife both are referred as clothing for each other. they provide each other comfort, love and peace of mind. there are examples of our dignified Sahabah the Companions of Prophet SAW who used to help their wives with the daily routine chores.

and as far as aspiring to look attractive and all that tell me dianek what does a human being strive for in ones life… I think top most priority is peace of mind, tranquility, satisfaction to sum it up all Happiness, in general. I cannot stop myself from saying that despite all the liberty and freedom that west has provided the women of their societies still they are not happy so whats the point…we muslim women feel contented with hijab and the beauty that Allah bestowed upon us for the ones who deserve to see it.

but anyway i think the situation asks for a serious sit down and heart to heart talk because its not just your life it is a question of your kids future instead of being hurt you need to talk. if I’m not wrong I think your husband is following his culture more than Islam. I don’t know much about the place you mentioned I thought he’s from asia. and do try to get hold of more info about different mosques and ask for their help in every way be it your marriage or your confusions about Islam.

if theres anything that I could do I’ll be more than happy to.you can always message me. I got to go now. tc W’Salam all.:SMILY139:

UmmOf3

How do you ladies do this without every needing a break or reward in THIS life.
Who said we dont need breaks?

Or rewards? :D

Hehehe. I sometimes take a kid or two, and go to my parents-in-law, or go alone to the capital to do some serious hijab-shopping... Or we send the two oldest kids (mine from my first marriage) to my parents for some weeks in the summer, and we are free to enjoy life little more, me and DH together...