Sunnah prayer and dua

Hannah123

One Truth
Assalaam alaikum,
i know this is probably posted somewhere on tti, but I can't find it.
I need to know the rakahs and times of the prayers, i think they are called sunnah, the ones you don't have to pray but are sunnah to pray! Thanks.
Also does anyone know a good site for printable dua's that come with transliteration so i can learn how to say it in arabic?

Thanks.

MusLiMah_Kubra

Hasbi-Allah
walaikum as salam,

PRAYER TIMES

There are five obligatory prayers in a day. Each Salat must be offered at or during its proper time.The Muslim should make a serious effort to pray each prayer at the beginning of its period.

The Morning Prayer (SALAT-UL-FAJR)
It can be performed at any time between the breaking of the dawn till just before sunrise.

The Noon Prayer (SALAT-UL-ZUHR)
Its time begins after the sun declines from its zenith until it is about mid-afternoon.

The Afternoon Prayer (SALAT-UL-ASR)
Its time begins soon after the time for Zuhr prayer ends and extends to just before sunset.

The Evening Prayer (SALAT-UL-MAGHRIB)
Its time begins just after sunset and extends to a period of an hour and a half.

The Night Prayer (SALAT-UL-ISHA)
Its time begins about an hour and a half after sunset and extends to dawn.

NUMBER OF RAKAT FOR THE FIVE OBLIGATORY PRAYERS

(i) Fajr prayer: 2 Rakaat Sunnat Muakkadah, 2 Rakaat Fard

(ii) Zuhr prayer: 2 or 4 Rakaat Sunnat Muakkadah , 4 Rakaat Fard, 2 Rakaat Sunnat Muakkadah and an unspecified number of Nafl as time and capacity allows.

Ibn Umar said "I prayed alone with Allah's Messenger (pbuh) 2 Rakaat before and 2 Rakaat after the Thuhr prayer. (Bukhari and Muslim)

It is a familiar practice to offer 4 Rakaat Sunnat before Thuhr prayer, but this Hadith proves that 2 Rakaat Sunnat before the Thuhr prayer is also allowed.

(iii) Asr Prayer: 2 or 4 Rakaat Sunnat Ghair Muakkaadah , 4 Rakaat Fard. Ali said, "Allah's Messenger (pbuh) used to pray 4 Rakaat before Asr prayer separating them with a salutation..." (Tirmidhi)

Another Hadith narrated by Ali says, Allah's Messenger (pbuh) used to pray two Rakaat before Asr prayer. (Abu Dawud)

(iv) Maghrib prayer.: 2 Rakat Nafl, 3 Rakat Fard, 2 Rakat Sunnat Muakadah and an unspecified number of Nafl as time and capacity allows.

Abdullah bin Mughaffal reported the Prophet ((pbuh) as saying, "Pray before the Maghrib prayer", adding when saying it the third time, That was because he did not wish people to treat it as a compulsory Sunnat.

2 Rakaat Nafl after sunset and before the Maghrib prayer are allowed for those who wish to do so. For this the above Hadith is a sure proof. However, some people forbid this and others find it very strange if they see a person offer 2 Rakaat Nafl before Maghrib.

(v) Isha prayer: An unspecified number of Nafl Rakaat according to the time and capacity, 4 Rakaat Fard, 2 Rakaat Sunnat Muakkadah, unspecified number of Nafl as time and capacity allows and 3 Witr.

Some people insist very emphatically upon the offering of 4 Rakaat optional Sunnat before the Isha prayer but during our entire research we could not find a single proof, any practice or order from Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) or his companions to justify this claim. Certainly, it is allowed to pray Nafl while waiting for Jamaat.

Some people offer 2 Rakat Nafl after the Witr Prayer. However, there is an authentic Hadith which states that the Witr prayer should be offered after all the Nafl, which a person wishes to pray, have been offered.

Ibn Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (pbuh) said "Make Witr as the last prayer of your night prayer." (mishkat)

As for the duas, u can refer this site http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/

or any site, which contains duas from Fortress of Muslim, they have the transliteration...or i suggest u purchase the book, quite handy too..

Hope the above helped...:hijabi:

Jazakallah khairan

Baarkallahu feekum