Support in Islam

jimcate

Assalamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters--This week makes 17 weeks since reverting to Islam. I recieved alot of support with books,CD's,prayer rugs, khufis, and pamphlets from Islam Religion.com and why islam.org. I also appreciate the support from my brothers and sisters on this websit(TTI). There is so much support on the internet for Muslims and I am so very grateful for this. I was wondering what the experiences of my fellow muslims have been concerning the internet?
Insha Allah,
jim cate:astag::ma::tti_sister::salah:

abu'muhammad

:bismillah1:

:salam2:

brother, welcome to majmuaah (gathering) for ilm.

A person asked the Prophet (sws): ‘What is the best in Islam’. The Prophet replied: ‘To feed the poor and to greet a person you know with al-salamu ‘alaykum as well as to greet him whom you do not know. (Bukhari, Kitabu’l-Istidhan)

lillahil hamd

Abel213

Assalamaleikum,
:SMILY206:
Alhamdillalah I'm very happy for you Jimcate and I recently recieved a free package of Islamic books(including Quran, how to pray by Sunnah) from http://www.imanway.com/. Very wonderful books and a extraordinary rendition of the Quran in English translation all for free. They have a special package just for reverts such as yourself and I highly suggest that you enquire about it.
I can honestly say that there has never been a better time for the dawah of Islam! THe forum website address for english speakers is http://imanway.com/en/forumdisplay.php?f=11:SMILY149:

cmelbouzaidi

Actually, Isaiah, the Qur'an is the undisputed word of God and the bible is manmade. At least we know that the Qur'an has remained unchanged for 1400 years and yet the Bible has very little of the original left in the scores of versions that are out there today. Don't be a hater, Isaiah, to you is your religion and to us is ours.

How can you fault a religion that asks us to worship only God, pray in complete submission to God 5 times a day, fast for a holy month to see what it feels like to go hungry and increase our faith, give money to charity and not hold on to material goods and gather, millions of us, every year, to perform a pilgrimage to worship God... A beautiful time with people from all over the world of every skin colour and so many different languages and cultures. There is no distinction between rich and poor, we are all simply clad in simple white clothes. When it is time to pray, imagine the picture of a sea of white as millions bow down in submission to the Almighty in praise and gratitude for all He has given us, Alhamdulillah (praise be to God). BTW, we pray in the same way Jesus did, performing ablutions (ritual wash) before prayer and prostrating in submission to God, just as Jesus did. We greet each other with the same greeting Jesus did... Assalamu alaikom = Peace be upon you..... We believe Jesus is the Messiah and we believe in the miracles of Jesus. In fact, we believe in the gospels and psalms of David in their original form. Jesus is a beloved messenger of God, who never claimed to be anything more than that. The truth will be revealed on Judgement Day. I am happy to be part of a religion where millions of people have memorized Qur'an from cover to cover, millions of us take time out of busy lives five times a day to worship and pray directly to Allah, the one God, our creator..... everything we are taught in Islam is about being accountable for our actions, worshipping one true God who has no partners and being decent to our fellow human-being. No other religion dedicates so much time for ordinary people to worship and serve the Creator..... My life has been on the up and up since I joined Islam 17 years ago, the best decision I ever made and I love Jesus and his teachings more than ever today :)

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Read The HOLY BIBLE reject fiction and TURN To CHRIST

Bishmillah, Alhamdulilah.

Right ok then, direct me to THE Bible. Because as far as I am aware there are 53 different versions of the Bible in English alone, each slightly different in text to suit each individual denomination's needs. And, Depending on what kind of Christian you are; old school (Catholic/Orthodox) or new school (Protestant/Baptist/Jehovah/etc) you're Bible will have a different number of books, for older Christians the Bible is made up of 72 books and for newer Christians the Bible is made up of 66 books.
All Bible's however contain some quite large contradictions, many of the statements made in the books of Samuel and Kings heavily contradict the book of Chronicles and the Gospel of John contradicts even itself! Also, if what the Bible says is true then Noah was an alcoholic, Moses was a murder, Soloman was a cheater, Jesus was God and as God had to die because sin was too powerful for the Creator of everythnig to just forgive Himself (how does that even make sense?).
I used to be a Roman Catholic so I do know these things and I know even more, for example there was a fifth Gospel which was taken out of the Bible by the Catholic Church because it didn't fit in with the rest of them.
To round off, there is no original Bible, it doesn't exist. The oldest thing is a scrap of paper from hundreds of years after the life of Jesus. The languege the Bible was written in is now dead (Aramaic), there are so many things to say about it and such little time. For you're own good I suggest you go and look into it, try and find the 'proof' of what it says and try to convince yourself after that it is still the word of God, because once someone realises how unstable the Bible is they have to accept that it can't be the word of God.

Don't judge, don't hate and don't post silly comments on this great website.

May Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala have mercy on me and keep me on this Straight Path, Ameen.

Read The HOLY BIBLE reject fiction and TURN To CHRIST

the holy what???....its been modified so many times it doesnt even deserve to b called holy anymore............why dont u open ur heart and engage in a debate here rather than jz say two words cause that means u aint got no proof