suggestion needed

muslimahindeen

:salam2: I would like to know if any one have any ideas or suggestions on what should one do if she wants to get married ????and there is no one to go about in search of a good match for her??the sister is fully veiled ......Dua can change Taqdeer....i suggest she keeps making kots of dua for khair but should she just rely on dua alone :tti_sister: or go in search for a spouse....:wasalam:

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
:salam2:

Dua will definately help, but has the sister concidered letting her family know that she's interested in marrying? Perhaps a trusted family member can help arrange to meet together with suitable men from the Mosque; invite them over for dinner and a study, maybe. I wouldn't recommend she try to go out and search for them by herself.

There's a haddith that says that when a man or woman wants to marry, they should do so as soon as possible. Knowing this, I'm sure her family will be eager to support her in finding the right man. =) Best wishes,

:wasalam: ,
Brother Brandon

Umm3mar

:

"and there is no one to go about in search of a good match for her"

Please keep in mind the following is based on my experiences and opinion, I am not a scholar.

When I decided I wanted to marry, I didn't have a family member is Muslim.
(I reverted).

I discretely told the ladies in our Muslim community that I was ready to be married. Notice the wording. "Ready to be married" rather than "looking for a husband."

When I told my friends this; they arranged for me to meet gentlemen they knew who were looking for a wife. One lady introduced me to her brother over tea. Another lady invited me to iftar to meet her cousin.

Making du'a and istikhara is essential at all times in our lives.
Du'a and istikhara are especially important when looking for a marriage partner. Letting others know of your intentions in a discreet manner helps as well.

faiz_fauzi

Ask the muslims community nearby.And the must be somebody that want to get married also.Arrange the meeting.And let her choose the right person.I agree Dua and istikharah also important in order to receive guidance from ALLAH.All the best for the spouce searching.InsyaALLAH she will find a good one.

Abdul Malik

Marriage

Asalam alaikum wrahmatulahi wabrkatuh,

The advice given by some of the brothers and sisters is good sincere advice mashallah.
I guess in this day and age its not easy to get married even though everyone tells you that it is. But trying ot find that perfect partner well is thier ever such thing? i guess all marriages have ups and downs and we shouldnt be under any illusions.

But when it comes to trying to find someone then yes 1st and foremost we make duaa, cos without the help of ALLAH we dont get nothing. WE also make our intention for the sake of ALLAH.
Masjids should be places we should be able to go to and ask for suitbale partners but that isnt always the case but inshallah a option. Speaking to the imam is a sensible idea as they know the muslims of the community or are supposed to anyway.
You could also mention it to family members but again sometimes that can be difficult especially if they mix culture alongside dean, You ask for someone good they define that as someone who has a big salary, nice car and doesnt pray????
Then you have the bro/sis from amongest the community they always will have links mayb amongest thier own family and inshallah could help with finding a suitable partner for you???

These are my suggestions and inshallah they help one way or the other, i make duaa ALLAH makes it easy for you and for the people in the same situation as you to find suitable marriage partners, my cousins going through the same thing but sabr and plenty of duaa.

muslimahindeen

:jazaak: to every one......i have read your suggestions and i have realized the only suggestion i'm already acting upon and will keep doing is MAKING LOTS OF DUA................ they ain't anyone besides Allah subahanahu wat aala that knows what i want ,and He is the only one that will guide me towards that right person .I have no one to talk to or ask for help.Where i live i would never dare ask the Imam of the mosque he'll probably think i'm breaking the rules of hijab or some thing .....my family members are'nt really bothered and i have lots of close friends but they won't be of any help......so please everyone make lots of dua for me....:salam2:

Islamthetruth

sallam
Dua is the best way, and also where possible to ask her closest family to help her inshaallah.

DO NOT TRUST PEOPLE UNLESS YOU KNOW THEM IN PERSON MEANING: DONT ENGAGE ON THE SUBJECT OVER THE PHONE OR ONLINE

MAKE SURE SOMEONE GOES AND SEES HIM AND TALKS TO HIM and gets to know him

I know the sister is a good practising muslim but i just wanted to stress this important point.

May Allah grant the sister what she desires inshallah

zeneesha

~trini_muslimah~
:salam2:
Sister, I completely understand you. I can relate.
But all I come back to, is just making dua. Allah swt knows when it's really your time to get married, and insha Allah you will find someone who surpasses your expectations.
You know the saying "good things come to those who wait"..
Hope it works out for you..

almouchie

salam
I am not much different than you sister
where I come from, it isnt supposed to be this hard to get married
people meet each other & usually there is a period of time, before they decide to get married (sort of bf/gf) i never wanted that so here i am.

I havent actually went to my parents & told them I want to get married
though if it goes for long, I might have to actually spell it out
i have nothing against arranged marriages, as long as the 2 people actually hit off.
I make dua but i guess not enough
Only Allah knows what I want & I think if i actually spell out what i want & willing to accept in a husband, it may seem as though I am picky & choisy

but this is marriage, you will go through it once, & I want someone who will help me to follow islam & merit akhera.
for now I say to you sister, allah 23lam, i tell myself that, twakaletu 3ala Allah & He knows Best.

shmed

hear hear

i can empathise with u sister, i'm in the same situation. i guess the best we can do is to make dua inshaallah. may Allah open the good door for us and all the seekers out there.

:hijabi: