Somethings im not sure if its true

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:
I start with the name of Allah the most graceful and merciful

My mom said something today that i cant get a hold on, my mom is a really wise women but its not to say she cant be wrong, i dont want her to believe in something that is not correct.

I was telling her the story of this lady i saw on youtube, she got pregnant with her boyfriend had a girl, and then later she become muslim and i would say the daughter is muslim too. My mom says the girl is not halal, the daughter doesn't have the halal blood in it, so she is not a gud muslim in an islamic view :S i just dont feel like thats true? althought she cud be wrong i have no Quranic verse or hadith to support my disagreement with her, I dont want to be rude to her but if she is wrong i would like to correct her :)

daywalker

Assalamualaikum.

Ask your mother does blood has something to do with belief. and be kind to her by asking =)

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

sobhanallah...

when it comes to faith...it is fitrah that counts...that soul is innocent of what it its parents did..and it's innocent from all the evils surrounding it...it was born due to a decree of Allah..how can one assume that it will be *impure* off the bat???...

her claim is practically no different from the christian claim of *everyone is born in sin because our father Adam committed a sin*...she is extending the mother's sin to the baby...and I do not think that conforms to Islamic belief..ONE BIT...

sobhanallah...

though I hate to make mention of it...but one can go on with tens of examples of children born in halal marriages...with practicing..obedient...allah-fearing parents...and ao'otho billah...these children grow up to be the furthest from being Muslims in character and in faith...

but at the same time...I can tell you of children who were born out of wed-lock...to MUSLIM MEN AND WOMEN...they were THROWN IN ORPHANAGES...and sobhanallah...they grew up to be pious...and upright...got married...had children...and built families and lived their lives as any moral Muslim would...

things are not so black and white...there is a divine wisdom even in the consequences of sins...we need to reflect upon them first...before we pass judgements which make the heart ache...

I would recommend that you quote to her the verses which speak of how every man and woman is responsible for his/her own deeds...and the verses which speak of ones forefathers not having influence over their descendants' destinies...unfortunately I am not a hafiza of the Qura'an so I cannot pinpoint the verses...but inshallah someone will help out with this...and remind her of the innocent pure *fitrah* every soul is born upon...

truly...we need to fear Allah in passing judgements in cases such as these...

May Allah Guide Us All To What Pleases Him..Inshallah

:wasalam:

yameenahmed

daywalker and muslimah86 both are exactly correct but i dont understand what is meant by halal blood or haram blood its there any thing in blood No its only in faith

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
thank you everyone thats what i thought but i didn't want to say anything without confirming it alhumdulilah it has been confirmed.
I know it brings great shame to me ... but alot of Pakistani culture is influenced by hindu culture its ridiculous and i think this might be a case of that.
thank u everyone for confirming
Alhumdulilah

aijou18

I totally agree with "a_muslimah86'...we are the servants of Allah, Allah knows best, and He is The Most Forgiving, Most Loving.

Who are we to judge others about things we don't know....things like this will only make it difficult for others who want to get close to Allah, to Islam, to change, to repent.

We don't even know our fate..what will happen to us in the next five minutes.

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
I start with the name of Allah the most graceful and merciful

My mom said something today that i cant get a hold on, my mom is a really wise women but its not to say she cant be wrong, i dont want her to believe in something that is not correct.

I was telling her the story of this lady i saw on youtube, she got pregnant with her boyfriend had a girl, and then later she become muslim and i would say the daughter is muslim too. My mom says the girl is not halal, the daughter doesn't have the halal blood in it, so she is not a gud muslim in an islamic view :S i just dont feel like thats true? althought she cud be wrong i have no Quranic verse or hadith to support my disagreement with her, I dont want to be rude to her but if she is wrong i would like to correct her :)

I hate it when people do that, i guess its all about tribalism. Whenever i tell my mom or family about reverts and how pious they are Alhamdulillah, All they see is colour creed race which is B.S.

InshaALLAH! when the right time comes i've decided to marry one. PLZ PRAY FOR ME!

Abu.Amirah

A.A,

Yesterday in mosque the question regarding a child born outside the marriage was asked,and the Imam without using Hikma just started to say....A haram child has no right to take the name of the father nor does it hav the right to inherit wealth of the father if the father dies.....and before the gathering was concluded another Imam stand to correct his statement and he said......All children born r sinless and there is no child who can be called haram nor do they have any haram blood inside them.....the act which the father and the mother did are regarded as haram but not the child and we muslims should try to avoid calling such childrens with this names coz they r not at fault.

When you drive a car and end up in an accident you cannot blame the car but the driver is the one to be blamed.

From websites :-
Imam Sugondo says the measure has been taken to prevent illegitimate children suffering psychological or other harm due to their being labelled “haram”.

If you call them “haram” it implies they have committed some sort of sin, it’s not good for their development.

Sexual relationships outside of marriage remain illegal, but any children resulting from them should not become victims of their parents’ sin, he said.

Protecting children is more important than worrying about being accused of legalising adultery.(INDONESIA)

Please correct me if am wrong.

