Swimming!

lazim

Asalam alaykum sister

There is women only swimming sessions on Tuesday morning, eveing and Friday evenings at Montem Leisure centre in Slough. The Friday one in particular was set up for muslim women by the an-nisa group in slough, although non-muslim women are also allowed to attend.

Not sure if this is too far for you but thought it was worth a mention. As for clothes, most sister wear a swimming costume with a t.shirt and leggings or tracksuit bottoms over it. Not sure if this is ok islamically or not though?

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

hrm... *cough* I do not consider the 'burqini' appropriate for any mixed setting... i mean yeck... how can you go out like that in public and not see that it may cover skin, but in most areas does NOT cover shape?

*groan* Ya Allah protect all of us from fitna, and let us not disgrace ourselves when it comes to our Deen.

:wasalam:

Abu Sarah

Allahu Akbar
Staff member
.....Peace be upon those who follow true guidance...

Islam is an EXTREMELY difficult religion

Surely Islam is EXTREMELY difficult religion on u

What is life without religion? What is the point of living and working and striving if it is not for the purpose of pleasing Allaah? Can there be any joy in life or salvation after death or any hope of attaining the bliss of Paradise without entering Islam? If we do not worship Allaah, what are we going to worship? Our whims and desires? Would a wise person accept to be the slave of his sexual desire that will soon come to an end or of some wealth that he will soon leave behind in this transient world? Man has a spirit that will never be at peace unless he worships Allaah. He has a conscience that cannot thrive except in the light of Allaah. He has a soul that can never be at ease unless it is in contact with Allaah, remembering Him, speaking to Him, praying and fasting for His sake, putting its trust in Him and repenting to Him

. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Is he who was dead (without Faith by ignorance and disbelief) and We gave him life (by knowledge and Faith) and set for him a light (of Belief) whereby he can walk amongst, like him who is in the darkness (of disbelief, polytheism and hypocrisy) from which he can never come out?…”
[al-An’aam 6:122]

“And whomsoever Allaah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam, and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky…”

[al-An’aam 6:125]

There is no need for hesitation in this matter, because it is the matter of freedom from the Fire of Hell and salvation from the wrath of al-Jabbaar (the Compeller, i.e., Allaah), and attaining the victory of happiness in this world and the next. Allaah Who created you and created the heavens and earth is greater, and obeying Him is more important, than the closest of relatives and the dearest of friends. Become Muslim and you will be safe

......any way find the reality of islam by urself..

Here : Introductory Articles About Islam

peace,
islamicfajr

revert_north

NEW MUSLIMA

hrm... *cough* I do not consider the 'burqini' appropriate for any mixed setting... i mean yeck... how can you go out like that in public and not see that it may cover skin, but in most areas does NOT cover shape?

*groan* Ya Allah protect all of us from fitna, and let us not disgrace ourselves when it comes to our Deen.

LOL, I pretty much thought the same too. No offence to the sister in the film, but I thought she looked more like a deep sea diver than a muslima! However, I do think it could be appropriate in a same-sex setting. PLUS, it's probably the type of thing that a public pool would allow you to wear, since they are often strict on wearing loose/absorbent clothing whilst swimming.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Salaam alekoum,

Sisters, did anyone see this: http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=5...37AA6&t=s3&f=06/64&p=top_topnews&fg=&GT1=8921

(a link to a video about a 'burkini' which supposedly allows Muslim women to swim in public. It's an MSN video so I don't know how to embed it in TTI. There's a 30-second ad before it starts, so be patient).

I think people will put a ticket on such a women if she goes to Pakistan. This is absured. I think a woman should wear this burkini if they want to show their body, :D, and not when they want to hide.

Wassalam,
VE

Sister June

My GP was strongly recommended I take up swimming to help my a medical condition.

I cant go swimming as people will see me in a bathing suit which is allowed. I have seen you can buy a bathing suit which has leggings & sleeves, like the ones professional swimmers wear.

Are these allowed, as they cover most of the body???

Or can someone suggest another way of getting around this problem?

Join the YWCA; its all women. IF you are afraid of being seen period, (like me) go at the least traffic time. Thats usually in the AM or late near closing time. Of course I would find a womens club.