Surah Kahf. story?

Rivergirl

:salam2:
i recently read a transalation of Surah Kahf and although im familiar with many of the stories in the Holy Quran, the story in this surah about the men in the cave i did not recognise, can anyone tell me more about this Surah. mashallah there are many knowledgebale people on this site!
:wasalam:

A

abdelhak fidunya

Ibn khathir web site is the right one
but just one remarque sister get the habit to say the Qu'aan shareef (Noble) not the holy that is imitating the crusades

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2: Sister RiverGirl,

You can also go to this website: http://www.tafheem.net/main.html

Select any Surah on the left. For any Surah if you click on the "Intro" (which is in the header) you will get the background details of that surah.

Try it... I am sure you will like this website a lot. My teenage children also go to this website and they like it too.
:wasalam:

Surah al kahf

asalamu alejkum bro and sis in islam after salaamz i wanna say that this surah has three storys first is about the young men who was hidden at the cave second it talks about NAbi Musa and Nabi qadar and then it talks about dhul qarnain and goog and magoog (yajuuj wa majujj) and remember bro and sis to recite this surah every friday cause its good and memorise the first ten verses in suura al kahf then u will be protected from Dajjal

shichemlydia

it is about

salam alikoum,
first, allah knows the best,
the story happened after the time of jesus (peace be up on him) and before the prophet mohamed (pbuoh).
a group of believers escaped to a cave, and stayed there 310 years, and then came back to life.
the wisdom behind the story is, people at that time wondered how allah will bring back dead bodies to life, they wondered how allah will send life again at the day of judgement. and allah made them to see this example.
again, allah knows the best.
salam alikoum