teacher training Advice!!!

shmed

:salam2:

:bismillah1:

please would any teachers in the UK giv me advice?

basically i'm 20 and would like to go to uni to study teaching, because i've got this idea that i want to teach in an islamic school. Therefore i would realy apreciate if som one preferably a teacher would tell me what the situation is like for teacher training, if its advisable to go thru with it and what the pit falls and advantages are.

by the way i'm a sister (for those that might b confused)

jazakumullah khairan

wassalam

revertmuslimah

salaam

Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I have just recently qualified as a secondary teacher of Religious Education, it was the hardest thing I have ever done. I am also a hijabi, I think it is fantatsic that you want to teach as we need more muslim women to teach in schools as its fantastic dawah. You basically apply for a post graduate course and they interview you etc. You do get a bursary £6000 or £9000 but the institution now has the right to charge you £3000 tuition fees now and they also dont pay off your student loans like they used to.PM me if you like.

revertmuslimah :hijabi:

shmed

thanks so much sister for replying. thing is i havnt got a degree in the first place, so i assume i would hav to do that 1st. so students dont get a bursery anymmore?
by the way (this's silly but) i cant figure out how to PM!

zarah

Islam
Staff member

thanks so much sister for replying. thing is i havnt got a degree in the first place, so i assume i would hav to do that 1st. so students dont get a bursery anymmore?
by the way (this's silly but) i cant figure out how to PM!

sis I have sent you a private message,you can view that by clicking on a icon on the top right hand corner.

:wasalam: