Something has been on my mind...

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
Something has been on my mind for some time now. When I converted to Islam, I was [unfortunatly] a Baptized Christian. I know that I'm considered an apostate/heretic, but will I also be considered a Muslim? The latter is more important to me. I don't want my past to prevent me from the truth...

mosabaig

Hmmm

Dear Brother,

I like to know a little more about your question, just for my own information, if you can.........Thanks

:shahadah: :salah:

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bismillah,

Dear brother, you are a Muslim and that is what is the most important thing in the world.
What your religious belief was before ayou shouldn't bother ouyrself anymore, it can only put hardship on your heart.
What you're considered by your previous belief system has no significance and shouldn't either.
Try to learn Islam, and maintain your Salah (prayer) regularly, and always ask Allah (swt) for forgiveness and guidance.
Also keep hold of the jam'a (muslim congregation) and don't stay on your own. Anytime you can be with the brothers stay with them, talk to them.
I advise you to avoid loneliness for the Shaytan likes the loneliness and tries to infect you with either loneliness or despair.

Alhamdulillah that you found the truth brother. I ask Allah (swt) to guide and protect you.

Wassalaam.. your brother Ibn Adham.

zarah

Islam
Staff member
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2: akhi,

Everyone in Duni`yah is born as a muslim,its just that they start to follow something else and get astrayed to the wrong path.
:muslim_child:

:wasalam:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah

when u embrace Islam, u r like a newborn baby with no sin.

Thank you for the response. That eased up my worries.

And also, thank you for your response zarah.

Dear Brother,

I like to know a little more about your question, just for my own information, if you can.........Thanks

I was baptized as a Christian June 4th of this year. I then left Christianity around July 10th (not sure of the exact date, but it was around that date).

I turned to Islam October 28th of this year. I then read somewhere that Heretics are people who are Baptized Christians who turned to another religion. I was proud to be called a Heretic by Christians :D

Anyways, I then started to think that Heretics weren't allowed in Islam (dunno why). And I got worried that because I was Baptized, I wouldn't be accepted by Allah into Islam. So then I asked this question, and it was all cleared up.

Delyan

dear brother

El salam aaleyk

Remove this idea that you could be judged or punished by Allah because of what you WERE !!, Allah Forgives, Allah Knows what is in your heart : you reverted yourself in Islam, that means you have changed the sens you used to give to your life : indeed, you have given yourself for a few days the possibilty to CHANGE the direction of your life and to take the Right one : quite the contrary, I would say that it s been hardest for you for you used to live as a nonmuslim and Allah Would rather Feels PROUD to feel the strenght u ve got to come back to him because as a sister said we all born muslim .. Then don't worry, you ve made the good choice, u ve taken the good decision and we are with you if you need any help. Be stroong and close to Allah, He s always by your side and He s listening to you.

wa salaam
sis delyan

OmarTheFrench

Thank you for the response. That eased up my worries.

And also, thank you for your response zarah.

I was baptized as a Christian June 4th of this year. I then left Christianity around July 10th (not sure of the exact date, but it was around that date).

I turned to Islam October 28th of this year. I then read somewhere that Heretics are people who are Baptized Christians who turned to another religion. I was proud to be called a Heretic by Christians :D

Anyways, I then started to think that Heretics weren't allowed in Islam (dunno why). And I got worried that because I was Baptized, I wouldn't be accepted by Allah into Islam. So then I asked this question, and it was all cleared up.

When you revert to Islam you are a newman brother dont forgot this.

Kayote

El salam aaleyk

Remove this idea that you could be judged or punished by Allah because of what you WERE !!, Allah Forgives, Allah Knows what is in your heart : you reverted yourself in Islam, that means you have changed the sens you used to give to your life : indeed, you have given yourself for a few days the possibilty to CHANGE the direction of your life and to take the Right one : quite the contrary, I would say that it s been hardest for you for you used to live as a nonmuslim and Allah Would rather Feels PROUD to feel the strenght u ve got to come back to him because as a sister said we all born muslim .. Then don't worry, you ve made the good choice, u ve taken the good decision and we are with you if you need any help. Be stroong and close to Allah, He s always by your side and He s listening to you.

wa salaam
sis delyan

Masha'Allah thats a good answer.

As you probably know NewMuslim, we all have a direct contact with Allah (SHW) & if you are honest to our Creator then He will be pleased with you & He is the only one truly worth pleasing.