TAQDEER..what we call LUCK!!

eager

Assalamualaikum,
we all know ,,thr r results for certain works.But people often said,"this was my luck".The thing is when we pass & prosper we dont hink abt luck ,but we fail we call luck..ill-luck.i want to know about luck!!We all work,for ex,same students in the class dont get same marks cause of their performance & hard work,but sometimes a student from nowhere get the highest mark,it is ALLAH who gives the result ....but if thr is no luck y we keep try & some dnt try...pls help me by giving me definition of luck.....cause i want to know....

islamirama

www.netmuslims.com
:wasalam:

Luck: a : a force that brings good fortune or adversity b : the events or circumstances that operate for or against an individual. 2. : favoring chance;

Luck is what the atheists believe in, there is no room for it in Islam. To believe in luck is shirk because you are saying there is something that has equal or more power than Allah to determine your fate and outcomes.

Allah says:

“Whatever of good reaches you, is from Allaah, but whatever of evil befalls you, is from yourself.” [al-Nisa’ 4:79]

And Taqdeer does not mean luck. It's more like Qadr, otherwise you wouldn't hear statements like, "he got what was written in his taqdeer".