staying away!!

Rivergirl

:salam2: brothers and sisters!!
i wanted to ask something,there is a wedding that is coming soon that i dont want to go to, namely becos i would have to see my dads side of the family who ruined my day as well as other things they have done to me and my mom! the wedding is actually my dads brothers. basically i hate them, and i know when i see them i will only see RED and the anger inside will just boil over and consume me. inshallah i will forgive one day but never forget.
one of the reasons i am still so angry when i see them is that i never got a chance to have it out with any of them and they riuned everything and still think they were in the right.
anyways, i cannot go to this wedding, as i know it will destroy me, in that i lash out at anyone, become moody and then become depressed. i want to stay away from a situation that will do this to me. the problem is that my family and husband wont understand this and will think im just being stubborn. however, i once ages a go came across, now i dont remeber if it was an hadeeth, or verse from the Quran, in which it says that it is best to make up with kin but if you cannot it is best to stay away from them, something along those lines.
i was hoping somebody here will quide me to an hadith or verse in the quran which will help my family to understand that it is better for my iman to stay away. This may all sound superficial but i really dont want to lose what i have now, my confidence, my ability to move forward and not want to take revenge or make comments at the weding just to get my own back,,,becos thats just wrong, and i know i cant sit there, pretend to be fine and see my husband up there with the people i hate!!!
forgive me if i have said anything wrong!!
:wasalam:

muslim-girl

asc sis

Asc sister

. i understand u and feel u , but sister i think u should just forgive them and u dont have to mixe up with them. a Muslim can not be upset at other more then 3 DAYS, and even though i dont follow that hadith everytime. its very hard but we just have to. because if not our good deeds will not be accpeter. subhanaALlah so we actually have to think about our selfs not them. so inshaAllah sis just forgive them and dont be close to them , the earth its not big for fun, but so that we can live peacefull among each other. i have the same problem similiar to urs, i dont like my sister in law, and we had a big fight and so on , but at last i forgave her and say sorry , but now we dont talk that most , we just say Asc not more. so inshaALlah forgive them and leave them with peace. inshaALlah kheyrs. thats my advice.

Rivergirl

:salam2:
i know what u are saying, but it is so hard to forgive a bunch of people who did things out of nothing but malice. my fathers sister did everything to get at my mum, i have tried but i cant forgive, i know it is wrong, but wheneva i see them, i get so angry inside. as i said i think it is due to the fact that alot of things were left unsaid, and i never got to say anything to them! recenlty one of my dads brothers had a birthday party for his son and he invited my dad but not anyone else like my mum, and when he was questioned on this he said that the relationship between his family and my mum and her daughters, me and my sister is no more. which is fine. my mum can still see them and forget about it, but i really Hate like i have never hated b4.
i dont wish them any harm, and i even pray for my aunty, the biggest schemer, to have a child which she longs for, but i still could not bring myself to forgive.

A Kashmiri

Asallamu Alaikum,

This is not the closest fatwa of your situation but it may help.

Question: I have been grievously wronged by someone in the past, and in my heart I am finding it very difficult to forgive him. It constantly bothers me. Will I be deprived of any of Allah's blessings if I do not forgive that person? What is the ruling with regards to not forgiving someone?

Answered by the Fatwa Department Research Committee - chaired by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî

If you can find it in your heart to forgive that person, it would be of great benefit to you. However, it is not obligatory on you to forgive a person if that person has wronged you and refuses to make amends by restoring to you your rights.

However, you should not be unjust to him or refuse to greet him.

It was related in our history that `Umar b. al-Khattâb did not reconcile with the killer of his brother Zayd, even after that man accepted Islam. At the same time, this dislike did not cause `Umar to treat that man harshly or deprive him of any of his rights.

Nonetheless, you should keep in mind Allah’s saying: “Those who spend (freely) whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain their anger, and pardon people; for Allah loves those who do good.” [Sûrah Âl-`Imrân: 134]

http://www.islamtoday.com/show_detail_section.cfm?q_id=688&main_cat_id=14

May Allah help you...

faazin

Assalamu alaikum,

Assalamu aliakum Sister,

i went trough your problems, let me start with supplication, may the best hapen to you, islam teaches the vaues of family in hadith and quranic verses, it has great value in our belief and in being said as a muslim(muslima)... one muslim(muslima)cannot stay for more that three days witout talking to his/her relatives or to any one who is knonw to them.

there is a hadith narratin about Rasool(PBUH), there was a girl who was protesting against our beloved Prophet(PBUH), every day Prophet(PBUH)use to walk beneath her house , were she use to throw garbages knowly , to put a hindrance to prophet(pbuh),. but Prophet(PBUH) never reacted to it, she kept on repeating the same thing, but he never responded, but one day Prophet(PBUH)did not see her, means, he did not have any problem, so Prophet(PBUH)enquired about the girl. He came to know that the girl was not feeling good.The Prophet(PBUH) went to her house to see her, and prayed for her well being, seeing that , Masha Allah, The girl Believed Islam...Allahu AKbar....!!!...

