something strange and important

easy123

Massalam

in surah "The Sun" 91. it says: 1by the sun and its brightness 2and the moon that follows him(the sun) 3and the day that reveals the brightness 3and the night as it veils the brightness...

now look and the second vers , the moon doesnt follow him. but why do so many translate "by the moon as she follows it and then add THE SUN" i think allah ment to say "by the moon as she follows it(The brightness)" you know ,, like borrows his light

because all verses talk about the brightness exept the second and i think its wrong.. i think all verses in this surah talks about the suns brightness otherwise its a unscientific error to say that the moon follows the sun.. sooo many translate it wrong,, but anyway do you think the same because i can not read it in arabic so give me help :SMILY176:

ASSALAMU ALEIKUM J.A.K

mahussain3

Son of Aa'ishah(R.A)
Massalam

because all verses talk about the brightness exept the second and i think its wrong.. i think all verses in this surah talks about the suns brightness otherwise its a unscientific error to say that the moon follows the sun.. sooo many translate it wrong,, but anyway do you think the same because i can not read it in arabic so give me help :SMILY176:

ASSALAMU ALEIKUM J.A.K

:salam2:

:astag: :astag: :astag:

Never compare Islam in the LIGHT OF SCIENCE,:astag:,n if ur comparing then always see science in the LIGHT OF ISLAM,I hope u understood...
None can traslate the text of Holy quran until n unless he has a full command over Arabic language...N ur saying that u don't know Arabic n still ur saying that the Translation is wrong?
Do u want the translation as n what u like?:astag:
:astag: :astag: :astag:
Masalamah

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
^^ u r right.
one has to know the proper arabic with proper grammer and vocabulary in order to clarify the misconceptions about the Quran. non muslims keep on bringing questions like this. Grammical mistakes, scientific mistakes. but they can't prove 1 thing of the Quran wrong. It's the true word of god.
i was looking at a debate called Quran and the Bible in the light of science. Muslim's represent was Dr. Zakir naik and christian representer was Dr. William campbell who has also done missionary work for over 40 years.
Dr william campell "supposidely" found 23 scientific mistakes in the Quran (he has written a book about those 23 mistakes aswell i think it's also called the Quran and the Bible in the light of science) which Alhamdullilah were all replied with satisfactory and logical answers. Wheras Dr. Zakir naik replied with tons of errors in the Bible of which 1 or 2 were answered by dr william campbell and none of these 2 were logicval or satisfactory.
So a muslim must have knowledge of these things in order to stop all misconseptions about islam and to give da'wah.

gangstaat

Allah Hu Akbar
Islam is the complete solution. All the discoveries that are being found today all were in the Quran 1400 years ago.

salahdin

ASSALAMA ALEIKUM WA RAHMA TULAAHI WA BARAKATU.you are referring to suratul ash-shams (the sun) verse two.THE MOON WHEN SHE FOLLOWS HIM.Him is this case is the sun and its followed by the moon i see nothing wrong.I recomend QURAN EXPLORE TRANSLATION ENG-PICKTHAL WITH VOICE OR WITHOUT.

tabaria

Massalam

in surah "The Sun" 91. it says: 1by the sun and its brightness 2and the moon that follows him(the sun) 3and the day that reveals the brightness 3and the night as it veils the brightness...

now look and the second vers , the moon doesnt follow him. but why do so many translate "by the moon as she follows it and then add THE SUN" i think allah ment to say "by the moon as she follows it(The brightness)" you know ,, like borrows his light

ASSALAMU ALEIKUM J.A.K

If you just give it enough thought it makes sense. I had to come back to it. The second verse is moon following the sun. It's kinda hard to explain but it seems to me its the sun that is first bright for the day, than the moon takes its place. I'm not expert though. Try emailing Islamonline.net But from reading the first part of the chapter it seems that its insurance that:

YUSUFALI: Truly he succeeds that purifies it,
PICKTHAL: He is indeed successful who causeth it to grow,
SHAKIR: He will indeed be successful who purifies it,

YUSUFALI: And he fails that corrupts it!
PICKTHAL: And he is indeed a failure who stunteth it.
SHAKIR: And he will indeed fail who corrupts it.

notice all the ones before it always start with By...

