Sweat off the Small Things

zainab bala

Allah is sufficient.
Life is too short at it's longest. Ibrahim (a.s) died at the age of 250 years. That was a good ripe age. But even then that was so little when you realise that the universe had been for over a million years and will continue for as long as Allah wants. Today, people don't live as old as 150 years talk less of 250 years, the average life expectancy is about 45 years. Waoh!

You can now see how extremely short time we got to do so much - much enough for us to live on in the Hereafter. It is thus unnecessary waste of time to bother with small stuffs. Example:
A. 'tried to outdo my company and pull the rug under my feet, I'm going to deal with him even with the last drop of my blood.'
B. 'is after my children, and i've vowed I wont harm people anymore, But this one? If I have to become a witch, I'll be.'

The Qur'an says: 'They will do you no harm' - meaning no one has the power to harm without the permission of Allah. If they come out to fight you, they will show you their back - meaning they are cowards, they cannot do anything. If you know that the ultimate power resides with Allah, and by extention you, because you have developed a solid relationship with Him, you should therefore not worry about the small stuff.
Sweat off the small stuff and keep your focus on the big picure - Allah. Small stuffs don't deserve your grief and worry.