Thats what islam teaches, family comes first, it is also tought that "heaven is beneath parents feet"...

so ,sister, forgive them, ALLAh will take you to higher... Ameen..

tabuzbr

salaamulikum dear sister like many others i hav also been wronged very badly by my mother's side to the extent that they r solely responsible for my mother's death around 20 years ago when i was just 12 yet i could understand facts and then they took me under their wings they did every injustice perhaps possible but somehow after my marriage they also severed my and my brother's relationship with my father and completly tried to destroy our image in the society,but still like u said even i avoid them and they r happy aobut it but to be very truthful i don't hate them cos i feel hatred is a disease that actually kills us frm inside,and makes u feel hollow somewhere, so all i would tell u is don't nurse any hatred towards them avoid if u can or be decent enough to show u r a good muslim if u come across them but alhamdullilah our Prophet(SAWT) is definitelythe greatest example and iam truly inspired by Him.MAY ALLAH THE ALMIGHTY ALSO GUIDE U IN A SIMILAR WAY.AMEEN

Rivergirl

:wasalam::salam2:
i have not been unjust to any of them, and like i said i dont wish them any harm i just cant stand to see them. they have come to my house to see my husband and totally ignore and blank me out of the picture. they come not fo me, not for the fact that i am their brothers daughter, but for my husband and his family! i have never been rude, just dont talk and they do the same! my mum has no one but her children, for what they have done to her i cannot forgive,,i know it is better for me but they will do it again, in their hearts they want to see me and my husband apart!! it got so bad at a stage in the past that i was ready to die, thats how bad it got to me,,,and thats how bad i do not want to go to this wedding!!!
thank u to all!!!

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
I think you need more time to get over the rift with your family, of course it's better to make up with them, but if the time isn't right it's not right. Maybe you can try taking things slowly, give them a call once in a while just to see how things are going, inshAllah it will get better from there.:wasalam:

massi

if you don't wanna to go don't go but you have to be smart ...for not hurt anyone ...:SMILY259: ...Allaah know the best

Rivergirl

if you don't wanna to go don't go but you have to be smart ...for not hurt anyone ...:SMILY259: ...Allaah know the best

but how can i, do this, no one will be hurt, maybe my husband a little bit for me not going with him, but he will have his dad with him. my dad will undersatnd and my mum will deffo understand she will still want me to go!! im hoping my friends wedding will be on the same day so i can just go to hers,,but my luck is never that good!! maybe i will just stay at home and have a great halal girlie party with my muslim girl friends, with lots of yummy food, samosas, pakoras, kebabs, spicy yogurt chutney and lots of chocolate, galore!!!!!!!!!
:holaaa:
seriously im not a horrible person, im not vindictive and most of the time things that happen i let go over my head, its just these particular people who bring the worst out of me!!!! i have regualar talks withh Allah (SWT) about this and it calms me down!!!!

faazin

hii..

let me suggest you the best way...... ask to the ALLMIGHTY..!!>. YOU konw, Thahajjud, is the time wen Allah accepts all the supplications...!!!...

try it ..... you will c d difference .>!!>>!>

massi

i just want to share this fatwa
Her husband’s sister is causing problems for them

Question:
I am a married woman and mother of three children, and my husband fears Allaah and honours his parents. But my husband’s sister always causes problems between me and my husband, because she tells him a lot of lies which always causes us to argue and sometimes affects our marital life. But recently my husband has found out that she is in fact lying. This time things got very complicated, as she had the audacity to swear and revile and impugn my honour and that of my husband, and she incited his parents against him and me by fabricating lies so as to demonstrate her innocence. It should be noted that she is their only daughter, which gives her parents more reason to believe what she says, so they believed her and did not believe my husband. This has led to tension between my husband and his parents, and with me too. But despite all this he still upholds ties with his parents and his other siblings, except for her.
Is there any sin on my husband for severing ties of kinship with her? Is she regarded as kin for me? Please note that I have tried in many ways, direct and indirect, to get close to her, such as giving her gifts, honouring her as a guest and so on, but now I want to keep away from her so as to avoid trouble between me and my husband’s family, so that I will not be a barrier between my husband and his parents. With regard to his parents, I want to remain in touch, but from a distance, such as getting in touch on special occasions. May Allaah reward you with good.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

I ask Allaah to set your affairs straight and not to allow the shaytaan any way to affect you, and to guide you to that which is good and right.

You have done very well by hastening to reconcile and work things out, and in this way you have done what is required of you and avoided sin. Your efforts will be accepted in sha Allaah. After doing all you could to try to bring about a reconciliation and solve the problem, keeping your distance may be the best solution, I mean your keeping away from your husband’s sister and avoiding close contact with her, especially if the matter has reached the stage of impugning people’s honour. The same applies to keeping away from your husband’s parents, if keeping in touch will cause problems, because the husband’s family are not close relatives (arhaam) of yours with whom you are obliged to uphold ties, as has been explained in the answer to question no. 75057.

Rather they are the husband’s relatives, so it is not permissible for him to cut off ties with them, even if they annoy him and insult him.

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that a man said: O Messenger of Allaah, I have relatives with whom I try to keep in touch, but they cut me off. I treat them well, but they abuse me. I am patient and kind towards them, but they insult me. He said: “If you are as you say, then it is as if you are putting hot ashes in their mouths. Allaah will continue to support you as long as you continue to do that.”

Narrated by Muslim (2558).

Al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

What this means is that it is as if you are feeding them hot ashes, which is a simile, likening the pain they feel to the pain felt by one who eats hot ashes, and there will no blame on the one who is doing the right thing, rather they are the ones who are committing the great sin of severing ties with him and annoying him. And it was said that what is meant is that by treating them kindly, you will make them feel ashamed of themselves because of the greatness of your kindness towards them and the abhorrent nature of their actions. And it was said that what they consume of your kindness is like hot ashes that burn their stomachs. Sharh Muslim (16/115).

So he has to put up with all the annoyance he faces from them, strive to uphold ties with them within the limits that will not cause further problems, and try not to make matters worse. He should use kindness and good treatment in dealing with his sister, in the hope that Allaah may guide her to mend her ways. He should try to advise her and explain how things really are, and he may seek the help of others who are closer to her than him. He should treat his parents with nothing but kindness, and you should help him in that and encourage him to uphold ties with them and treat them kindly. Remind him of the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allaah orders the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly) then verily he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend.

35. But none is granted it (the above quality) except those who are patient — and none is granted it except the owner of the great portion (of happiness in the Hereafter, i.e., Paradise and of a high moral character) in this world”

[Fussilat 41:34-35]

The scholars of the Standing Committee were asked about a similar problem to that mentioned in the question, and they replied:

We advise you to honour your mother and to speak kindly to her, and not to show that you are upset with her. You must keep on advising your sister in good ways to refrain from stirring up problems if she is not in the right.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (25/254).

Let your intention in keeping away from them be to wait until everyone has calmed down and can think again, until Allaah creates love and compassion among you and good relations are restored in your family, for that is one of the greatest aims which sharee’ah came to achieve among people.

It says in Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (26/127):

Islam enjoins instilling love among the Muslims, and encourages them to love one another, be compassionate towards one another, and uphold ties with one another, so that their affairs will be set straight, their hearts will be pure and they will be united against others. Islam warns them against enmity and grudges, and forbids them to forsake one another and sever ties. It is haraam to sever ties with another Muslim for more than three days. In al-Saheehayn and elsewhere it is narrated from Abu Ayyoob al-Ansaari (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible for a Muslim to forsake his brother for more than three days, each of them turning his face away when they meet. The better of them is the one who greets the other first.” In Sunan al-Tirmidhi it is narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Beware of discord, for it is the shaver,” i.e., it shaves religious commitment.

What the Muslim must do if there is any problem between him and his brother is to go to him, and greet him with salaam, and treat him kindly in order to reconcile between them. There is great reward and salvation from sin in that.

End quote.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=85317&ln=eng
:SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259:

summertime

sister :)
In al-Saheehayn and elsewhere it is narrated from Abu Ayyoob al-Ansaari (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It is not permissible for a Muslim to forsake his brother for more than three days, each of them turning his face away when they meet. The better of them is the one who greets the other first.”

I just wanted to ask does this count for non muslim relatives aswell???I started a thread about this but was'nt able to get a proper answer and im still confused