some questions

betty

Asalaam Aluakim,

I am not a full "muslim" yet, I am looking into it. I was born catholic but dont believe in anything the church believes in. I believe in ONE God and I dont believe in the trinity, Jesus is god stuff. no no. I think its nonsense and I am treated like a outcast because of this belief.

Anyways I am in the slow process of reading the quran and I have some questions.
1)
IS Allah deciving the non believers? I mean many times I see that he does not show them the truth. Why is that.? I dont have my Quran with me but I can be more specific later.
I also read a part where Allah is angry with some people because they killed his prophets. Is Allah talking about the Jews or non believers?
3)
I am told over and over by catholics that Muhammad cannot be a prophet because he was old and all prophets are young. This dont make sense to me because wasn't Moses 'OLD'?

Thanks for your help!

Betty

Kakorot

Asalaam Aluakim,

I am not a full "muslim" yet, I am looking into it. I was born catholic but dont believe in anything the church believes in. I believe in ONE God and I dont believe in the trinity, Jesus is god stuff. no no. I think its nonsense and I am treated like a outcast because of this belief.

Anyways I am in the slow process of reading the quran and I have some questions.
1)
IS Allah deciving the non believers? I mean many times I see that he does not show them the truth. Why is that.? I dont have my Quran with me but I can be more specific later.
I also read a part where Allah is angry with some people because they killed his prophets. Is Allah talking about the Jews or non believers?
3)
I am told over and over by catholics that Muhammad cannot be a prophet because he was old and all prophets are young. This dont make sense to me because wasn't Moses 'OLD'?

Thanks for your help!

Betty

I want to answer question no.3. Yh many of the prophets were old, even older than Muhammad peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him. Like Noah lived up to 950 years calling people to worship Allaah alone. I think Zakariya was old too and some prophets peace be upon them died after living over 100 years. Muhammad peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him became a prophet when he was 40 and passed away when he was 63. So he only lived prophethood for about 23 years. And he is the last messenger of Allaah.
If anyone else can come up with a better answer, then plz do so.

mhamzah

Hello and Welcome.

1) IS Allah deciving the non believers? I mean many times I see that he does not show them the truth. Why is that.? I dont have my Quran with me but I can be more specific later.

Are you refering to the statement 'Allah guides whom He Wills' it not than can you be a bit more specific.

2 I also read a part where Allah is angry with some people because they killed his prophets. Is Allah talking about the Jews or non believers?

When they are invited to accept the message that Allah has revealed, they say, “We only believe in what was sent down to us.” They reject everything that is revealed elsewhere, even if it is the truth; even if it confirms that which they already possess. Ask them, “Why, then, did you kill the prophets of Allah, if you consider yourselves to be the true believers?” (2:91)

This particular verses is refering to the Jews. However the Quran does not pain all Jews and Christians with the same brush. It says among them are those;

1. Who killed the Prophets.

2. Who write with their own hands and say it is from Allah. Compare that to Bible book of Jeremiah 8:8

'How can we say we are wise and we have the Law (Torah) with us, what we have is what the scribes have written with their lying pen'

3. Among them are those who believe and so on and so forth.

3) I am told over and over by catholics that Muhammad cannot be a prophet because he was old and all prophets are young.

This dont make sense to me because wasn't Moses (pbuh) 'OLD'

massi

Asalaam Aluakim,

1)
IS Allah deceiving the non believers? I mean many times I see that he does not show them the truth. Why is that.? I dont have my Quran with me but I can be more specific later.
3)

Thanks for your help!

Betty

first

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:

secondly

1* I think you are here to ask question right ? so why !!!you don't believe a human being is God and the chaos of the trinity why !! because it's impossible thing , it's a belief made by men !!! so how you discover that !!!
it's your mind which God has blessing the mankind with it !! the Quran ask you to use your mind and look for the truth !!! Allaah will guide to the truth if you are honestly willing to follow the truth !!!

The fate of kuffaar who did not hear the message of Islam

2*The Jews were famous by killing the prophets, the Last one was Jesus christ peace be upon him but Allaah rescue him .
3* Allaah choose his own messenger old or young !! but what's wrong if our prophet peace be upon him was old (40 years old) , nothing , if Allaah trust him , so are we more knowledge then God !!!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Asalaam Aluakim,

Wa Alaikom :)

1)

It is not He (swt) does not show them the truth..it they who have drowned themselves in pride and love for this world..so while immersed in these things..their hearts have become *tough* and eager to break the laws and commandments of Allah (swt) and as a punishment for them Allah has *sealed* their hearts *further*...read the following verse:

"Then because of their breaking of their covenant, and their disbelieving in the revelations of Allah, and their slaying of the prophets wrongfully, and their saying: Our hearts are hardened - Nay, but Allah set a seal upon them for their disbelief, so that they believe not save a few". [Annisaa'a, 4:155]

If I am not wrong..I think you're referring to the verse below?..

"Lo! those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, and slay the prophets wrongfully, and slay those of mankind who enjoin equity: promise them a painful doom". [Al-Imraan, 3:21]

If this is the verse you're referring to..then *the people* you're asking about are the Jews and the Chrisitians..in the commentary of the Qura'an by Ibn Katheer, Al-Baghawi, Al-Qurtubi, and Al-Tabari..through a hadith of The Prophet (pbuh)..in which he says:

"The children of Israel slayed 43 prophets in one hour, early in the day. Then 170 (in another narration 112) men from amongst them got out to enjoin the good and forbid the evil and they were killed by the end of day. These are the people spoken about in the verse (i.e. 3:21)"
3)

I do not understand the logic behind this statement..if anything..one would say about many of the prophets that *they were too young to be prophets*..but regardless of age..prophethood is assigned to prophets from birth..true..their revelations might come at varying ages..but essentially they are *all* prophets chosen by Allah from infanthood!..hence the miracles done by or for them (peace be upon them) by Allah..examples..

1. Prophet Moses (pbuh) when he did not suckle from any woman while in the palace of the pharaoh..until his mother was brought as a last resort (though it was not known to the servants and everyone in the palace that she was his mother)..and he suckled from her and thus was given to her care again..

2. Also we have the story of Prophet Ishamael (pbuh) when he was an infant crying due to thirst in the valley of Makkah with his mother Hajar..and when his feet rubbed on the floor..the fountain of Zamzam sprang forth..

3. What about the story of The Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) when he was a young child and angel Gabriel (as) came with other angels..layed him on the ground..opened his chest..took out his heart..washed it in a basin of gold to take out the leech-like presence of Satan in his heart..and put it back in place..and The Prophet (pbuh) walking away like nothing happened to him?

4. Finally we have the story of Prophet Jesus (pbuh) when his mother (peace be upon her) brought him after giving birth to him and while being accused and slandered he (pbuh) *spoke* to reveal her innocence and declare *his prophethood* to all

I hope this helped you in one way or another..if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask..because you will learn and help others learn as well..welcome to TTI..and inshallah we will all hear the good news of reversion from you soon :)

Salam

interesting.

its not that Allah SWT deceives anybody, what He does is that He gives them a free choice. He shows His signs everywhere in the world. from answering the creation of the planets to the development of a fetus all is mentioned in the Quran.

however sometimes ppl are stubborn, their pride gets in the way, so they even refuse to look at the evidence. that reminds of this user here on this site, she wanted scientific proof of the validity of the Quran. so i gave it to her.

in one of the posts i mentioned that milk is a hygienic source of calcium and proteins (which is a proven well known fact). she stated that milk is "unhygienic". now what do you do with such a person who is so stubborn that she would go against proven scientific facts and just refuse to believe?

so its not that Allah deceives someone. He shows them His signs but people get stubborn because they want to "win" not actually look at proof.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

ALLAH meaning the ONE God cannot decieve anyone in the sense we think..
u dont believe in Jesus as god and believe in ONE GOD do u think the ONE GOD whomyour heart has believed in would deceive anybody....
rather it is people who deceive themselves and they plot and plot -think for a moment of how much money missionaries are sprnding in africa and elsewhere -for what so people -hungry and starving say that jesus is god -do you approve of that would you-still the missionries think they are on a mission from god which god jesus? isnt this a deception ,think how judiciously they are planning and controlling the media and labelling islam defaming it -they think they are right,they are saving the world and liberating it -never mind the people dying in afghanistan and iraq-is this not deception .third think of how they make people believe that we evolved from monkeys and they themselves believed in it- is not this a deception.

SO HAVE THEY BEEN DECEIVED BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO BELIEVE IN ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGERS

hana*

welcome aboard betty,

Allah is not deceiving anyone, its the opposite, He sent prophet after prophet to mankind to tell them the sole message of: worship one God. many ofcourse rejected this claim and said that there is no chance we will be re-created after we die and they also said 'do you make our gods into One God'.

Allah was angry with the children of Israel because yes as you said they killed Prophets, they broke the sabbath, they reddiculed God on many occasions, they even worshipped a calf made of gold.

you will find Islam has the answers to all youre questions, good luck and God guide you to the truth.

hope to hear from you soon

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

Allah does not deceive anyone but the greatest deceiver the devil does that, I dont understand how you could get that from the Quran, because in many verses Allah has said that he guides whom he pleases to his religion and whoever is misguided no one can guide him aright. So you see Allah is perfect and free from all faults and deficiencies. I see many brothers and sisters here have answered your questions i just wanted to advise you that if you correct you belief in ONE god as you said before then you must build up that foundation with finding out more about Allah and his attributes. Islam is the only purely monotheistic religion on Earth so i just wanted to congratulate you in looking into this way of life and i ask that Allah guides you along the way to worship him alone with no partners.

