Stories Of Abu Bakr & 'Umar...

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Assalaam o alaykum,

Please feel free to post away stories of the 2 greatest men of this ummah (Abu Bakr & 'Umar)

I'll post on what I have/find:

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
‘Umar Remembers The Good Old Days With Allaah’s Messenger

‘Umar Remembers The Good Old Days With Allaah’s Messenger

One night ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab was on his night (security) patrol, when he saw a light and sound comming from a house. He looked in to find an old lady spinning wool and singing the following couplets:

“May Allaah accept the prayers of the pious and elite,

Seeking blessings for Muhammad (peace be upon him),

Allaahs Prophet, he worshipped each night, and he wept before the dawning of each day,

I wish to know if I could be together with my beloved (Prophet Muhammad (saw)),

For death comes in different states of minds, and I do not know how I shall die.”​

‘Umar (ra), on hearing these lines, sat down weeping in love and memory of the Prophet (saw).

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.c...ers-the-good-old-days-with-allaahs-messenger/

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab: “Those Who Came Before You Were Destroyed Because…”

Places Their Prophets Prayed
It was narrated with a saheeh isnaad that ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab was on a journey and he saw people frequenting a place and praying there.

He asked, “What is this?”

They said, “A place where the Messenger of Allaah prayed.”

He said, “Those who came before you were destrpyed because of this. They took the places where their Prophets went as places of worship. If a person is there when the time for prayer comes, let him pray, otherwise let him move on.”

Ignoring The Divinely Revealed Book
It was narrated from ‘Amr Ibn Maymoon that his father said:

“A man came to ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab and said, ‘O Ameer al-Mu’mineen (Leader of the Believers), when we conquered Al-Madaa’in we found a book in which were some amazing words.’

He said, ‘From the Book of allaah?’

He said, ‘No.’

He called for his stick and started hitting him with it and reciting the words:

Alif-Lam-Ra. [These letters are one of the miracles of the Qur'an, and none but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings]. These are the Verses of the Clear Book [the Qur'an that makes clear the legal and illegal things, legal laws, a guidance and a blessing]. Verily, We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur’an in order that you may understand. We relate unto you [Muhammad] the best of stories through Our Revelations unto you, of this Qur’an. And before this [i.e. before the coming of Divine Inspiration to you], you were among those who knew nothing about it [the Qur'an].“

[Qur'aan, Surah Yusuf (12), Verses 1-3]

Then he said, ‘Those who came before you werre destroyed because they turned to the books of their scholars and bishops, and ignored the Torah and Gospel, until they were neglected and the knowledge in them was lost.’ “

[Taken from 'Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab, His Life And Times, By 'Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabi, Vol. I, Pp. 296-297 & 298]

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.c...e-who-came-before-you-were-destroyed-because/

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab: “Now ask For What You Want”

‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab: “Now ask For What You Want”

‘Umar saw a begger asking people (for charity), with a sack full of foodstuff on his back. He took the food and gave it to the Zakah camels, then said to him, “Now as for what you want.”

[Taken from 'Umar Ibn Al-Khattaab, His Life And Times, By 'Ali Muhammad As-Sallaabi, Vol. I, p. 287]

Source: http://theauthenticbase.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/umar-ibn-al-khattaab-now-ask-for-what-you-want/

Frank_H_Smith

New Revert 2010
I read where Umar's greatest concern upon being stabbed was that it may have been a Muslim and he feared he may have inadvertently wronged a Muslim. He was reported in the story to have shown great relieve in knowing that it was a non-Muslim assassin

MahyarEL-Prince

Studying Islam...
mashallah, Umar was such a wise individual , radi Allahu an.
I would love to learn more about Abu bakr, Umar, Uthman, wa Ali ibn abu talib Radi Allau anhuma

knight7

Assalaamu alaikum to everyone. Regarding stories of two of the greatest Sahaba... I don't have stories, But what I can share Inshya'Allah is a series of lectures by an awesome Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki. He has 3 whole series dedicated to Prophet Muhammad S.A.W, Abu-Bakr Al-Siddique R.A and also Umar Ibn-Al-Khattab R.A. Very very excellent and informative. I urge every brother and sister who wants to know about their life and ways in islam to visit these websites and download the lectures by the Imam. He also has a whole other list of lectures which are very profound and backed up by alot of authentic Hadiths. These are the sites which you may refer to :

I dont have alot of posts so i cant get the actual website written here, but hope you can figure it out. Just replace all the [dot] with the actual [ . ]

1) hoor-al-ayn[dot]com/lectures/anwar-al-awlaki/

2) kalamullah[dot]com/anwar-alawlaki[dot]html

3) alghurabaa[dot]org/lectures/awlaki/

There are also alot of other lectures by other excellent Imams, But this one is my Favourite ^_^.

May everyone benefit from these immense knowledge that Allah Swt has gifted us with and learn from them. Ameen.

Assalaamu a'alaikum warahmatullahi barakaatuhu.

TheAuthenticBase

Assalaamu 'alaykum!
Assalaamu alaikum to everyone. Regarding stories of two of the greatest Sahaba... I don't have stories, But what I can share Inshya'Allah is a series of lectures by an awesome Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki. He has 3 whole series dedicated to Prophet Muhammad S.A.W, Abu-Bakr Al-Siddique R.A and also Umar Ibn-Al-Khattab R.A. Very very excellent and informative. I urge every brother and sister who wants to know about their life and ways in islam to visit these websites and download the lectures by the Imam. He also has a whole other list of lectures which are very profound and backed up by alot of authentic Hadiths. These are the sites which you may refer to :

I dont have alot of posts so i cant get the actual website written here, but hope you can figure it out. Just replace all the [dot] with the actual [ . ]

1) hoor-al-ayn[dot]com/lectures/anwar-al-awlaki/

2) kalamullah[dot]com/anwar-alawlaki[dot]html

3) alghurabaa[dot]org/lectures/awlaki/

There are also alot of other lectures by other excellent Imams, But this one is my Favourite ^_^.

May everyone benefit from these immense knowledge that Allah Swt has gifted us with and learn from them. Ameen.

Assalaamu a'alaikum warahmatullahi barakaatuhu.

Assalaamu 'alaykum akhee,

May Allaah reward you for ur eagerness in the deen. However please do know what, and what not, to take from Anwar Awlaki...

As for u saying abou thim:

He also has a whole other list of lectures which are very profound and backed up by alot of authentic Hadiths

Then this is not so true as he does quote some unauthentic hadeeths in his seerah...

There is a difference of opinion if unauthentic hadeeths can be quoted while narrating the seerah, but argument aside, he does quote unauthentic narrations in his seerah...

A quick 2 examples of unauthentic narrations form the seerah are:

1) sayng that when abu bakr and the prophet (saw) hid in the cave (while going for the hijrah), that a spider made a spider-web on the entrance of the cave. <-- Unauthentic

2) ... i forgot the other famous unauthentic narration in the seerah...

but Allaahu alam if awlaki says this in particular...

Anyways, in short, he DOES have unauthentic narations in his seerah...

knight7

Assalaamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu.

Jazakallah khair akhi for helping me to correct my mistakes. I should have mentioned that the Imam does in fact narrate some un authentic / weak hadith in his seerah. However, If im not mistaken, he would say if they were weak or have any sort of basis before telling them. However I think most of his narrations are sound I think eg from Sahih Al Bukhari or Muslim.. Thank you once again Akhi.

Assalaamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu.