take off hijab?

weakslave

I come across people who claim that hypocrites are the only people that wear hijabs and that their reasons for not doing so is because they don't want to be one themselves.

That is incredible. I never thought I'd see the day when there would be Muslims claiming the one who wears hijab is a hypocrite.

We are living in the worst of times I have no doubts about this.

May Allaah protect us and our sisters.

One general rule to keep in mind when faced with any situation in life: there is no success in the disobedience of Allaah.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum,

I could have not said it better than what "weakSlave" wrote:
there is no success in the disobedience of Allaah.
Think about it sister,

I ask Allaah to protect the faith of the Ummah...indeed we're in a time of tribulation and great fitnah. Subhana'Allaah, only Allaah can keep our hearts clean, our tongue upon the truth, and our dealings pure. We should put our out most trust in Him, alone.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
:wasalam:

If you have their email addresses perhaps you can send this out to them :-

Verses and hadeeth about Correct Hijaab

JazakAllah khair for the verses akhi but these are women that will not change regardless of whatever proofs are presented to them. These ayaat are not new to them; neither are the ahadith. They simply claim that these very ayaat are "open to interpretation" and they interpret them in a way that justifies their behavior. If a hadith is stating something contrary to their personal opinion, they will question its sources even if it is Imam Bukhari himself. This is nothing new and nothing that will change. In the end, people will do what THEY want to do, irrespective of the proof.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
JazakAllah khair for the verses akhi but these are women that will not change regardless of whatever proofs are presented to them. These ayaat are not new to them; neither are the ahadith. They simply claim that these very ayaat are "open to interpretation" and they interpret them in a way that justifies their behavior. If a hadith is stating something contrary to their personal opinion, they will question its sources even if it is Imam Bukhari himself. This is nothing new and nothing that will change. In the end, people will do what THEY want to do, irrespective of the proof.

:salam2:

This is a calamity. I know what you are talking about.

It is like these people claim to have better than the understanding of Islam than the first 3 generations of Islam. They want to interpret verses the way it suits them, even though they might not even know enough Arabic to translate the verse into English or their respective mother tongue.

We should make dua for them. May Allah azz zawajal give them hidayah. Ameen

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
That is incredible. I never thought I'd see the day when there would be Muslims claiming the one who wears hijab is a hypocrite.

My mother once told me something very wise. Whenever you try to do something good, it's your OWN people that try to stop you.

She told me that for as long as she could remember, she noticed that whenever a Muslim tried to do something good, it was his or her fellow Muslims that would try to stop them and served as the biggest obstacle. And I've found this to be true.

With non-Muslims you can expect some hesitation and disagreement from them. Why? Because this is new to them and they don't have the necessary knowledge of Islamic practice initially. They will naturally question something that is foreign to them.

However, with Muslims, even with the knowledge of why Shariah implements a certain behavior or practice, many of them feel they must question it. Why? Because it's a threat to THEM somehow and the lifestyle they have chosen to adopt. They would rather say that their fellow Muslims are lacking in knowledge than to admit that it is they themselves that have chosen to pick and choose what they want to implement from Islam. They feel as if their roles as Muslims are being undermined somehow (this being their own opinion that they project onto their fellow Muslims) and they want to make their practicing peers feel bad about themselves so that THEY in turn can feel good about themselves.

weakslave

My mother once told me something very wise. Whenever you try to do something good, it's your OWN people that try to stop you.

She told me that for as long as she could remember, she noticed that whenever a Muslim tried to do something good, it was his or her fellow Muslims that would try to stop them and served as the biggest obstacle. And I've found this to be true.

With non-Muslims you can expect some hesitation and disagreement from them. Why? Because this is new to them and they don't have the necessary knowledge of Islamic practice initially. They will naturally question something that is foreign to them.

However, with Muslims, even with the knowledge of why Shariah implements a certain behavior or practice, many of them feel they must question it. Why? Because it's a threat to THEM somehow and the lifestyle they have chosen to adopt. They would rather say that their fellow Muslims are lacking in knowledge than to admit that it is they themselves that have chosen to pick and choose what they want to implement from Islam. They feel as if their roles as Muslims are being undermined somehow (this being their own opinion that they project onto their fellow Muslims) and they want to make their practicing peers feel bad about themselves so that THEY in turn can feel good about themselves.

So true. In our community there was a woman who embraced Islam fully, the hijab and everything. She was drawn in with a group of sisters who do not practice the hijab in public so she took it off. A few months later the leading sister in that group accepted the hijab and began wearing it. By then it was too late: the sister is now long gone and who knows what faith she follows now.

As muslims, we are under a lot of pressure to follow Islam to the best of our abilities. And if we are doing something wrong it should be out of ignorance or some very valid Islamic reason. Otherwise we do not know who we are misguiding.

omahmed

Sister in Islam
I agree with sister Shahnaz. It has been a little over a month since I've changed cities, and once again I'm looking for a job - you won't believe how many people have said to me that I'll never get a job in hijab. Where I live, there's one of the most prominent hospitals of the US which I'm really trying to enter into because basically, its my dream to work there. And again, everyone says I'll never get in, and even if I do, I'll be horribly discriminated against. But I really couldn't care less for what they say - Rizq comes from Allah, and if Allah wills and its good for me, I'll get the job and if not, then no.

And tomorrow morning I have an interview for that very place. So pray for me please! :) I'm going in hijab obviously, and its never coming off, inshallah.
Salaam
Best of luck insha'Allah with your interview and hope you got the job!

omahmed

Sister in Islam

We are living in the worst of times I have no doubts about this.

May Allaah protect us and our sisters.

One general rule to keep in mind when faced with any situation in life: there is no success in the disobedience of Allaah.
Salaam
I'm glad you have brought this up. I actually once took off my hijab for this very reason - I had put it on in the US, and I faced a lot of resistance from even my own mother when I went home - at this time I lived in Egypt and hijab was not very popular then there. I kept strong for a few weeks then took it off, saying to myself, well, so many girls I knew were wearing it and behaving badly, so I felt it was hypocritical to keep it on. I've put it on and taken it off a few times to be honest, the longest I've kept it on was since my husband and I went to Hajj about 7 years ago. I'm glad there are so many strong sisters on this forum - I'm a bit embarrassed to have brought this up, but it's what I've gone through. Thanks for your advice - masha'Allah, what a good group of people.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
:salam2:
a muslim woman,as she says to be,if she professes her belief with strong iman and wears her hijab,but for working reasons takes it off,by myself it's like the one who doesn't know which way to take.or she takes her hijab off one time forever or she wears it one time forever,because hijab is not like choosing to go right or left:hijab wearing is an only way.so it couldn't exist that for the thoughts of others a muslim woman can pay attention to them,instead of thinkig to herself.:wasalam: