Strange....

Undertaker

Please FORGIVE me if I offend anyone. It certainly is NOT my intention, but as a new Muslim I always see this happening. I read all these posts and often one thing comes to my mind...

IF ALL THE MUSLIMS WOULD QUIT ARGUING, FIGHTING, AND DEBATING ON WHO OR WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHO OR WHAT IS WRONG...ISLAM COULD VERY WELL DOMINATE THE WORLD!!

Plain and simple!!!

If everyone would get on the same page, as we should, then there is no doubt that Islam would become the greatest religion in the world. It is already growing at a rate that is astonishing non Muslims, but I fear that all the little disagreements will show a very unstable religion...a religion where one sect does not agree with the other, where one person says this is right and that is wrong, and vice versa.
Think about it, no matter what you are...Sunni, Shia, or just plain Muslim(which us new Muslims sometimes refer to ourselves as) or anything other sect.. at certain times of the day, we are all united in ONE THING and that is PRAYER. Now if Muslims as a whole would get on the same page and unite with out prejudice, can you imagine how strong this religion would be? It is mind blowing.

I know that different people may believe different things, and that is ok...we can do that. We sometimes do need to ask and make sure that we are knowledgable about certain things and proper ways, but we should not let it come between us. We should not let it turn into a high tempered debate putting each other down. Accept your fellow brothers and sisters in Islam as just that. YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN ISLAM!! No matter what. Learn from each other..let things go if someone says or does something that you do not like. FORGIVE! If someone is clearly doing something wrong, GENTLY guide them. Approach them in a way that is non offensive and if they still believe what they believe, don't critisize them, don't get angry with them, instead pray for them, wish them well, smile and be on your way. It is so SIMPLE! We belong to a very forgiving and simple religion, the greatest religion, something that Allah(SWT) has sent for us(Alhamdulileh) and we complicate it with nonsense. It is confusing to me, ESPECIALLY as a new Muslim. I will write a new thread in a few minutes about what I think about coming into Islam..you should really read it and think about it.

Insha'Allah every one is in good health and had a very blessed EID.
May Allah accept all of our fasting and dua and let us see the next Ramadan. Insha'Allah

Assalamu Aleikom :)
Thats a very good post.The criteria set by Allah and his prophet is enough to judge who is a muslim and who is not and I don't need to consult and get Fatwaas from these illiterate Mullahs to prove my belied in Allah & his prophet.Of course whoever does shirk is a non-muslim which include some sects of shias but all shias are not mushriks.I've myself seen sunni & shia offering prayers before one Imaam but when amongst their followers,they are always busy accusing the other sect of being mushriks(those who have doubts about what I'm saying should just try to know alittle about a coalition of different religious groups in Pakistan called Mutahda Majlis-e-Amal,english translation would be United Action Forum).And I've stated in one my earlier posts on this forum that I don't believe in this sunni-shia & bull**** of sects that has harmed Islam more than crusaders & zionists in whole of the Islamic history.

zainsmommy

Undertaker,
I saw your post and totally agree with you.
I also believe you are so right when you say that we have done more damage to ourselves than others.

It is truly sad. :(

Insha'Allah we will all learn and become tolerant of our differences and stand up to fight for ONE cause. (and we all know what that cause is..or at least I would hope so) I fear what will happen if we don't.

The day is coming when the whole of Islam will make it to the top of that mountain, but if this continues... once we get there, like little children, everyone will be trying to push the other off the mountain because he doesn't "belong" or is not what we want them to be. Then they will start dividing each other up into "special" groups.."You go here because you don't belong on this side with us," "Who told you you can do that, it is wrong!"(when on the other side, it is right) Some will be yelling across the mountain at each other. Some will be in the middle, CONFUSED and having no idea where to settle. Some will close together, laughing and gossiping about others...and I could go on and on. It is not an exageration..IT IS WHAT IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW PEOPLE!!!!! Like children on a playground waiting to be picked for a team..and who is on the sideline? Satan of course, laughing...because he knows...

"Together they will conquer"...."DIVIDED THEY WILL FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"