Also another advise if you dont mind me advising you :shymuslima1: is to not overwhelm yourself with too much information, the first step in submitting to ONE God is declaring that you worship Him Alone, (Shahada) And that step is the biggest step once you have accepted Allah As your lord the rest of the information will just affirm your belief in Allah.

Hope i didnt offend you i really admire you looking into Islam :hearts:May Allah guide you to the truth ameen

:wasalam:

betty

here is what one I talk about,
2-213
. And only those to whom (the Scripture) was given differed concerning it after clear proofs had come unto them through hatred, one to another. Then Allâh by His Leave guided those who believed to the truth of that wherein they differed. And Allâh guides whom He wills to a Straight Path.

I have a few more but I have to find them. I REALLY want to understand what it means, thanks:tti_sister:

mhamzah

here is what one I talk about,
2-213
. And only those to whom (the Scripture) was given differed concerning it after clear proofs had come unto them through hatred, one to another. Then Allâh by His Leave guided those who believed to the truth of that wherein they differed. And Allâh guides whom He wills to a Straight Path.

I have a few more but I have to find them. I REALLY want to understand what it means, thanks:tti_sister:

Salam Alakyum,

Tafsir (commentary);

Allah says to His Messenger : `O Muhammad (pbuh):

(Verily, you guide not whom you like)' meaning, `the matter does not rest with you; all that you have to do is convey the Message, and Allah will guide whom He wills, and His is the ultimate wisdom,' as He says:

(Not upon you is their guidance, but Allah guides whom He wills.) (2:272)

(And most of mankind will not believe even if you desire it eagerly.) (12:103) This Ayah is even more specific than the following:

(Verily, you guide not whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills. And He knows best those who are the guided.) meaning: Allah knows best who deserves to be guided and who deserves to be misguided. It was recorded in the Two Sahihs that this Ayah was revealed concerning Abu Talib, the paternal uncle of the Messenger of Allah . He used to protect the Prophet, support him and stand by him. He loved the Prophet dearly, but this love was a natural love, i.e., born of kinship, not a love that was born of the fact that he was the Messenger of Allah . When he was on his deathbed, the Messenger of Allah called him to Faith and to enter Islam, but the decree overtook him and he remained a follower of disbelief, and Allah's is the complete wisdom. Az-Zuhri said: "Sa`id bin Al-Musayyib narrated to me that his father, Al-Musayyib bin Hazan Al-Makhzumi, may Allah be pleased with him, said: "When Abu Talib was dying, the Messenger of Allah came to him and found Abu Jahl bin Hisham and `Abdullah bin Abi Umayyah bin Al-Mughirah with him. The Messenger of Allah said:

(O my uncle, say La ilaha illallah, a word which I may use as evidence in your favor before Allah ﴿in the Hereafter﴾.) Abu Jahl bin Hisham and `Abdullah bin Abi Umayyah said: `O Abu Talib, will you leave the religion of `Abdul-Muttalib' The Messenger of Allah kept urging him to say La ilaha illallah, and they kept saying, `Will you leave the religion of `Abdul-Muttalib' -- until, at the very end, he said that he was on the religion of `Abdul-Muttalib, and he refused to say La ilaha illallah. The Messenger of Allah said:

(By Allah, I shall certainly seek forgiveness for you unless I am told not to.) Then Allah revealed:

(It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask Allah's forgiveness for the idolators, even though they be of kin) (9:113). And there was revealed concerning Abu Talib the Ayah,

(Verily, you guide not whom you like, but Allah guides whom He wills.)'' This was recorded (by Al-Bukhari and Muslim) from the Hadith of Az-Zuhri.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whom Allah Swt Guides

First of all we need to understand human are given a choice, either they can believe or disbelieve.

Surah 18:29

Say: (It is) the truth from the Lord of you (all). Then whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve. Lo! We have prepared for disbelievers Fire. Its tent encloseth them. If they ask for showers, they will be showered with water like to molten lead which burneth the faces. Calamitous the drink and ill the resting-place!

Surah 25:57

Say: I ask of you no reward for this, save that whoso will may choose a way unto his Lord.

Surah 73:19

Lo! This is a Reminder. Let him who will, then, choose a way unto his Lord.

Surah 80:11-12

Nay, but verily it is an Admonishment, So let whosoever will pay heed to it,

Those who wants guidance, Allah swt will surely guide them to the right Path.

Surah 29:69

As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths
, and lo! Allah is with the good.

Hope that answers your question.

:wasalam: