Stoning to Death in Islam.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Do you believe this is a man made barbaric ritual or something that we have been ordered to do in certain circumstances.

It is written in hadith as said by hadhrat Omar bin al Khattab that this is a valid practise in certain circumstances. Whether this practise is abused is another question.

Do you see this as a part of Islam.

safiya58

:salam2:

as a muslim, I´m convinced that the only law which is just is the law of Allah (Subanallahu Teala) but sharia can only be used when the circumstances for it are given in the society... when we live in a country which is not ruled by sharia rightly and where is so much fitna how can we insist on stoning someone or cutting his hand etc.... sharia means justice first before stoning people to death all the movies, songs which contains haram stuff has to be cleared off... we live in a chaotic world when there is no fair system the sharia can not be used.... that´s why the prophet (saw) didn´t use sharia during war times...

to that Islam is engouraging us to hide our sins and the sins of our fellow muslim brothers/sisters when Allah has hide it... when the sin we comitted becomes known than we have to bear the consequences... or when we feel so regret that we insist by ourself for the punishment... but this is only possible when the society is cleaned from fitna and unjust otherwise raccam cutiing hands, etc is not allowed... and Allah knows best

:wasalam:

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

islam is not the only religion that gives a punishment of stoning. ALLAH SWT is the most just and He is also the most severe in giving punishment. i am not ashamed in any way that the shari'a supports the death penalty.
:wasalam:

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd

BUT IF A PERSON DOES ADULTERY BEFORE MARRIAGE THEN MUHAMMAD (S.W.A.) WOULD THEN STONE THAT PERSON TO DEATH ..AND I THAT PERSON ASKS ALLAH FORGIVENESS THEN WILL ALLAH FORGIVE HIM?

safiya58

Great acts of repentance

Here we will look at examples of repentance among the early generation of this ummah, the Companions of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him):

Buraydah (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that Maa’iz ibn Maalik al-Aslami came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, I have wronged myself by committing adultery, and I want you to purify me.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned him away. The next day, he came back and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, I have committed adultery,” and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned him away a second time. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent for his people and asked them, “Do you know of anything wrong with him mentally? Have you ever noticed any strange behaviour on his part?” They said, “What we know is that he is of sound mind. He is among the righteous people, as far as we can see.” Maa’iz came back a third time, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sent for his people too, and they told him that there was nothing wrong with him or with his mind. On the fourth day, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a hole dug for him, and commanded that he should be stoned. The Ghaamidi woman came and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I have committed adultery, so purify me.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned her away. The next day, she came back and asked, “Why are you turning me away? Perhaps you are turning me away as you turned Maa’iz away, but by Allaah I am pregnant.” He said, “Then no (I will not carry out the punishment). Go away until you have given birth.” When she had given birth, she brought the child wrapped in a cloth and said, “Here, I have given birth to him.” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Go away and breastfeed him until he is weaned.” When she had weaned him, she brought the child, holding a piece of bread in his hand, and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, here he is, I have weaned him and he is eating solid food now.” The child was given to one of the Muslims to take care of, then the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) ordered that a chest-deep hole be dug for her, and that she be stoned. Khaalid ibn al-Waleed picked up a stone and threw it at her head. Blood spurted out onto his face and he swore at her. The Prophet of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) heard what he said, and told him: “Take it easy, O Khaalid! By Him in Whose hand is my soul, she has repented in such a way that if the tax-gatherer had done so, he would have been forgiven.” (Reported by Muslim). Then he gave orders that the (funeral) prayer should be offered for her, and she was buried.

According to one report, ‘Umar said: “O Messenger of Allaah, you had her stoned and now you will pray for her!” He said: “She has repented in such a way that if it were to be shared out among seventy people of Madeenah, it would be sufficient for them. Can you find anyone better than one who gives up her soul for the sake of Allaah?” (Reported by ‘Abd al-Razzaaq in al-Musannaf, 7/325).

Note: he (saw) turned them ( Maa’iz ibn Maalik and the Ghaamidi woman) first away cuz he(saw) didn´t wabt them do be punished he (saw) wanted them to make tawba and go on to live their lives.... but they insisted on the punishment so it was carried out

Should I confess?

A person may sorrowfully ask: “I want to repent, but do I have to go and confess the sins I have committed? Is it a condition of repentance that I should tell the qaadi (judge) in the court about everything that I have done, and ask him to carry out the appropriate punishment on me? What is the meaning of the story I have just read about the repentance of Maa’iz, of the Ghaamidi woman and of the man who kissed a woman in the garden?”

My response to you is that the slave’s direct relationship with Allaah, with no intermediaries, is one of the most important aspects of the belief in Tawheed (Divine Unity) with which Allaah is pleased. He says (interpretation of the meaning): “And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor)…” [al-Baqarah 2:186]. If we believe that repentance is only for Allaah, then confession is only for Allaah too. In fact, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray in his du’aa’s asking for forgiveness: “Aboo’u laka bi na’matika wa aboo’u bi dhanbi (I acknowledge Your blessings and I acknowledge (i.e. confess) my sin to You).” This is a confession to Allaah.

We are not, by the grace of Allaah, like the Christians, with the priest, the chair of confession, the documents of forgiveness, etc.

Indeed, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Know they not that Allaah accepts repentance from His slaves…?” [al-Tawbah 9:104], i.e., He accepts repentance from His slaves without any mediator or intercessor.

As regards the carrying out of punishments, if the deed has not come to the official attention of the imaam, ruler or qaadi, a person does not have to go to them and confess. If Allaah has covered the sins of a person, there is nothing wrong with him covering his own sins. It is sufficient for him to repent to Allaah, and the matter is between him and his Lord. One of the Names of Allaah is al-Sitteer, meaning the One Who covers or conceals (the faults of His slaves), and He likes His slaves to conceal sins too. As far as the Sahaabah such as Maa’iz, the Ghaamidi woman who committed zinaa, and the man who kissed the woman in the garden are concerned, all of them did something which they were not obliged to do, may Allaah be pleased with them, because they were so keen to purify themselves. The evidence for this is the fact that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) turned away from Maa’iz and from the Ghaamidi woman at first. When ‘Umar said to the man who had kissed the woman in the garden, “Allaah covered his sin. He should have covered it himself?” the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) remained silent, indicating that he concurred with these words.

So it is not necessary to go to the court and register an official confession, if Allaah has covered one’s sins. Nor is it necessary to go to the imaam of a mosque and ask him to carry out the appropriate punishment, or to ask a friend to carry out the punishment of lashing inside the house, as some people imagine.

The following story will teach you how important it is to be careful of the attitude of some ignorant people towards those who repent: a man who wanted to repent went to the ignorant imaam of a mosque, confessed his sins to him and asked him what he should do. The imaam said, “Go to the court and confess your sins officially. They will carry out the appropriate punishment on you. Then we will see what to do next.” The poor man saw that he would not be able to do this, so he forgot about repenting and went back to his old ways.

Here I will take the opportunity to add an important comment: knowing about the rules of Islam, and seeking them from the correct sources is a trust. Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):

“… so ask of those who know the Scripture, if you know not.” [al-Nahl 16:43]

“… The Most Beneficent! Ask Him, as He is al-Khabeer (the All-Knower of everything).” [al-Furqaan 25:59]

Not every preacher is qualified to issue fataawaa (rulings or edicts). Not every imaam or muezzin, speaker or storyteller, is qualified to deliver rulings to the people. But the Muslim is responsible for knowing from where he can take rulings. This is an important matter of religion. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) feared what might befall his ummah at the hands of misguided imaams. One of the salaf (early generation of Islam) said: “Knowledge is religion, so pay attention to who it is you are taking your religion from.” Beware of these pitfalls, and only consult trustworthy scholars when you are in doubt about an issue. And Allaah is the source of help.

If u want to read more: http://www.kalamullah.com/repent.html

HE ACCEPTED REPENTANCE:

A man once went to Raabi'ah bint Isma'il al-'Adawiyyah, who was known by the titles, 'Mother of Goodness,' and, 'The Famous Worshipper.' He said, 'Indeed, I have perpetrated a great number of sins. If I repent, do you think that Allah will accept my repentence?"

She said, "Woe unto you! Do you not see that He invites those who turn away from Him; then why wouldn't He accept the repentance of those who turn towards Him?"

Raihan

Firstly, Stoning is not in the Quran. So, Muslims can easily discard it. Secondly, it's only for adulterous man and woman, and not for innocent or general people.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Firstly, Stoning is not in the Quran. So, Muslims can easily discard it. Secondly, it's only for adulterous man and woman, and not for innocent or general people.

As Salaam ALaykum My Brother Raihan,

Please read the below hadith...

The Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wa sallam - May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon himsaid, “There will come a time when a man sitting upon his couch is told a hadeeth and he replies, ‘Between us and you is the Book of Allah, the Mighty and Majestic. What we find in it to be lawful, we take as lawful and what we find in it to be forbidden, we take as forbidden.’ Indeed, what the Messenger of Allah has forbidden is like what Allah has forbidden.”

Hadith - Reported by Ahmad, Abu Daawood, Ibn Maajah and at-Tirmidhee, who declared it hasan. Al-Albaanee declared it saheeh in Saheehul-Jaami’ (no.8186).

daywalker

Rajm Ayaa is abrogated as an ayaa but its ruling is esatblished and confirmed by Sunnah.

there are three types of naskh
they are

Naskh al Hukm,
Naskh al Qiraah, and
Naskh al Hukm Wal Tilwah.

Naskh al Hukm means that ruling has been abrogated but the text remains.

Naskh al Qiraah means that the text has been abolished but the ruling remains.

Naskh al Hukm wal Tilwah, both the text and rulings are treated as abrogated.

Therefore the ayahtul-rajm, falls under naskh alqirah, where its recitation is abrogated but its ruling remains in effect, and as for the other surahs, their recitation and rulings have been abrogated.