Status of Raffle tickets/Lucky draw?

raylis

Assalaamu'alaykum,

I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me if selling raffle tickets and lucky draws is permissible in Islaam?

I've come across some articles on the Internet that says raffle tickets are haram.

What about holding a lucky draw? i.e. to be specific, we have a grand prize. But for people to be eligible to win this grand prize, they need to buy a car sticker, for instance. However, the money obtained from the sale of the car stickers will be used for other purposes, as the prize was a gift from someone.

Is this permissible, anyone?

Jazzakamullaahu khayran kathira

Wassalaam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Assalaamu'alaykum,

I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me if selling raffle tickets and lucky draws is permissible in Islaam?

I've come across some articles on the Internet that says raffle tickets are haram.

What about holding a lucky draw? i.e. to be specific, we have a grand prize. But for people to be eligible to win this grand prize, they need to buy a car sticker, for instance. However, the money obtained from the sale of the car stickers will be used for other purposes, as the prize was a gift from someone.

Is this permissible, anyone?

Jazzakamullaahu khayran kathira

Wassalaam

:salam2:

i've thought about this topic before. i've seen a masjid have a raffle function once before. however it doesn't mean that it's halal. sadly, many masajid are introducing haram things in them or falling into innovation ( BID'AA ). i don't really know if anyone hear can actually answer this question. i think you should refer to a scholar of islam.
:wasalam:

hassana elkoussi

I agree with brother nyerekareem that u will need scholarly advice in this issue.When u get one, plz let us know the ruling. Salam

Believer

Assalamu Aleykum,
I would also like to know the answer to this question thanks for bringing it up Bro/Sis. I have been to Eid festivals where they have raffles and the money raised, goes towards funding the Masjid, but as Bro nyerekareem said it doesn't mean it makes it halal. It would be good to see what the answer to it is...
Wa Aleykumus Salam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

i should've also added that, whenever i am in doubt as to whether something or not is halal or haram, i try to avoid that thing is best as possible. you may need time to find out the ruling on raffles from a scholar, but in the mean time, i would avoid any dealings with raffles or drawings.

Believer

It's SIS :lol:
opps sorry sis :shymuslima1:

i should've also added that, whenever i am in doubt as to whether something or not is halal or haram, i try to avoid that thing is best as possible. you may need time to find out the ruling on raffles from a scholar, but in the mean time, i would avoid any dealings with raffles or drawings.

Yes JazzakAllah for the indirect approach but the key word was I “have” been – at the time I didn’t know there was a debate regarding it being Haram or Halal. Allahu Alam. If I have done something wrong, I ask forgiveness from Allah.