So if the world does in fact rotate than these things are true. Once again not an expert, but it doesn't seem to me that its saying the moon and sun are on the same orbit. Which i think is ur issue with it.

:wasalam:

maninfosys2003

Plz find below the interpretation of each verse..

Quran 36: 38 And the sun runneth on unto a resting place for him. That is the measuring of the Mighty, the Wise

THE SUN's Trajectory
According to astronomers' calculations, the Sun moves along a path known as the Solar Apex in the path of the star Vega at an incredible speed of 720,000 kmph. In rough terms, this shows that the Sun traverses some 17.28 million km a day.

Quran 36: 39 And We have decreed set phases for the moon, until it ends up looking like an old date branch.
Since the Moon revolves around the Sun together with the Earth, it follows a path through space which resembles the letter “S.” The appearance of this orbit resembles the twisted shape of a dry date branch, as is revealed in the Qur’an.
www.answering-christianity.com/hurmadali.jpg
www.harunyahya.com/articles/images_articles/moon_orbit.jpg
See above images

Quran 36: 40 It is not for Sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day.They float each in an orbit

By stating that the sun is not permitted to "overtake" the moon, the Koran is making clear for astronomers, in their own terminology, that the sun and the moon are not revolving around the same object. It also makes clear that the movement that causes night and day has nothing to do with the movement of the sun and the moon. In the first part of the statement, the sun is mentioned as the one that cannot "overtake" the moon. In the second part it is the night that cannot "outstrip" the day. This is completely contrary to popular earth-centered (geocentric) systems, in which day and night were associated with the sun's movement (popular at the time of Muhammed).

Simon &Jacqueline Mitton in Invitation to Astronomy (1986), states
.a planet travels more slowly the further it is away from the sun. Thus the Earth regularly "overtakes on the inside", the planets that are further out. The overtaking causes the apparent backward loop in planet's path ..

Coming to urQns..Its now evident that if one witnesses a Solar Eslipse, any common man can surely tell,that its Sun who follows and overtakes the moon, as seen to the eyes...SO that Y Allah swt tells in 36: 40 that Sun cant cross moon...

Now aplying same common sense to Surah 91 will answer ur doubts

easy123

If you just give it enough thought it makes sense. I had to come back to it. The second verse is moon following the sun. It's kinda hard to explain but it seems to me its the sun that is first bright for the day, than the moon takes its place. I'm not expert though. Try emailing Islamonline.net But from reading the first part of the chapter it seems that its insurance that:

YUSUFALI: Truly he succeeds that purifies it,
PICKTHAL: He is indeed successful who causeth it to grow,
SHAKIR: He will indeed be successful who purifies it,

YUSUFALI: And he fails that corrupts it!
PICKTHAL: And he is indeed a failure who stunteth it.
SHAKIR: And he will indeed fail who corrupts it.

notice all the ones before it always start with By...

So if the world does in fact rotate than these things are true. Once again not an expert, but it doesn't seem to me that its saying the moon and sun are on the same orbit. Which i think is ur issue with it.

:wasalam:

Assalamu aleikum Wr Wb ,, thank you brother you have given me much help here,, but i would like to say = why are everybody in here thinking that im a kaffiroon :S ? i just asked the question, but i already thought that it means the suns brightness,, but so many translate wrong.. but thank you brother again J.A.K

:D :)

uskupi

Assalamu aleikum Wr Wb ,, thank you brother you have given me much help here,, but i would like to say = why are everybody in here thinking that im a kaffiroon :S ? i just asked the question, but i already thought that it means the suns brightness,, but so many translate wrong.. but thank you brother again J.A.K

:D :)

assalam alaikum...i did not see that anyone in here is thinking that you are kafiroon neudhubillah,not at all...but i like you koment on Suretul-es-Sems(91).We humans can geve only particular tafsir of certain surah only Allah subhanehu we teala knows the meaning from all diferent aspects .I think that brother ...mahussain3...made very good remark namley that we should see the science through Islam and not to see Islam through science...assalam alaikum