Jazakallahu kheir!!

hassana elkoussi

A.A,

Yesterday in mosque the question regarding a child born outside the marriage was asked,and the Imam without using Hikma just started to say....A haram child has no right to take the name of the father nor does it hav the right to inherit wealth of the father if the father dies.....
Jazakallahu kheir!!

As-salamu alaikom,

If you check fatwa no.95580 in Islam Q&A , you'll find the same opinion given by the above imam: that the child shouldn't be given the name of the father and has no right to inherit the father after his death. He should take the name of the mother and if they're in a country that doesn't allow that, then he's given any other name that doesn't belong to one in particular to use in official documents.

This is not done " without using hikma " The hikma here is not to make matters so easy for sinners to do whatever crosses their minds. If two commit adultery and have a child and the mother is so confident that this child is not going to face any problems later in life, then why not ? If someone has gangrene , he has no choice but to have this gangrenous organ amputated or cut off .Is that being savage and unthoughtful ?? On the contrary, it's for the good of this person in order to make him live. There's a fiqh ruling which says," Warding off harm should be a priority rather bringing about benefit".The same thing applies here. Even the sinners themselves are to be lashed or stoned and a group of muslims are demanded to watch this without having any pity for them. The whole thing is done for the good of the Ummah to make it as pure as possible and to limit sins and sinners to the minimum.
Allah knows best .

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

I hate it when people do that, i guess its all about tribalism. Whenever i tell my mom or family about reverts and how pious they are Alhamdulillah, All they see is colour creed race which is B.S.

InshaALLAH! when the right time comes i've decided to marry one. PLZ PRAY FOR ME!

you are right brother, and to tell you the truth im in a similar situation, and my parents do base some things on ethinicity which annoys me but i try to be respectable and stay quiet inshallah they will learn to accept my wife not so different from them.

q8penpals

As-salamu alaikom,

If you check fatwa no.95580 in Islam Q&A , you'll find the same opinion given by the above imam: that the child shouldn't be given the name of the father and has no right to inherit the father after his death. He should take the name of the mother and if they're in a country that doesn't allow that, then he's given any other name that doesn't belong to one in particular to use in official documents.:

Assalam aliekum

With regard to what I have highlighted in red, isn't that punishing the child for the father's sin? Why should a child have no inheritance because his dad couldn't control himself? I don't understand this.

Lana

hassana elkoussi

Assalam aliekum

With regard to what I have highlighted in red, isn't that punishing the child for the father's sin? Why should a child have no inheritance because his dad couldn't control himself? I don't understand this.

Lana

It's mainly to make people think more than once and to consider all the consequences, both in this world ( dunya) or in the Hereafter before surrendering to their lust. This may seem harsh, but don't forget that it's a major sin. " You may think it simple,but it's great in the eyes of Allah"( Surah An-nour)

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
As-salamu alaikom,

If you check fatwa no.95580 in Islam Q&A , you'll find the same opinion given by the above imam: that the child shouldn't be given the name of the father and has no right to inherit the father after his death. He should take the name of the mother and if they're in a country that doesn't allow that, then he's given any other name that doesn't belong to one in particular to use in official documents.

This is not done " without using hikma " The hikma here is not to make matters so easy for sinners to do whatever crosses their minds. If two commit adultery and have a child and the mother is so confident that this child is not going to face any problems later in life, then why not ? If someone has gangrene , he has no choice but to have this gangrenous organ amputated or cut off .Is that being savage and unthoughtful ?? On the contrary, it's for the good of this person in order to make him live. There's a fiqh ruling which says," Warding off harm should be a priority rather bringing about benefit".The same thing applies here. Even the sinners themselves are to be lashed or stoned and a group of muslims are demanded to watch this without having any pity for them. The whole thing is done for the good of the Ummah to make it as pure as possible and to limit sins and sinners to the minimum.
Allah knows best .

i think that was a bad fatwa that was given. granted, i am in no way some great shaykh, but they are human beings and have at times given bad fatwas. the issue with the woman that was mentioned in the opening thread, was not a muslim when she became pregnant. she was still in jahiliyaa. therefore, her acceptance of islam removed the sin of zinaa from her. the fatwa really didn't hold the blame on the man. nevertheless with today's technology the DNA of a human being can easily be determined, ending any doubt of paternity.

the shaykh, comparing the child to a body part with gangrene is cruel. the child is a human being not a body part.

hassana elkoussi

i think that was a bad fatwa that was given. granted, i am in no way some great shaykh, but they are human beings and have at times given bad fatwas. the issue with the woman that was mentioned in the opening thread, was not a muslim when she became pregnant. she was still in jahiliyaa. therefore, her acceptance of islam removed the sin of zinaa from her. the fatwa really didn't hold the blame on the man. nevertheless with today's technology the DNA of a human being can easily be determined, ending any doubt of paternity.

the shaykh, comparing the child to a body part with gangrene is cruel. the child is a human being not a body part.

Salam alaikom,

What's meant here is that the punishment, though seemingly harsh, it's meant for the general good of the Islamic community.The child himself is helpless and not to blame.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
I think the main concept is that a child is born pure of sin he has no sin at birth, i think having sin at birth is christian concept where the child must be baptized to cleanse its sins.
:) thank u everyone for great answers